“Decent hotel”

Americas Best Value Inn Fayetteville
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Fayetteville
“Decent hotel”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

No issues. Clean. Bed, TV, Bathroom and AC all fine. Quiet, Comfortable. Will stay again. Not the Ritz but perfectly fine for a smaller town. Only thing is they won't open the pool to save money but it's just a pool in a parking lot anyway.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
fayette16, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Fayetteville, responded to this review, 17 March 2015
Dear Hebert B,

On behalf of the staff of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to thank you for your honest feedback in April 2014. Sorry for taking so long to respond. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean and quiet rooms at affordable prices. We hope to see you again on your next visit in the Fayetteville area.

Vivek-manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Fayetteville, TN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stay in this hotel was horrible, terrible smells, heavy dust, very noisy and broken down furniture. If you decide to make this hotel your accommodations for a night or however long make sure you bring along disinfectants, towels and beddings. I've never experienced such horrific conditions.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank 421dlm
Dear 421dlm,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us from 2013. Sorry I did not respond sooner. We are the new ownership since 2013. We have been hiring and training new housekeepers in an effort to improve our facilities. We hope that these changes will improve the overall experience for our future guests.

Vivek-manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Fayetteville, TN

Travellers are raving about these Fayetteville hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This is pretty gross...I've also stayed at the Best Western in town. My recommendation would be to stay at the Best Western. Perk of Americas Best Value - cheap, downside - everything else. Not very clean, breakfast was gross, rooms open to the outside (not in a hallway) so doesn't feel as safe. overall I would avoid this place.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ladybug1986
fayette16, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn Fayetteville, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
I apoligize that your stay with us was not what you expected. The motel is under new ownership and we are starting our renovation process. I can assure you that if you choose to stay with us in the future, your accomadations will be far more than what you expected. Once again as the owner of the property, i apologize and hope to see you again.

-Fayette16
Orange Beach, Alabama
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Based on the previous review (Qwyn64 March 2, 2013), it's hard to believe that we stayed at the same motel. On the good side, I enjoyed a quiet and comfortable night's rest. However, on the other hand...

When I arrived and went into the lobby to check in, the clerk slid a registration form across the counter and said "You need to fill this out". No "welcome", no "good afternoon", no smile.

When I got the to the room, the key card wouldn't work. Walked back over to the office, where the clerk had already prepared two more cards. Walked back to the room. Neither of those cards worked either. Walked back to the office. The clerk prepared two more cards, and came with me to the room. Strike 3 - those didn't work either. He concluded "the lock must be broken".

He apologized and gave me another room, which was clean and odor-free. The refrigerator and microwave were nice amenities, and they worked well. But there were several shortcomings that justify a poor rating. See my photos.

When I first entered the room, the temperature inside was stifling, I turned on the A/C, and one hour later the temperature had finally dropped to 80°. There's no information card or motel layout in the room. OK, back to the lobby to find out where the ice machine is.

The only place to open suitcase is on the bed or the floor. The room is actually quite large - certainly big enough for a simple folding luggage rack (or five!). The decor is a bit bleak. One long mustard-colored wall is totally barren, save for the air conditioner at the far end. One of the nightstand lamps didn't work.

The bathroom door handle dangled by one screw; toilet bowl bolts were uncapped; the bath towel was torn, the bathtub had dried adhesive residue from old non-slip appliques; there were watermark stains on the living room ceiling; and the entrance door security chain was missing.

Connecting to the Internet was cumbersome. I figured out a "trick" after five minutes. And the speed is clearly slower than typical broadband DSL or cable service. The chair seatback cushion was ripped on top.

Outside my door, cigarette butts littered the stairwell. What appeared to be coffee stains soiled the painted concrete walkway. Although the average Fayetteville daytime high throughout August is 90°, the pool was closed. In fact,, it was completely drained.

There's a very good and inexpensive Mexican restaurant "La Fuente", one mile north of the motel. The complimentary breakfast was a bit skimpy, but the coffee was real good. Checkout was friendly, quick, and uneventful.

All in all, this location has a LONG way to go before approaching a "Best Value". Sadly, the fixes it needs to make it even an average value seem relatively easy and inexpensive. Tighten loose door handles, replace a burned out light bulb, push on a pair of toilet bowl bolt caps, sweep the stairs, and hose off the sidewalk.

When guests arrive, give them a friendly greeting. Show them where their rooms are located, and explain where the services are. Doesn't cost a dime more.

And for cyrin' out loud, either open the swimming pool or make note that it's closed on the motel website. If somebody calls to make reservations, be damn sure to tell them it's closed before booking. Customers who subsequently find out they were deceived are unlikely to return or recommend.
//////

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
New Britain, CT
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Just stayed here for two nights and was very satisfied. Not many choices in this charming little town, but Anita gladly showed me a room before I committed to book. Nothing high tech, but free HBO, refrigerator and microwave, coffee maker in room, and a little breakfast included (breads, pastries, cereals). Absolutely no odor of must or mildew, which was my concern. Very clean. Outdoor pool which, of course, was closed at this time of year. I highly recommend staying here. Thank you Anita and family, and congratulations again to the young man who just had a baby girl!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Qwyn64
abvifayetteville1, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Fayetteville, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear Qwyn64,

On behalf of the staff and management of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to personally thank you for sharing a review with us. As you may know, we are now under new ownership. I will pass along your well wishes to Andy and his new child!

Diana-GM
Fireball92771
Reviewed 4 September 2012 via mobile

My husband and I checked in Sept 1, 2012...it was one of the only vacancies we could find in the area. The hotel was old but very clean. The ice machine worked and was located at the front of the hotel in ovbious view. Myonly complaint with our room was that the sink was completely clogged. The water my husband ranto wash his hands was still there the next morning when we left. You just can tell me that the cleaning staff didnt notice such a thing. FYI it is very annoying to try and brush yor teeth in the tub...my husband abandoned the task of shaving for the day. With the exception of our sink, this hotel would certainly earn the for stars I gave it.

• Stayed September 2012
fayette16, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Fayetteville, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Dear fireball 92771,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. Please know that we have addressed the issue with the sink so that future guests are not inconvenienced. For your trouble, I would personally like to offer a 15% discount on a future stay. We hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you.

Andy-GM
Americas Best Value Inn- Fayetteville, TN
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Were in town for a weekend wedding and everything else was full. Just a basic motel, but it was clean and bed was fine. I am big into checking for signs of bugs and found no signs or bodies. Used the micro and refrigerator that was provided and the shower was good. In fact, we had a new tub and you could tell that our room was recently painted. For the price is was great....... As mentioned before, it was right in town and very close to food, liquor and shopping. Was hesitant before arriving, but would stay again under similiar circumstances. Don't think they have an Omni in Fayettville. LOL

Room Tip: Out king room, number 121 felt larger and brighter then other family member's rooms. I did not...