“Brass Lantern in Crossville”

The Brass Lantern Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #18 of 128 Restaurants in Crossville
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Steaks-Seafood-Chops-Lamb-Chicken. Full service casual dining.... Golfers-Travelers-Families--Date Night Kids menu available Ten and under. Full Service Bar and wine list available Reservations recommended but NOT required
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Recent visit after staying away for a couple of years did not prove to be a good reason for returning anytime soon. Ordered a rib eye steak to be served medium rare. It was served well done. Sending it back only brought me a medium rare steak that was quite tough and not much flavor. My wife ordered the grilled salmon and it was very nice. Atmosphere was a bit noisy and not the place for a special occasion as there is no dress code.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Do not go to special buffets luncheons there. The food was terrible. Minimal and simple desserts. I was almost embarrassed that I even took my mom and mother in law there. Would have cooked for them instead as it was also very expensive with only fair service. Water glasses stayed empty

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Not much choices in Crossville. One of the few places that had a good menu and a good bartender. White table clothes in restaurant area and then separate bar area where it's quiet and comfortable to eat as well.

1  Thank benl
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We tried the Brass Lantern for lunch, yesterday. This was our first meal there under its new ownership.
My wife and I were greeted promptly by the server/hostess. The lunch menu has several nice offerings which are all reasonably priced.
My wife ordered the French Dip sandwich, while I had the Reuben, or Ruben, depending on which menu you read from.
My Reuben was flavorful, although not very warm. The marbled rye was grilled only to the point that the bread was dried out. My wife enjoyed her French Dip, but did not eat her French Fries. They were almost without flavor, as were mine. Our server said that the person working the frier never salts the fries. I did eat mine, although they were almost room temperature.
We will return. I have great hopes for this place, since it's close to home, and Crossville doesn't have much to offer for restaurants. I hope that the new owner reads this review and makes a few minor improvements in food flavor and temperature.

1  Thank PilgrimBill
Reviewed 20 April 2014

STOP! READ NO REVIEW PREVIOUS TO MARCH 14,2014! The Brass Lantern is back again with a new owner/chef who's done many good things here in Cumberland County, After leaving Fairfield Glade Resort/ Retirement community he's come back and taken over this previously great spot that had gone downhill.
It's still tablecloths, good cutlery, and real napkins but the food and service seem back to good days, and evenings. On April 18th my ladyfriend Carol and I had a very good, fairly priced meal with typical good service. She had perfectly cooked ribeye steak with a large baked potato; I had the Crabmeat Stuffed Mahi-Mahi with smashed red potatoes. $23 and $17. The salads were good and I enjoyed my first try at the Tomato-Basil Vinaigrette. Carol's whiskey sour and my Manhattan were each $6. This pleasant place shares the building with the Chestnut Hill Winery right at exit 322 of I-40.