“friendly staff”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Erwin
Palmyra
“friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

The staff was very friendly and the room was super clean. The only draw back we found was the smell...we had a non-smoking room but it had a smell. However, we bought some spray and took care of it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tucson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

Needed a simple but comfortable place to stay, the staff is very helpful, and understanding as their primary clientele seems to be AT hikers. Rooms are simple, basic and quiet. Easy to get to from Uncle Johnny's, and Erwin is genuinely a cute place for a stay over. The hotel partners with a shuttle service if you need rides, but you will need one to get to and from.
Don't hesitate to make it your stop. Especially when it's raining buckets in TN, which seems like every day.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Paulden, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

Moved over from the Holiday Inn and the rooms were here are just as nice as there. Everything is very clean and well maintained as were the grounds around the building. A lot of hikers stay here so the occupancy rate is a lot higher than it would appear to the casual observer.

I was on my way to the post office with one of those Priority boxes and the owner called out from across the the lot and gave me a ride to the PO, going out of his way to do so. You can tell he takes pride in his business.

I would definitely stay here if in the area again.

Trail name. "Two Stix"

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Two-Stix
Central NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

I spent 5 days at Super 8 Erwin; what a wonderful experience! The host owners are super helpful and on-site 24/7, the facilities are clean and top notch, the rooms spacious and a great deal, and I felt very welcomed during my long hiker R&R stay. I highly recommend this Super 8 for individuals, families, and commercial travelers. Right off the Interstate but a quiet location nonetheless; can't be more central to town amenities. I was glad to be able to give a great rating for my first-ever motel/hotel review.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite to the Interstate would be quieter and out of the direct sun.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank K F
Edgewater
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

My wife and I have been going to the Erwin Super 8 for many years to see the fall change of colors, and have always had very nice and clean room. The owner and his wife have worked hard for many years, and have always received the Super 8 award of excellence.

They are about to start a refurbishing program in order to maintain there excellent customer
satisfaction level.

The only problen I have ever noticed is that their location just does not seem to be in an area where people end their driving day. They could use your support, you will not be sorry for stopping.

Colors along I-26 north of Asheville to Erwin are at Peak NOW, 10-19-2012

Stan the Plumber.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stanley B
Cherokee, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

I planned a trip to Bristol Motorspeedway for August 25th only. I could not find a motel that would take my reservation for one night only. We decided to take our chances. When we got to Erwin, TN, we stopped at a Holiday Inn Express and found that they were full. Our next stop was the Super 8 motel. I went in and asked if they had vacancies and they said YES. I snapped it right up. We looked at the room and we were delighted. It was very clean and very nice. That night after the race we were so happy to get to that room. Thank you Super 8 Erwin for a very enjoyable stay even though it was only one night. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy D
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

I would like to thank the owners/managers for their hospitality and respect towards me as a customer. They were very nice and considerate when my family and I were in and out of our room. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable; having all the neccessary items needed while away from home. I would reccommend Super 8 Hotel to all my family and friends

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Carrie D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erwin
Mountain Inn & Suites
Red Roof Inn Johnson City
Red Roof Inn Johnson City
#8 of 19 in Johnson City
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johnson City

Been to Super 8 Erwin? Share your experiences!