“The Restaurant at (K Y K E R S) Corner” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff
Sevierville, Tennessee
“The Restaurant at (K Y K E R S) Corner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

The name does keep changing I went on a short bike ride and the sign read "The Restaurant at (K Y K E R S) Corner" - for some reason Trip Advisor thinks that (K Y K E R S) is profanity?

I just stop to rest and get a drink but when I saw the Moonshine Fired Pickles I had to try them.
They were good! I sat out side and the chairs were not the most comfortable but all in all its a great place to sit outside and take a moment.

I think I will give this place a try for an actual meal. Nice country setting inside and out.

• Visited September 2012

Memphis, Tennessee
“Name Unknown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

I have a credit card receipt that shows the merchant as K. Corner. I have an itemized bill that shows the merchant as Southern Comfort. So I don't know what to call this restaurant. Evidently the location has changed ownership several times. At any rate. Nice little down-home diner in the quaint little historic town of Dandridge, TN. We only had sandwiches but they were outstanding, one meatball sandwich, and one chicken club, plus coleslaw and french fries. The cook even came out of the kitchen to ask if everything was satisfactory. Prices were very reasonable, but most importantly the food was outstanding. Service was excellent.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank GilB867
Hoover, Alabama
“Hoping For The Best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

This restaurant, now called Lyker House, has changed owners and is no longer named Southern Comfort. This is the closest sit-down restaurant to my home and my wife and I are sincerely hoping the new owner makes a go of it. Our party of four gave it our first try this evening. Every factor you can think of is in this location's favor. Great, historic small town just off I-40, surrounded by historic buildings and across the street from a beautiful, green Revolutionary War-era graveyard. Douglas Lake is one block away The restaurant itself is housed in a beautiful old building right on the corner of the downtown. Just up the street is the court house where Davy Crockett posted his marriage bond before marrying Polly Finlay. There is charming outside seating and comfortable generously-sized booths inside. The decor is pleasant. Everything is in place for a well-run restaurant to succeed, but I've seen four different attempts fail in the past 7 years.
The current menu is somewhat limited, but that is a good thing for a new place. Do a few things well and build on that is a wise plan. My wife's Avocado BLT was delicious she said. Our friends ordered the Shrimp Scampi and the Dandridge Chicken. The chicken dish was very attractively presented with a beautiful garnish of locally-grown Grainger County tomatoes. They both said their choices were very good. My Classic Burger was great and cooked exactly to specification. The chef provided a bowl of fresh, peeled figs with a cheese accompaniment as a favor to my wife. Nice touch. So we'll definitely try them again despite the "newbie" flubs. Limited menu, wait staff willing but not too familiar with the offerings, too many employees standing around, etc. Like I said, we're hoping.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Used to be my favorite, the new owner has ruined it!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

I don't know where to start with this one. I used to absolutely love this restaurant and would recommend it to everyone! The food was amazing and the value was unmatched.
Enter the new owner(sometime over the last few weeks)...frozen freezer fries (used to be seasoned potato wedges, lukewarm food, total menu change, no lemonade, NO BREAKFAST(!!!) and she doesn't believe in comment cards! I am so sad to see this amazing cafe be run to the ground. While I was there I overheard two other customers complaining about both the menu and their food quality. I won't be going back despite this place being filled with family memories.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lakota88
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Southern comforts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

I have read some of the previous reviews and evidently my wife and I came on a good day. I will agree that the service is uneven but it was friendly. The moonshine fried pickles were delightful and worth the stop by themselves. The salads were fresh and the soup was very good.

• Visited August 2012