“Very Good”

Dining options: Breakfast
henderson nv
“Very Good”
Reviewed 14 November 2012

This was a great little place to eat on a Sun morning they have a good menu and its located downtown historic Dandrige. I ordered Quiche and my husband had a club sand both were huge and very good they also have a bakery case with all kinds of homemade baked goods but we were to full to enjoy, very cute place in a historic building

• Visited November 2012

“Moonshine pickles are great.”
Reviewed 19 October 2012 via mobile

Moonshine pickles are great. Food is good. Italian cream cake is really good. Service was excellent. Atmosphere is fun.

Sevierville, Tennessee
“The Restaurant at (K Y K E R S) Corner”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

The name does keep changing I went on a short bike ride and the sign read "The Restaurant at (K Y K E R S) Corner" - for some reason Trip Advisor thinks that (K Y K E R S) is profanity?

I just stop to rest and get a drink but when I saw the Moonshine Fired Pickles I had to try them.
They were good! I sat out side and the chairs were not the most comfortable but all in all its a great place to sit outside and take a moment.

I think I will give this place a try for an actual meal. Nice country setting inside and out.

• Visited September 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
“Name Unknown”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I have a credit card receipt that shows the merchant as K. Corner. I have an itemized bill that shows the merchant as Southern Comfort. So I don't know what to call this restaurant. Evidently the location has changed ownership several times. At any rate. Nice little down-home diner in the quaint little historic town of Dandridge, TN. We only had sandwiches but they were outstanding, one meatball sandwich, and one chicken club, plus coleslaw and french fries. The cook even came out of the kitchen to ask if everything was satisfactory. Prices were very reasonable, but most importantly the food was outstanding. Service was excellent.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank GilB867
Hoover, Alabama
“Hoping For The Best”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

This restaurant, now called Lyker House, has changed owners and is no longer named Southern Comfort. This is the closest sit-down restaurant to my home and my wife and I are sincerely hoping the new owner makes a go of it. Our party of four gave it our first try this evening. Every factor you can think of is in this location's favor. Great, historic small town just off I-40, surrounded by historic buildings and across the street from a beautiful, green Revolutionary War-era graveyard. Douglas Lake is one block away The restaurant itself is housed in a beautiful old building right on the corner of the downtown. Just up the street is the court house where Davy Crockett posted his marriage bond before marrying Polly Finlay. There is charming outside seating and comfortable generously-sized booths inside. The decor is pleasant. Everything is in place for a well-run restaurant to succeed, but I've seen four different attempts fail in the past 7 years.
The current menu is somewhat limited, but that is a good thing for a new place. Do a few things well and build on that is a wise plan. My wife's Avocado BLT was delicious she said. Our friends ordered the Shrimp Scampi and the Dandridge Chicken. The chicken dish was very attractively presented with a beautiful garnish of locally-grown Grainger County tomatoes. They both said their choices were very good. My Classic Burger was great and cooked exactly to specification. The chef provided a bowl of fresh, peeled figs with a cheese accompaniment as a favor to my wife. Nice touch. So we'll definitely try them again despite the "newbie" flubs. Limited menu, wait staff willing but not too familiar with the offerings, too many employees standing around, etc. Like I said, we're hoping.