“Nice Hotel”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Dickson
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel April 9 and 10th. We checked in just before noon on the 9th with no wait. We were welcomed by a couple of the staff as we entered the front door which was nice. The hotel was clean as was the room. The morning breakfast had a good selection. The hot food was hot and the cold food was cold.
This hotel is located near I-40 and many restaurants.
The price of the hotel was reasonable and the location was perfect for us. We would stay at this hotel again when we are in the Dickson area.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the end of the hallway away from elevators and vending machines.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed on our trip through the south. This was a pleasant surprise, had planned on staying around Bowling Green, KY but was a beautiful day so kept driving. Dumb, but was very happy to find this place outside the hustle & bustle of Nashville. It. Is quiet, convenient to I40 and many restaurants. Able to walk to Ruby Tuesday, absolutely hate getting back in the car after driving all day. The night clerk was friendly and helpful. Breakfast left a little to be asked for but adequate. Had sausage and sausage gravy but no biscuits. Coffee was good. All in all for the price ( we had a coupon) we were happy. Shower was strong and bed and pillows comfy. Would return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
jvhospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear tmterir:

Glad you enjoyed our amenities and your stay. We look forward to seeing you in your travels back through our area.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Nice, clean affordable hotel. Friendly staff and very important it is pet friendly. Plenty of restaurants in the area and close to I-40. Would definitely stay here again. Hot tub would be nice and breakfast room can get busy but basic offerings were good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
jvhospitality, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Tim S,

I am glad your stay with my hotel was good. I look forward to accommodating you in your travels back through our area.

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Trucker so stay at many hotels. Was very pleased with this one. Clean comfortable big tv. Great shower. Reasonable price. Room 124. People nice but don't bother you which I love. Will stay here again. Bobtail parking on street. Allowed my pets.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Avcderek,

Reviewed 27 January 2014

After recently having a house fire,we stayed at the Comfort Inn of Dickson,TN for 11 days (before moving to another hotel)...We are a family of eight people (including 3 children)...We stayed on the 3rd floor in rooms 303,305 and 306. Upon arrival the refrigerator in room 305 was completely frozen and had not been defrosted in a very long time. We had to defrost it with a hair dryer because they were not able to replace it (we needed a place to stay after having a house fire,we did NOT come to be the hotels maintenance workers!) The hair dryer in room 303 does not work properly and with the way it sparks it is more like a handheld nuclear reactor!...Also,the chair in room 303 was broken (which I discovered after almost breaking my neck) and though we asked for it to be replaced it didn't happen until about five days later when the woman at the front desk gave us another broken chair...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Also,we have a four-year-old child and we were quite concerned with the fact that the window in room 305 had a 4 foot long x 3 foot wide crack...this is very dangerous! We complained to the front desk about the window but they said that they were not able to do anything...I had to go to Lowe's and buy a roll of Gorilla Glue Tape to put over the crack in the window because Comfort Inn of Dickson,TN refuses to fix any of their problems! Had the crack in the window ever given way and the pane fallen through,and a child fallowed the pane out the window three stories down,you would have had to have given a judge one hell of a story!!! The front desk did reimburse us for the tape but this incident should have never happened in the first place. Also,the entertainment center in room 303 was in very poor shape. The bottom baseboard kept falling off and there were nails sticking out of it so I had to tape around it...VERY POOR MAINTENANCE!!!!! Also,the pool has food floating in the bottom of it and the temperature is kept at around 72 degrees...very,very cold! It would not hurt you to keep it at 82 degrees like most pools are suppose to be! I don't know who the owner of this hotel is but he seriously needs to make some MAJOR upgrades...Also,another horrible experience at your unaccommodating hotel is the staff you keep for breakfast...In particular Kathy (I thinks that's her name;short with glasses)...........This woman is rude!!!!! She is extremely PHONY....As I mentioned earlier,we have eight (8) people in are family so getting breakfast for everyone takes a little time...we like our privacy so we ate in our rooms...This is the very unpleasant encounter I had with your breakfast attendant Kathy: One morning I was coming out of the breakfast room with my hands full of breakfast items heading toward the elevator to go upstairs...as I'm standing there,I here Kathy say to the young man at the front desk that I (me) look like "Dudley"...I don't know if that was some sort of derogatory remark made towards me or what it was,but as my Father was heading outside through the front entrance,he overheard Kathy telling the young man at the front desk that I was taking to much food and she was talking behind my back about me..This woman needs to be FIRED!!!...Is this why $2,400 was spent on this hotel?!?!?! The overall stay at the Discomfort Inn of Dickson,TN was horrible...I would not recommend it to anyone,but I do recommend that you make the changes that this hotel desperately needs! We will not be staying again!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel...The Hampton Inn looks much nicer!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Michael B,

I am sincerely apologatic that your had horrible experience at my hotel. Me and my staff knew when you stayed with us and were hoping you would have gave us chance to correct our mistakes. We truly take great pride in our service, cleanliness, and have very high staff standards. I cannot take your prior experience back but I would like to make it up to you. Please contact me at the hotel or via email and would personally like to apologize to you and go from there.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

The hotel was very nice and clean. The staff allowed our children to stay I the pool a little longer to wear down their energy after being in the car so long. They really cater to you and make you feel at home no request seemed to much to ask for. This hotel is right off the exit with easy on and off access to the interstate. Kevin is definitely an asset to the company very friendly. The little lady in the breakfast room was a little over friendly, but breakfast had a great selection of hot and cold items. We will definitely stay here again next year.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
jvhospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for your recent with us and we are glad to hear your stay was great. I will pass the message regarding Kevin. We hope to see you back on your travel back in our area.

Jay

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I had planned on my stopping point being in Nashville, however due to a football game everything was either booked or overpriced. I was really surprised by this exit (172). There a many different restraunts both fast food and nicer places like Logans steakhouse. This hotel was reaaly nice and I felt really safe in this area. The staff was really great from check in to check out. I would recommend this stop when going west. It is just close enough to get on through the busy traffic of nashville and be in a less hetic enviroment with everything you need. I will stay at this property again

Room Tip: Request room on second floor. The view is great.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Ariel P,

Glad your experience was great and we look forward to serving you each and everytime back in our area.