“First and last time visit here...” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelers Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Travelers Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Elizabethton
Upstate, SC
“First and last time visit here...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

We had to stay overnight for a family event. The desk clerk was hardly friendly, nor speak clearly. I had to ask him to repeat himself numerous times because he mumbles. I didn't expect four star service, but being the only hotel in town, I guess quality and customer service doesn't rank high on their list. The sign on the counter "No Refunds after 30 min." should have been a clear indicator this was probably just a "no-tell motel."

The room itself was just a place to sleep and shower. It had a funny smell and was hardly sanitary. I was afraid to even think about how clean the beds were. It was either this or sleep in my car. Sigh. I didn't feel very safe here. I slept with my .9mm Glock on the nightstand. The vent/fan in the bathroom was torn out, leaving a gaping hole in the ceiling. We were only given two towels each (my mom and I). With two women, the more towels the better. The floor was scary. I didn't even want to walk barefoot. The telephone still had a Days Inn decal on it and looked like it hadn't been clean since 1990.

The breakfast included dry cereal and two pots of coffee. We ended up driving down to McDonald's and getting breakfast.

Check-out was a breeze. Mom just handed the clerk our room cards and he didn't say "Thank you" or whatever. Nice.

Next time, I might check out the local B&Bs..

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephanie H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cambridge City, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Finally making it into TN on our trip we stopped in late at night. We had the room rented for a week we was scared walking into this room just looking at the Hotel. Then wow amazed that this place can stay open the room was dirty sheets was unbearable. We decided to just stay seeing how late it was.. Worst decision I've made the next morning the sunlight showed even more areas that was just sickening. Then the guest clerk tried to say we would have to pay still for the rest of the week POOR SERVICE! I would STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: If there is a Good Room
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Emily L

Travellers are raving about these Elizabethton hotels

Salisbury, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

I had to go to a funeral nearby, so I rolled the dice and got a room. After unpacking, I went to the sink to wash my hands and noticed that there was a soap dispenser, (instead of soap or mini soap) kinda like the dispensers one might find in a fine truckstop bathroom. I was almost expecting to find a condom machine in the room. After inspecting the soap dispenser abit closer, I noticed that there was a roach in the liquid soap, inside the dispenser. The linen had cigarette burns and the lampshades were dry rotted, falling apart. The red carpet had what looked like blood, grease or asphalt tar ground in. At this point, I started looking around for chalk outlines of people, prior murder-scene evidence or anything to explain the disgusting carpet. The bathroom tile ( the tile that hadn't been pounded inward a half an inch) was molded and there was a rubber mat inside the tub that was, at one time at least, white, but now a speckled coffee ground stain color. I slept with my wallet under my pillow, hoping that marauding roaches wouldn't pilfer my cash. The internet did not work and the continental breakfast was a cup of batter and access to a waffle iron. Didn't brave the coffee. If you have a death wish, I recommend that you stay here at least once. Bring your own soap, linen, pillows, tub, lamp and food...

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Bob Z
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I have stayed here a few times with my mom while visiting and during tornados or storms there is a pool and a Krystal restaurant nearby as well as a Pizza Hut and Fatz. They have a breakfast and it includes biscuits and gravy, cereal and waffles. There is usually mix put out in plastic cups like at Travelodge to make the waffles. The rooms are set up wiith a large sink and vanity in the room in addition to a bathroom. There is wifi which is accessible from rooms close to the office, if you're not in a room close to the office the wifi doesn't usually work. Overall I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Get a first floor room.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank aryan122
Lexington, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

We were visiting relatives in Elizabethton and decided to stay in this hotel because it was closer to their house. (Last time we went we stayed in Johnson City) We walked in and the room smelled awful. The beds were extremely uncomfy and it was like the bed was too big for the frame. If you sat on the side of the mattress it bent down and you about fell on the floor. The fridge leaked like crazy. The bathroom fixtures were coming out of the wall and there was some mold. It was not clean. Their hot breakfast was coffee and cereal. They did have a waffle maker but there was no mix to put in it. This place was awful. We were supposed to stay 3 nights but we left after the first night. We did get our money back for the nights we didn't stay. We stayed at the Best Western in Johnson City for less money then this hotel and the Best Western was amazing.
My daughter hated this place. There was nothing for her to do at all. The room wasn't even big enough for her to run around in and play.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank amello9667
Durham, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2009

I have family in Elizabethton and I visit about 3 times a year. I prefer sleeping on the couch when I stay with them but when I have a friend with me we'll stay 3 or 4 blocks away at the Travelers Inn. We've been doing this sinse it was The Days Inn - when it used to be a fairly decent place to lay your head. Those days are long gone.

Things have just gotten worse with each stay. Last year at Christmas I had the same room I had this year at Christmas. Last year I saw that the lampshade next to the mirror over the desk was cracked and big pieces were missing. They've had a year to replace that lampshade and it's _still_ cracked and more big chunks are missing. Were they too busy to go down to Wal*Mart around the corner and buy a $4 lamp shade?

In the past I've overlooked the scratchy towels, the flat pillows, the rusty refrigerator and the drunk rednecks fighting in the parking lot outside my room at 3 am because I figured I'm only there for a couple of nights and I am literally only there to sleep and shower. It's also very convenient to get to the family and there is only one other equally crappy place to stay in town (Americourt) but it's out on the highway.

But I will never stay at the Travelers Inn again.

This time I noticed (in addition to everything mentioned above) spots on the sheets that were very, very thin, almost transparent in odd places on the sheet and I couldn't figure out how that happened. I went to get ice from the rusting, ancient ice maker and saw that the rusting, ancient vending machine was completely empty except for 2 items (pretzels and cheese crackers). I saw the rusting, ancient washer and drier was out of order. When I tried to shower I noticed the water wasn't draining and I stood in water up to my ankles. I noticed the popcorn ceiling disintergrating in places. I saw the weatherstripping had worn away or fallen off around the door to the room, letting in cold air. I noticed the fire emergency information was in a plastic page protector sleeve scotch-taped to the door. I just saw too much neglect!

I didn't expect a 5 star luxury experience, I just wanted a clean, well maintained room to call my own for a few hours a day.

Do yourselves a favor - skip this horror show and stay somewhere in Johnson City even if your business is in Elizabethton.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Dgtl1
ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2009

We stayed in march of 2009 for the bristol race..nothing worked microwave was broken fridge froze all our food we could not turn down the temperature as the temperature know was broken off.
sinks leaked on the floor as there were holes in the pipes. wen we complained at the desk (all three days we stayed) the owner said "oh well there is nothing that he could do his exact words were "If you dont like it dont come back.. the second day we were there, we knew we were in trouble when we witnessed many guests that were lined up in the lobby to complaine and then a sign went up in the lobby that read "no refunds"
real nice after taking almost $600 for a three night stay.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank bristolbound
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabethton
Americourt Hotel
Red Roof Inn Johnson City
Red Roof Inn Johnson City
#8 of 19 in Johnson City
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johnson City

Been to Travelers Inn? Share your experiences!