“Nice, but could be better”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in East Ridge
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at 4 different Marriotts on our trip from michigan to Florida and this was our least favorite. Pool area was littered with dirty towels and no clean towels. Front desk said there was no more clean towels so I had to go to my room and get bath towels for my family. We appreciated that pool was open late. Hot tub wasn't working and that is what we most look forward to after driving 10 hours. Room was nice. Fridge and microwave always good. Wish there was a freezer for my ice packs. Bathroom was spacious. Water pressure on shower was below expectations. But shower was pretty and clean. Breakfast disappointed. Waffle maker had long line (7am) and wasn't working properly. Waffles tasted like cardboard. Eggs were the worst powdered eggs of all our hotels. Biscuits and gravy were a nice change. Lots of bagels, bread, muffins and oatmeal.
Nice hotel, just didn't live up to all the other hotel experiences we had this trip. Staff at checkout was a very nice gentleman.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank MichiganMom82
Sonya M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for sharing about your stay with us! I am sorry for the issues you experienced. That is certainly not our standard and I will be taking extra steps here to make sure that we have plently of clean pool towels, a working spa, and tasty waffles. It is our desire for your stay to be enjoyable and stress-free. Thank you for the positive comments about our staff and breakfast variety. We hope you choose to stay with us next time you visit Chattanooga! Please feel free to contact me to discuss any other issues you experinced so that I can take the steps to correct any other issues that you may have experinced.
Thank You!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Very pleasant greeting by the front desk clerk. Room clean and spacious, excellent maid service. The Free "continental breakfast" was one of the finest, including: waffles, eggs, sausage gravy, cereals, muffins, bagels. The breakfast room was clean and the attendant great. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We drove to Florida and stopped half way in Chattanooga to spend the night. I did a lot of research on hotels and found this property that met our standards, and we were not disappointed. The price was great for the stay. The room was so clean The bed was comfortable and everything in the room worked well!! We were given a handicap room on the first floor and I thought that would be a problem, but the bathroom was so big and was clean and we loved it. There was a bright light outside of our room, but when I closed the curtains they had, no light at all. Just overall great and comfortable accommodations. The front desk person, Kim, I believe, was the most pleasant and delightfully "southern"in her conversations with us. She was great and so friendly. Hope the manager knows what a jewel she is. We will be back. You cannot miss with this hotel. Don't miss this place, folks. Thanks again.

Room Tip: If you like a bigger bathroom and they have them available, ask for a handicap room. I did not ask...
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here a couple of times, and have always been pleased. As a hotel manager I am always observing customer service. This crew knows customer service! The young lady working the desk Thursday and Friday evening was so pleasantly helpful. I wish I could remember her name. She is a standout, but everyone here is friendly. Our room was larger this time then in the past, which was perfect as we had our young granddaughter visit for awhile. I would recommend this property because of proximity to the highway, its clean spacious rooms, and most importantly the friendly smiles!! Thanks Fairfield Inn!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Fairfield Inns are our choice for reliable and comfortable accommodations. This one near Chattanooga was no exception. The rooms were impeccably clean and the bed comfortable. This is a quiet hotel far enough away from distracting traffic noise. The hot breakfast was better than usual. The housekeeping supervisor went out of her way to ask us about our stay. This is a very friendly establishment.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I hesitated picking East Ridge because I always stay in Chattanooga. I am so glad I decided on this location. I even got bonus Marriott Points for this stay. This was one of the cleanest largest rooms I have had for the Fairfield in awhile. The staff was outstanding. I had Mexican Dinner down the street. The room was quiet and peaceful. The breakfast in the morning was fresh and bountiful.

Room Tip: I was right in front of the elevator room 311.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I requested a handicap room. The room was extremely well designed and especially the bathroom. The staff was as perfect as the room. I am a Marriott Gold Elite Member and this Fairfield was one of the best.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Ridge
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga - East Ridge
Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga
10 mi away
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Chattanooga I-24 West, TN
Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge? Share your experiences!