“Ok for the price”
Review of Americourt Hotel

Americourt Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Elizabethton
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The room was large, and acceptable for the price. There was some loose wall paper, but the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was small but there was plenty of very hot water which is rare these days. The staff was friendly and there were plenty of options for breakfast, though I would have preferred to have some fruit.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Ben H, General Manager at Americourt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

First off wanted to Thank you for choosing our Americourt Brand! I have been in the Americourt name for a little over a year now but just made the move from the Kingsport, TN property to Elizabethton and I Love Love the potential. I think we as a whole company and our Property are improving everyday I'm proud to be a part of our name. Thank you for your review and giving us some helpful keys to the future. I hope you get a chance to stay with the Americourt Hotels again.

Thanks
Ben

Reviewed 24 May 2012

We made reservations at this hotel to stay while working at a nearby festival. As soon as we checked in (after 8pm) I stood in the room for about 5 mins and decided I would drive as far as I had to to find a decent room to stay in. This place was filthy, disgusting and scary. The other people staying there and hanging out in the parking lot was enough to make me want to leave. We drove to Johnson City to stay and I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Sandy A
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Stayed here 1 night. Dust, filth, they used some kind of spray to mask nasty odor, inwhich made both my husband & I got sick. No alarm clock in room inwhich they stated there was. Quoted one price, then @ check out time another higher price was quoted. Husband got that gouging price fixed quickly. JUST KEEP GOING!!!. Desk clerk stated " We all just hired 4 new maids" I said FIRE THEM!! We went to the Johnson City, Tn. Red Roof Inn & the room was clean & finally got a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: We intend to call Board of Health when we arrive home. This places is literally a DUMP!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 123newyorkstate
Reviewed 1 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here during the Bristol race recently and were so COMPLETELY disappointed. What a dump. Wore out, filthy, WAY over priced hole. The sheets did not fit the king size bed, the wore out mattress pad was for a full size bed and the sheets were so thin that you could see the mattress color (it being dingy blue). I used two cans of Lysol trying to somewhat disinfect the place. We surely would have not stayed here if prior reviews have stated such. I always read trip adviser reviews but my husband was in charge of this reservation this time and read reviews from other sites. After the race we traveled back over to Boone and stayed there at the Marriott. It was spotless and $100 dollars cheaper a night. It is well worth driving from Boone if you are looking for lodging to drive to Bristol.
I say again......DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nannamiller
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I stayed here twice as part of a group of three before and after backpacking the nearby section of the Appalachian trail.
The rooms were neat, clean and comfortable. They were equipped with a small safe and refrigerator. The hallways were mainly clean, but they needed a vacuuming in the corners with an edging tool.
The breakfast was standard fare. The biscuits and white gravy were pretty good.
The staff was friendly and prompt. Wi-fi was available in the lobby only. It was a good stay at a fair rate and I'd use them again.

Room Tip: They do have smoking and non-smoking rooms, so be sure to specify what you want.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel while renovating our vacation home at Watauga Lake. We had a non smoklng suite and I was amazed at the space and quaint furnishings. It is definitely dated, but clean. The price cannot be beat. Breakfast was fair.

• Stayed: September 2011

Thank you for reviewing us in the past I am the new manager in our Americourt Family and wanted to say thanks for your response. I'm glad you chose us while renovating! We are always doing renovations and we are concerned with your evaluation of our property. Thank you for choosing Americourt and hopefully we can serve you in the future!

Reviewed 14 May 2011

Hotel needs updating and a DEEP cleaning!
Nice breakfast.
Only hotel in town...so choices are limited!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank litlejjjk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabethton
Red Roof Inn Johnson City
#7 of 19 in Johnson City
Econo Lodge Bristol
Econo Lodge Bristol
#7 of 13 in Bristol

Been to Americourt Hotel? Share your experiences!