“Wow! Awesome staff at Fairfield Inn!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in East Ridge
Reviewed 25 March 2009

We were treated like Kings and Queens. When we got there our room was upgraded to a suite for FREE. It was nice clean and comfortable and we will stay there again. Because of our stay there we are going to NYC and staying at another Fairfield hoping for the same experience. Breakfast was GREAT with waffles you cook and clean and organized!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge

Reviewed 5 March 2009

We stayed here on the way home from Disneyworld. We checked in without difficulty and everything went very smoothly. The hotel appears to be very nice and new. I should have known something was up when opened the door to the room there is a mirror on the wall and it looked like there was lotion dripping down the mirror. We took the kids down to the pool and there was feces on the pool deck. I cleaned it up and told the front desk they might want to get the are disinfected. We saw no one in the 30 minutes we were there. We were getting into bed and my 10 year old said look at this mommy and there was blood all over the sheets and blanket. I called down to the front desk and they sent up another blanket, no sheets, and handed it to me. I showed them the blanket and the girl did apologize, but that was it...My husband started looking around a little closer and there were candy wrappers, no big deal really, and a child's pacifier under one bed. Makes me wonder if the housekeeping is really doing it's job. The breakfast was a mess the next morning. I really don't expect too much at these breakfasts but the trash cans were overflowing and all the milk was sour. To the hotels defense the person that manages the breakfast called in sick. I am not sure I would stay here again. I may try again if I needed to because it does look like it it maintained fairly well. We might have just hit a bad day. The room and bathrooms are large.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2009

My family and I stayed here on our way to Florida. We used my Marriott Rewards Points. this hotel is very nice, new, and clean. There was nothing to report negative. The breakfast in the morning was top notch and free. We will stay here again in the future. Our request for connecting rooms due to having children was honored without trouble. Front desk was also very pleasant and accomodating.

Great Job!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2009

This is a clean property that is convenient to both Interstates (75 and 24) and close enough to downtown,

It is located near a Cracker Barrel with several other restaurants within a short distance, but it is far enough from the Interstate that noise is not a factor.

The staff was friendly and helped me find a FedEx Kinkos nearby

While I in no way felt un-secure, please note that there is a non-chain hotel located just down the street from the Marriott with a lot of pedestrian traffic back and forth to the restaurants and convenience stores nearby. I don't think safety is an issue, but would recommend that single travelers have a car as opposed to walking to the nearby restaurants,

Overall, a refreshing experience for a road warrior. I will stay at this property again.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 14 October 2008

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of our stay at this hotel, is service. We had great service from the time we walked through the door until we packed our luggage in the trunk of the car.

Of special note was the desk clerk Clyde. He accomodated a special need we had and acted as a great ambassdor for the city by offering sound, accurate and helpful advice. Would definitely stay here again.

And for anyone who enjoys antiquing - there are 5 or 6 antique stores / malls within easy and safe walking distance of the front door. There was also a Cracker Barrell restaurant within walking distance as well.

Two thumbs up...well in our case it was eight thumbs up. Thanks Fairfield.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank zpddodah
Reviewed 6 May 2008

What a wonderful hotel! It is only a year old and still looks brand new. I booked the king suite with seperate living room and it was only $99. That is the best hotel deal I have found in a long time. I travel on a regular basis and wish all mid range hotels were this nice. The linens were soft., pillows wonderful and mattress was very comfortable. Also, it was very quiet. Loved the iPod dock with speakers and the 2nd TV. Even the bathroom was nice and clean. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning to stay in the Chattanooga area. There is even a Cracker Barrell across the street tht you can walk to.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 18 April 2008

I went to Chattanooga with my mother to take her shopping and go on a train excursion. After checking the reviews here first, I decided on this particular hotel. I was pleasantly surprised at the location (it was 5 miles from Hamilton Place) and was very happy with our room. Our room was extra clean and comfortable. It was relatively peaceful considering the hotel was mostly full. I only woke up a couple of times from noise in the hallway.

I used my Marriot Rewards to book this room. I've had some trouble in the past redeeming free nights, but the staff here were excellent and extra friendly. The breakfast area was a really good size (most are so small you have to fight for a table) and the food available was acceptable. The woman in charge of restocking was a bit overbearing, though, like she wanted to make sure you didn't eat too much or take much with you.

One word of warning, the coffee was AWFUL. There's something about the water there that makes it taste really off. If you want good coffee, take some bottled water and brew it in your room.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
#46 of 96 in Chattanooga
Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
Best Western Plus Arbour Inn & Suites
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge? Share your experiences!