“Very Clean Hotel Helpful Staff”

Hampton Inn Dyersburg
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Dyersburg
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very Clean Hotel Helpful Staff”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The Hampton Inn is the only place I stay when I go to Dyersburg. I appreciate the clean duvet cover that is changed between guests, and the staff is very helpful and personable. I LOVE the pillows!!! The staff was helpful regarding restaurant recommendations in this small town.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton43, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dyersburg, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Donna,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly want our guest to have a positive experience and love hearing about their visit.
Please visit again when in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Harrisonburg, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel has always been my choice of hotels in this town. However, since my last visit, the property has really become run down. I was greatly disappointed that my room smelled badly of smoke/mold. Friendly staff switched my room, but the tub didn't drain in the 2nd room. Lobby, pool, breakfast all acceptable. Staff is great.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Dear David S,
We are in the process of doing renovations and apologize that you were in a smoking room. We will no longer offer smoking room when our renovation is completed. We are also doing over the bathrooms, converting many to walkin access only.
Thank you for your review.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night at this hotel while traveling for business. I checked in around 8pm and the front desk attendant assigned me a room on the second floor. I let her know when I made my reservation I requested one on the first floor since there was not an elevator.
She stated the first floor was entirely full. I let her know I was traveling on business and between my luggage and several boxes of business materials, taking the stairs was not an option. Eventually she offered the only room left on the first floor, a handicapped room. Unfortunately the rooms on the first floor are "smoking" but I had no other choice. The room either had not been used in a while or needed to be better cleaned- when I turned on the water & it hit the floor of the shower a layer of black stuff appeared (dust or something). The chair was stained and based upon how
my socks looked the carpet was really dirty. The positives about this hotel is the staff was friendly, the lobby was updated and nicely appointed, and they offer a hot breakfast. Since staying at this hotel I've talked with others that stayed here several years ago and they said at that time the hotel staff advised they were in the process of installing an elevator...so, I guess I'll believe it once it actually happens.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear STLSTEPH34,
I am sorry we were unable to accommodate your initial request. We indeed have the elevator in the works. The shaft and mechanical housing is being completed. We are also in the process of doping a major update to the hotel.
Our hotel is normally very clean and no issues with any plumbing. The city may have ran backflow test and created the black that game out when you first turned on the water .
I truly hope you will try again in the future and thanks for choosing the Hampton Inn
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Half of first floor is smoking. Top floor is all non-smoking but there is no elevator so non-smokers have to lug stuff up the stairs. The stairways and hallway are not air conditioned and they can were hot, stuffy and musty. This makes the staircase particularly difficult when you have to lug suitcases up and down. This was my second stay at this hotel. The first time I must have gotten a room on the first floor as I don’t remember the issues with the staircase. I also don't recall the strong smoke smell at the end of the first floor, perhaps my room was closer to the front desk.

As others have mentioned, the hotel is going through a slow remodel. The breakfast area has been redone but the area where the food is set out is very tight and difficult to walk around. The center island impacts flow.The need for additional updates was very evident in our room. There was a big stain on the sofa (6” diameter) in my room. The bathtub had old, moldy tiles. the AC worked well but I could never get it to shut off, even when put in auto mode. The remodel will include an elevator and a complete redo of the rooms. After the remodel the hotel will be non-smoking. I look forward to staying here after those changes. I just hope the prices don’t go up too much.

Room Tip: No good rooms until the remodel is complete - unless you are a smoker!
Green Features: I asked about recycling and was told to just throw all my items in the trash. Apparenlty they have a service that comes around and sorts everything out later.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
tina_christian, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dyersburg, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear AGOINGGAL,
Thank you for your review. We are excited about the renovation and the elevator. As with all things it does take time to have permits, approvals and merchandise to arrive. We currently have 6 rooms out of 60 and they are at the end of the first floor. When renovations are done that will change to all nonsmoking.
I do apologize for your a/c, the new units are energy efficient and the fan will continue to blow to keep air circulating. I will have the housekeeping dept. check for needed stain removal on sofa.
We do hope you will visit again,
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I arrived late at night, after many long hours of traveling for business. I was having trouble finding my information for check-in, and the front desk person at this Hampton was one of the kindest, most patient, and most professional people I have ever met. I cannot overrate the treatment I received here. I travel a lot (so have much data) and I was absolutely heartened and humbled by this level of sincere commitment to assisting a tired traveler. Highest of recommendations.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

tina_christian, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dyersburg, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Melissa G.,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I will be sharing it with the staff and I'm sure it will make their day. Please visit us again. We are so excited to let you know our elevator has now begun installation and upcoming renovations are in the very near future. We picked out the décor Saturday and it will be amazing.
Thanks again for recognizing the service.
Central MO
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We have stayed in lots of Hampton's, but this one is Hampton gone wrong. The price we paid here was a little lower than the average we have paid for Hampton, but here is why. The building has poor parking. Lots of cars were parked in the fire lane, so thankfully there was no fire while we were there. Our room had a horrible odor. It smelled like someone took cheap hairspray and coated the room with it. My husband had a headache and clogged sinuses during our entire stay. A partial remodel was done at some point, but the maroon wall lamps, forest green carpet, and other outdated decor that should have been replaced, wasn't. There is no elevator in the building either. I'm sure adding an elevator would require a building addition, but spending a bit more and updating the building to the standards of other Hampton's would have served the company well. We have long equated the Hampton name with a good quality stay, but this one didn't meet the usual standards. The staff was pleasant as you always find in Hampton, but I would still have to tell you to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ozark_hillbilly
Dear Ozark_hillbilly,
We do understand that our hotel has begun to show its age and that compared to some other properties that have been updated it might be disappointing. We are in the process of installing the elevator and the décor has been selected for the rooms.
Our hotel does what they can to provide clean rooms, friendly service and be efficient. You did not mention if you called the front desk about your room odor or what room number it was.
We appreciate your response and travel safe for the future.
Satellite Beach
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed there along with other family members after my father's passing. We found the facilities clean, well maintained and quiet. Convo entirely located to gas, shopping and restaurants.

The staff were great and we'll definitely return.

Stayed August 2013
Dear jnjewlz,
Thank you for sending in such a sweet response. We are always glad to hear about our guests visits. I hope your family is doing well after your loss. Travel safe and please come again in the future and experience our updates.
Tina M. Christian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dyersburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dyersburg
#2 of 3 in Ripley
Days Inn Dyersburg
Days Inn Dyersburg
#2 of 6 in Dyersburg

Been to Hampton Inn Dyersburg? Share your experiences!