“Clean, newer and reasonable $”

Days Inn Franklin Nashville
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Franklin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

We needed a hotel only for one night since we were going to a nearby local winery & didnt want to do the hour drive home. We booked a non smoking room. We were given a smoking room. It smelled horrible, cigarette burns, no security lock. I made my husband take our printed confirmation and go back down. The clerk said when you book online it doesn't guarantee what you get when you get there. She gave my husband another room but said she didn't know if it was clean or what it looked like. She also said it was the last room and our last option. The room was a NS and appeared to have been serviced in that the beds were made, trash emptied, paper good restocked, etc. But there was urine in the toilet!! My husband flushed it with his foot before I could get a picture. I wanted to leave but it was late and only one night and he was afraid they'd charge us a cancellation fee. So we made do. The room was filthy. Stained carpets. Carpets looked unvacuumed so I never took my shoes off. Dust and thick cobwebs on the lamps. Mold in shower. Bathroom floors had dirt build-up and didn't look mopped. Furniture was banged up and old. The door had black all over like dirty hands had frequently opened it. Only one key worked both rooms ahe gave us. The outside corridors were full of old tv's as they were replacing tvs but really needed to replace furniture. There was old carpet and debris piled up on the side of the building (not by dumpster). There was some crazy loud questionable people walking around hooting and hollaring. Definitely didn't feel safe and secured door immediately. I took pictures and sent a complaint to Days Inn. I got the complimentary "thank you we will handle it" reply and the GM did call me. This hotel charges $79/night but is more like a $39/night motel. Do not stop here. There are plenty of other hotels in the area. Several other better looking hotels in the area.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple