“Great burgers love their rolls”
Review of Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon - CLOSED

Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Nice decor menu similar to most chain steak house with other bar menu items. Much like road house restaurants. My wife and I really enjoyed the mushroom and Swiss burger cook just right on a toasted bun. Loved their hot rolls.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stopped in for dinner on Memorial Day, 2013. They were not busy, but not dead either. Maybe just short-staffed. It took awhile for the waitress to get our drink order, and it took so long for her to bring the drinks (waters), we almost left. We did have plenty of time to study the menu, though.
We decided to give them a chance, and I ordered a Fajita chicken salad, and my wife ordered a soup, salad, baked sweet potato combo. Guess we should have ordered steak, because it really took a long time for our food to arrive.
My salad was very generous, but the grilled chicken on my salad was cold and not very tender-I'm used to hot and tender grilled chicken on a salad, even at a fast food place.
The first salad my wife got had the dressing on it, not on the side, and there was so much dressing the salad was not edible. The second salad had the dressing on the side and was better. Her loaded baked potato soup was very salty, and her baked sweet potato was smothered with butter and sugar.
We had been here some time ago and seemed to recall it was ok, but after this visit I doubt we will be back anytime soon. Sorry.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We were there with a group, and there was no co-ordination AT ALL!!! At least half of the entries had to go back for being either over or under cooked. Some were done and having desert, while others were waiting for their salad. Some entries were missing their side dishes, and others were just wrong - with substitutions made without asking.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

The new menu has some great options, the last steak I orders was outstanding. Service was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Ate here for Mothers Day. The steak is tastier and cooked better than Outback, the salad crispy and potato very good. The service very efficient. Clean and friendly. Not sure what people expect, but I am happy to have a reliable steak restaurant in Elizabethton. Will go back for sure.