“Mildew and Mold Smell”

Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Franklin
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Mildew and Mold Smell”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We booked this hotel room for one night. When we arrived, we walked into our room and immediately it smelled of mildew and mold. I asked the front desk to move us to a different room. They had one room available. That room too had a strong odor of urine. Would not recommend this hotel. Not good for anyone with breathing or lung problems.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank neveragain472
abvifranklintn, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn Franklin/Spring Hill, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry you found an unpleasant odor in our hotel. While we satisfy hundreds of guests each month, we understand that not everyone will be satisfied. Still, we strive for the goal of 100 percent satisfaction. I sincerely apologize that you were not pleased with your stay. We hope you will reconsider and try us again in the future.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Oh My! I didn't have high expectations for this stay anyway, my rate was only $56 and I was hardly there in my three days. First thing I noticed was blood on my bathroom door. Yikes. The towels were a bit worn and the lady at the front desk didn't acknowledge me instead she was watching TV and then another gentleman pointed something out on the security camera. I could have cared less to see the TV or camera incident since I just misplaced my key and left my boyfriend waiting at the door. All in all i didn't expect much, the location was good for us, near a few restaurants. Just go into it knowing you're not booking a 5-star hotel and you'll be fine.

Oh, our housekeeper was super nice as well as the houseman.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry if any maintenance or housekeeping issues detracted from your stay. We believe we provide a good combination of value, comfort and amenities. I’m also very sorry that our desk clerk was less than attentive. This has been addressed. We strive for 100 percent customer satisfaction and obviously fell short in your case.

Hotel Manager.
Hermitage, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Front desk personnel and cleaning crew were very nice and helpful. Rooms are basic, but kept clean. Good value for the money. Not a bad place to stay a night or two. On down side, regular sheet not fitted one on mattress. Box springs on both beds frayed at edges, small rips in spots.

• Stayed March 2014
Global
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Reviewers who slag off this place don't seem to take into account that it is almost certainly the cheapest option in Franklin. The decor is somewhat dated and certainly not stylish and a few fittings are a little wobbly but the rooms were very clean, wifi worked OK and a basic breakfast was included (annoyingly using polystyrene plates, cups etc and butter from a squeezy bottle - so much waste - but that seems common to other places and even cheaper restaurants throughout the area so isn't a complaint specific to this motel). Rooms are large (two double beds) with good hot shower, basic toiletries provided, piles of towels - essentially all things necessary for a basic sleep and all for US$45.

For us the most positive aspect was Lucy - the very friendly manager who seemed to work 25 hours a day yet never failed to be courteous, helpful and friendly. She really deserves a pay rise!

In terms of location the motel is handy for the I65 motorway but a bad choice if you don't have a vehicle (as you might predict). The walk to downtown Franklin takes the best part of an hour and oddly the bridge across the motorway has no walkway whatever so cars pass dangerously closely. The pleasant 'country-style' chain restaurant/store called 'Crakerbarrel' is about the only eatery within walking distance from the motel that doesn't involve crossing that nasty bridge and Crackerbarrel doesn't serve any alcoholic drinks. The motel itself doesn't have a restaurant and the breakfast room is closed from 9an to 6am leaving only a vending machine which has a tendency to stick.

If you have a car, head to downtown Franklin, about three miles away, where there are some contrastingly delightful eateries. On a Thursday night you'd be well advised to book a table at Pukkets Country Store in Leipers Fork (8 miles west) where there's a truly fabulous open mic night for singer-songwriters arguably better than any of the better known places in Nashville (even the Bluebird).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed at this motel November 23-25, 2013 with a special and very economical rate. When I made my reservation, I requested a microwave and mini-fridge. Both were present at no additional cost in the room that I was given. With a smoking room, as requested, the smell was strong, but expected. The room was immaculately clean; the mattresses,sheets and towels seemed new; and they provided soap, shampoo and tissues. They room was made up after the first night. TV did not include HBO, but had all the channels that I would have wanted. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

All in all this was a wonderful experience, especially for the nightly special rate.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
husspatel, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Franklin/Spring Hill, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear vineyridge,

On behalf of the staff of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to personally thank you for sharing a review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms and microfridges. We have also recently updated our rooms with new paint and removed wallpaper. All of our king rooms have 32 inch flat screen TV's. We hope that you stay with us again in the future.

Huss-Manager
Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I am writing this review from the Ramada just a bit down the road. We booked a room via Expedia at an extended stay hotel but when we arrived we were told they were overbooked. After 25 minutes on the phone with an Expedia rebooking agent, they offered us a room at this hotel. We were told the only difference was that this hotel had only a microwave and a fridge (not the full kitchenette our original booking had promised). We were also told that this hotel was more expensive than our original booking, but that Expedia would cover the difference.

The room we were given was disgusting! The rate on the door was $60 a night, so if you're paying more, you're getting ripped off. The hallways, stairwell and the room reeked of years of cigarette smoke. The wallpaper was falling off the walls. The carpet looked as if it had stretched after being soaked. The furniture was stained. We didn't even bother to look at the sheets -- we were too afraid of what we might find. The pool wasn't filled to a customary level for swimming (it had approx. 2 ft of water in the 3 ft end.) There was a microwave sitting on top of a fridge. This was not in any way, shape or form comparable to the extended stay hotel we had booked.

It was so bad that we couldn't stay for even one night, let alone the 3 we had booked for.

The only good news is that we found a room ourselves at the Ramada and Expedia refunded our money.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Empress9999
husspatel, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Franklin/Spring Hill, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Empress9999,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us. I am sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations during your stay with us in September. Over the last few months, we addressed several issues, including the ones you brought to our attention. We hope that you will give our newly refreshed and freshly painted rooms another chance.

Huss-General Manager
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I was very disappointed in the cleanliness of our room. Also, the bathroom left something to be desired. I cleaned the toilet as soon as we got our bags in and looked around. The sofa was filthy and torn on one arm. The continental breakfast offerings was so bad, we checked out and went to a close by restaurant to eat. While the price of the room was good, I would have preferred to pay a little more for a better kept hotel. This will be my initial stay at an America's Best Value Inn and my last one I am sorry to say.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
husspatel, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Franklin/Spring Hill, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Joyce,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. I am disappointing that we fell short of your expectations. Over the last few months, we have addressed several issues, including the ones you brought to our attention. We hope you will give our newly refreshed and freshly painted guest rooms another chance.

Huss-General Manager