“wonderful place to stay”

Quality Inn Decherd
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Decherd
Baxter, Tennessee
“wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

the motel is always clean and the staff is vary friendly and professional and the rate is fair i have been staying there for about eight years every other week for business it has always been a vary nice place to stay at it is vary convenient for me and the staff has alway been vary friendly

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Florida Keys, Florida
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We returned from vacation to find our home flooded. We have been staying at this hotel now for almost 2 weeks. Everyone has been very helpful to us and as accomodating as they can be. Our work schedules are odd and so housekeeping has been excellent about cleaning our room as soon as we call to request it. This has made this tough time a bit easier for us.

There is a breakfast area in the main lobby. Each morning there are biscuits & gravy, bagels, bread for toast, muffins, cereal, milk, juices, yogurt, and there is also a waffle maker. The food is decent.

Our room is quite spacious. It has an extraordinarily comfortable king bed and a nice size flat screen TV. There is also a mini fridge and microwave. The first night we were in a full size double bed room in which the beds were terribly hard. I'm certain to inspect every bed that we sleep in at a hotel. The linens are very clean and I have had no worries of bugs.

I have felt very safe staying at this hotel. It is right in town next to a grocery store and behind Taco bell. Seems like most of the other guests are in the area working for Nissan.

All in all this is by far the best hotel in town.

Room Tip: If you can, ask for a King room.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
JamesonDecherd, Manager at Quality Inn Decherd, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Marathon, Florida
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We recently just got flooded out of our home and have been forced to live here for nearly 2 weeks. They have been so good to us during this time. The manager and staff as well as housekeeping have bent over backwards to make our stay as easy as possible. Working around our work schedules and everything that they don't really have to do. This is by far the best hotel in Franklin County and offers a nice little breakfast of a morning. The rooms are modest with nice flat screen LG tv's. The first night we stayed in a room with 2 full size beds that were just horrible. Those beds should be outlawed they were so hard. The rest of the time we have been in a king size bedroom and im telling you now, I want this bed!!! We done ripped the sheets off to see what kind it was and find out its a Jamesinn Bed. broke my heart a little seeing as how it is the most comfortable I have ever been. Very safe as well, you won't find yourself wondering about your safety here as opposed to other locations in town.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jhw349
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This is a hotel in a small town in Tenn. There are no big attractions and we were there for a family reunion. So I would not expect the same of a hotel in a more metropolitan area. The room was mostly clean. I touched the top cover and my hand began to itch and sting so I immediately washed my hand and took that cover off the bed. The bedding otherwise was clean and the bed itself slept wonderfully. The wifi was spotty, but you could get it if you found just the right way to hold your device. There is a grocery store and fast food within walking distance.

Room Tip: We were in a room with a king sized bed.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank GA2go
georgia
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I booked 2 rooms for our family of 4. We also had friends book a room as well. When making our reservations I informed the clerk we were there for a 3 pm funeral on Saturday and asked if I could have a late check out. The clerk advised me not a problem. Well Saturday morning came and they started calling our room at 11 which was the checkout time telling us we needed to leave. The manager said we could not stay any later. I was at the local Walmart getting unbrellas for the funeral because it was pouring. I had to rush back to the room and couldnt get a shower or anything because I "had" to check out. I understand If they had a booked hotel but there were plenty of vacancies for that evening. I inquired in case we were going to stay an extra day. I feel the manager could have been a little more flexible or at least give me an additional 30 minutes to get a shower and get dressed. I would choose another hotel if I ever go back in the future.

• Stayed May 2012
Corbin, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Room was decent but the beds were small and very uncomfortable. Also be aware that their Wifi only works if your room is close to the office. I called to ask if they even had Wifi and the desk clerk acted like I was idiot and said it was working fine. My iphone, ipad and laptop was detecting Wifi from all the surrounding businesses but could not pick up anything at the motel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Decherd hotels

Cookeville, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 June 2011

My wife already wrote a review but i will put my input as well. i stayed at this hotel with my wife, a friend and my small son. we were in for a softball tournament. on our way back up to our room we witnessed one of the employees cursing at another employee who couldnt have been any older than 18, we felt so sorry for the young girl, like my wife said it wasnt professional for the hotel at all. However we do applaud that young girl for acting with manners, she came and apologized for the way her fellow coworker acted while she was helping us with the key card to our room. i wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone, it was a very bad expericence and especially for my son to hear those foul words from that woman. also the towels and wash rags had alot of stains.

Room Tip: Read reviews from former guests!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank 1dadandhusband
living4now, General Manager at Quality Inn Decherd, responded to this review, 15 June 2011
I appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I apologize for the inappropriate behavior exhibited by the staff member. I was informed of the situation as it was unfolding and the associate who was being abusive to the younger girl is no longer with our company. I have readdressed with each staff member the importance of professionalism at all times while on property. I hope you will choose to stay with us again as the scene you witnessed is not the norm or accepted behavior at any Jameson property, including mine. Thank you again for your time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Decherd
Best Western Inn
#1 of 6 in Monteagle
Hampton Inn Tullahoma
Hampton Inn Tullahoma
#1 of 6 in Tullahoma

Been to Quality Inn Decherd? Share your experiences!