“New, Clean Fairfield Inn”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in East Ridge
Harrisburg, North Carolina
“New, Clean Fairfield Inn”
Reviewed 13 January 2009

This is a clean property that is convenient to both Interstates (75 and 24) and close enough to downtown,

It is located near a Cracker Barrel with several other restaurants within a short distance, but it is far enough from the Interstate that noise is not a factor.

The staff was friendly and helped me find a FedEx Kinkos nearby

While I in no way felt un-secure, please note that there is a non-chain hotel located just down the street from the Marriott with a lot of pedestrian traffic back and forth to the restaurants and convenience stores nearby. I don't think safety is an issue, but would recommend that single travelers have a car as opposed to walking to the nearby restaurants,

Overall, a refreshing experience for a road warrior. I will stay at this property again.

• Liked — Clean, Modern Rooms
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Tennessee
Reviewed 14 October 2008

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of our stay at this hotel, is service. We had great service from the time we walked through the door until we packed our luggage in the trunk of the car.

Of special note was the desk clerk Clyde. He accomodated a special need we had and acted as a great ambassdor for the city by offering sound, accurate and helpful advice. Would definitely stay here again.

And for anyone who enjoys antiquing - there are 5 or 6 antique stores / malls within easy and safe walking distance of the front door. There was also a Cracker Barrell restaurant within walking distance as well.

Two thumbs up...well in our case it was eight thumbs up. Thanks Fairfield.

• Liked — Customer Service
  • Disliked — Not located in the nicest of neighborhoods.
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank zpddodah
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 6 May 2008

What a wonderful hotel! It is only a year old and still looks brand new. I booked the king suite with seperate living room and it was only $99. That is the best hotel deal I have found in a long time. I travel on a regular basis and wish all mid range hotels were this nice. The linens were soft., pillows wonderful and mattress was very comfortable. Also, it was very quiet. Loved the iPod dock with speakers and the 2nd TV. Even the bathroom was nice and clean. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning to stay in the Chattanooga area. There is even a Cracker Barrell across the street tht you can walk to.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
TN
Reviewed 18 April 2008

I went to Chattanooga with my mother to take her shopping and go on a train excursion. After checking the reviews here first, I decided on this particular hotel. I was pleasantly surprised at the location (it was 5 miles from Hamilton Place) and was very happy with our room. Our room was extra clean and comfortable. It was relatively peaceful considering the hotel was mostly full. I only woke up a couple of times from noise in the hallway.

I used my Marriot Rewards to book this room. I've had some trouble in the past redeeming free nights, but the staff here were excellent and extra friendly. The breakfast area was a really good size (most are so small you have to fight for a table) and the food available was acceptable. The woman in charge of restocking was a bit overbearing, though, like she wanted to make sure you didn't eat too much or take much with you.

One word of warning, the coffee was AWFUL. There's something about the water there that makes it taste really off. If you want good coffee, take some bottled water and brew it in your room.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Not the nicest area of town
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
alabama
Reviewed 4 January 2008

We stopped off for a night here on the way to Gatlinburg. We had a King suite with sofa bed. Great room, excellent business work station downstairs; large breakfast area; extremely clean, and the front desk people were some of the nicest we have encountered. My daughter loved the i-home docking station for her i-pod. I would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Staff; cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
florida
Reviewed 21 October 2007

We stayed two nights. It's new and very clean. It's close to I-75 We could not hear any traffic noise... nice and quiet. They even had fresh baked cookies in the afternoon for the guests. Coffee was also available anytime. In the mornings you could make your own waffles! I would certainly recommend this place and would stay again next time we are traveling in that area. Very pleasant and comfortable!

• Liked — clean , clean , clean and close to I-75 without the noise
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 17 July 2007

This is a new hotel and was very clean when we checked in. Staff/management was friendly throughout our entire stay. On our last day there, the elevators were broken and there was another guest at the front desk complaining about having to bring his suitcase down 3 flights of steps (which I had just done only I had 1 suitcase, 1 backpack, my purse and a 4 year old carrying her rolling backpack so I had no sympathy for this guy because it was really no big deal!) and the manager said that, if the guest would just call him, he would be happy to come up to the room and help him with his suitcase. Breakfast in the morning was good and plentyful and, although we didn't use it, there was a "pantry' in the lobby that was stocked with all kinds of things from drinks to candy and frozen sandwiches and first aid supplies. I'm sure there was a charge for this stuff but I don't know what it was. The pool was nice and clean with plenty of extra towels. Good location...easy access to 75 and 24. Lots of places to eat close by from Cracker Barrell and Shoney's to a wide variety of fast food places. Check in and check out were simple and easy. Bed was real comfortable but the pillows were too soft for my liking but that is just personal preference. Room was clean and had everything we needed. We'll go back!

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
#44 of 97 in Chattanooga
Best Western Plus Arbour Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
Hampton Inn Chattanooga West/Lookout Mountain

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge? Share your experiences!