“Mediocre”
Review of Waffle House

Waffle House
Ranked #48 of 79 Restaurants in Elizabethton
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went here this morning. Our server was also helping cook so it was a bit of time before we were served. Got our drinks. My decaf was old and lukewarm. They were, I think, too busy to give me a refill until I was ready to leave. I ordered the all star breakfast with scrambled egg whites and a waffle. The waffle was paper thin and the egg whites were almost 1 egg white. Not a good experience!

Reviewed 20 May 2018

We were told after waiting for 20 minutes in a packed house that they were "too busy" to take our order.

Not sure if this was a new hire or what, but another server said, "Aren't you going to take their order?!" and right in front of us the server said no, we're too busy right now.

We won't be back.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We stopped here yesterday for a quick breakfast after a medical visit. My wife and I chose to wait for breakfast until after the medical visit. It was worth the wait. Our orders were just right. The eggs I ordered were both fluffy and cheesy, the biscuits were fluffy, soft, and flaky with gravy that had just the right amount of pepper spice, the bacon was perfectly cooked to well done, crispy, thin, and flat. Our white toast was buttered just right, while still holding up its toasty crispness. The hash browns were cooked to perfection, crispy brown outside while soft and white inside. A great breakfast at a fair price.

The waitress kept our drinks full while keeping a smile on her face. Great food and service with a smile. I would put our Waffle House up against any other.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

Thank someone for putting Elizabethton on Trip advisor. It is the best, cheapest, Fresh, just made meal you can get in this town. They have fifteen meals with the drink for five dollar's, The staff is always trying to help you, sometimes you may have to wait on a seat but it is worth it. All the cooks are good but if Maurice is cooking just ask for the fluffy eggs and scattered hash browns. This is a gem in the woods.