“Nice stopover between Florida and Ohio”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in East Ridge
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My family stopped here for one night during our drive home from Florida to Ohio. The staff was very friendly and offered assistance multiple times. The room was clean and comfortable with big soft beds – very welcome after many hours in the car.

The breakfast that was included was better than other hotels I stayed in recently and included scrambles eggs, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, fruit, waffles, hardboiled eggs, bread/toast, assorted cereals, milk, apple and orange juice, coffee and tea.

The indoor pool was a welcome sight to my kids, though we arrived too late in the evening to use it. We did manage a quick swim before checkout and the water was a nice temperature. I just wish I’d had time to sit in the hot tub as well before we had to hit the road.

The hotel itself is right off of I-75 and easily accessible. It is right across the street from a Cracker Barrel and there was also fast food nearby. Gas stations were also at this exit as well which is right at the Tennessee/Georgia border.

I was pleased with my stay and would stay here again given the opportunity.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Need2TravelMuchMore
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here on a stop over on our drive from Ontario to Florida. Easy on-off I-75 right on the border of Tennessee and Georgia. While you can get lower rates elsewhere the consistency of this Marriott chain makes the upgrade worth it. Breakfast included helps reduce the nightly cost. If you like Cracker Barrel, and I'm not a fan, there is one right across the street.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sonya M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

We appreciate your great feedback about your stay! Your encouraging words are what keep our staff offering great service and accommodations to all of our guests. We hope to see you again on your next stop through Chattanooga!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Our opinion is that with this Fairfield Inn you receive what Goldilocks was looking for. The accommodations are comfortable and clean, the staff is friendly and helpful, there are sit down and fast-food restaurants very close by, the interstate is less than a mile away, and we were able to have a very good night's sleep without fear or concern for our safety. As far as the rate goes: we feel we easily received our money's worth.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank barbarah510
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I recently stayed at the fairfield inn and suites in east point, tn. We had driven about 600 miles and were tired. The hotel is in a good location. The room was very clean. I took a shower and got surprised to find the softest towels. The young lady working the desk was extremely helpful. She was accommodating in giving us suggestions for late meal ideas. She also set up reservation for the return trip. My little girl enjoyed the indoor pool.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My friend and I stayed here for one night because we were taking our state board exams nearby the next day. This hotel is NOT worth what they charge per night. First, it's located in what seems to be a shady part of town.. A lot of random people walking around in front of the hotel and the main road. Second, we were very excited about getting to relax in the pool but after dipping our legs in we smelled something malodorous. The pool water smelled like a wet dog! Next, we asked for a toothbrush from the front desk and opened the package to find what looked like black mold all over it. Also, one of the pillows had a big dark drown stain on it (looks like a urine stain). Finally, a big selling point of the hotel was the free breakfast but it doesn't start until 7. As a Marriott rewards member, I am very displeased with this hotel and would rather pay $70 more to stay at a nicer hotel downtown.

• Stayed: April 2014
Sonya M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for the comments about your recent stay. I am very sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. We are located next to another hotel and nearby restaurants that are walking distance that many people go to. I am shocked to hear about the stained pillow and odor in the pool area. We take a lot of pride in offering top notch service and accommodations, and it sounds like we didn't even met our own expectations. And the toothbrush you mentioned is certainly not our sandard. We do provide pre-pasted toothbrushes, so they are usually covered in a green paste. Did you report these items to the front desk? We would have corrected them immediately. Your satisfaction is our top priority. I will be looking into these items and make corrections to ensure our future guests are 100% satisfied.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Everything was pretty much what you'd expect to find at a Fairfield Inn. Everything was clean and staff were friendly. Our stay through the week was very quiet and problem free. Having the same basic offerings for breakfast 5 mornings in a row was a little boring but kept me from over eating. There is fantastic Greek Italian restaurant named Portifinos within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan K
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I chose to come to Chatagonago as a relaxing baby moon vacation. We splurged and got the room with the big tub! (So worth it!)
The room was nice and clean, bed is comfortable. We did bring our own pillows from home, and I am glad! The front desk service was wonderful. When we checked in Friday night, the man made us feel so welcome.
Pool was a nice temperature. Husband complained about hot tub jets not working. (Luckily we had the garden tub).
My only complaint is the breakfast. I was not impressed when the lady was talking about how stressed she was with microwaving everything. I don't expect a 5 star breakfast, but I wish she would not have been sharing her bitterness. Luckily there is a Cracker barrel across the street. . .

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
#46 of 96 in Chattanooga
Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
Best Western Plus Arbour Inn & Suites
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge? Share your experiences!