“Startesd poor, finished well”

Franklin Marriott Cool Springs
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Franklin
Davenport, Iowa
“Startesd poor, finished well”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Seems late check-ins don't go smooth. Was greated as a Gold member, wasn't told our keys worked in the concierge lounge, no hard soap in the room. All was corrected the next morning, rest of stay was smooth. Room was we expect from Marriotts. The front desk people were very helpful and friendly. Nice workout space and bar. Grounds were beautifully landscaped. Walking distance to restaurants.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dmarkiowa
Jim K, General Manager at Franklin Marriott Cool Springs, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Dmarkiowa-

Thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott family of hotels as a Gold Elite guest and appreciate you selecting our hotel for your stay in Franklin. Would enjoy hearing from you and get the details on the day/time of your arrival so I could research your check in challenges. Sorry we did not inform you about access and the location of the concierge lounge on the 10th floor which is available for our Gold/Platinum Marriott rewards guests. Thank you for the kind words about the service and hotel amenities that you enjoyed and hope to see you again. I can be reached at 615-261-6101 or email at jim.keller@franklinmarriott.com. Thanks you being our guest.

Jim Keller, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I decided to take my wife away for the night and reserved the romanti night package. This includes a nights stay, breakfast for two the next morning, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries brought to our room. When we arrived everything seemed fine, "Dense" at the front desk was great, very helpful and extremely nice. However when we got to our room we noticed we did not have a fridge (which we needed for the strawberries and champagne). We made a request for a different room and as a comprise they offered to bring a fridge up to us. I explained we would be out of our room for about 30 minutes so they could just come in drop off the fridge, extra towels, strawberrys and champagne. The lady I spoke to on the phone stated that would be fine. My wife and I went down to the bar and had a beer then went back to the room. As we got to our room a cart with our champagne and strawberries was sitting outside. We opened the door; picked up the tray and under the tray was a nasty spotted table cloth (it appeared very dirty). We went in the room and got a call from the front desk stating the people with the fridge have been knocking and we were not answering. I stated we just got back to our room and they could bring it right up. It took another 30 minutes to get the fridge and another 30 to get our extra towels and pillows. As we started to toast our evening together we picked up the champagne glasses they gave us and they were sticky and had spots all over them (come on a little attention to detail goes along way). Instead of saying anything my washed them in the sink. The rest of the night went fine. The next morning we went down for breakfast and waited 20 minutes to be seated (when there was plenty of seating). As we sat down she gave us menus and we did not see another person for 15 minutes. I finally got up and asked for coffee and water. The breakfast was pretty good but the restaurant staff seemed overwhelmed and short handed.

All in all it was an OK stay, we have stayed at this hotel 5 other times in the past 14 years and each time it got a little worse. The hotel is beginning to show its age as the walls in our room were scuffed up and there was a lot of dust on the tables and lamps, the mattress was very worn and it felt like we kept rolling to the middle. Some members of the staff were great, again "Dense" was very nice the first night and the next morning. My wife and I both agreed this hotel has lost its charm and we may not return in the future. It was kind of sad for us because we spent our first anniversary at this hotel and it was great...now 14 years later it doesn't even seem like the same place.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tnbuckeye24
Jim K, General Manager at Franklin Marriott Cool Springs, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Nathan W.

Thank you for being our guest and posting your feedback about your experience in our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you spending so many special occasions with us over the years. The hotel and its associates have not lost their charm and ability to make your moments memorable, we just did not execute flawlessly on this particular day and sincerely apologize for that.

We are certainly capable of delivering an oustanding experience, and hope you would give us another opportunity to host you. Thank you for complimenting Denise at the front desk and will make sure she sees your review. I would enjoy connecting with you, to discuss what transpired and gather details, and to make arrangements to get you back for a return visit. I see how special our hotel is to you and your wife, and hope that we can restore your confidence, and be your choice for memorable milestones in the future. Please reach out to me directly at 615-533-5921 or email at jim.keller@franklinmarriott.com

Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you. Jim Keller General Manager
Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed a couple of nights at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs outside of Nashville for business. The hotel is in a good location (very close to the Courtyard as well). Staff was wonderful and helpful; ample parking. The room was clean but a bit on the older side and a bit smaller than I am used to for a full service Marriott. I have been at both this Marriott and the courtyard down the street and the updated courtyard is a bit more comfortable than this Marriott.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the higher floors.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jim K, General Manager at Franklin Marriott Cool Springs, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Cttraveling07 -

I appreciate you staying with us while traveling on business to Franklin. Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor. Recommending a high floor to other travelers is perfect to capture the beautiful views of the rolling hills and scenic vistas in our area. We are proud of the team of hospitality professionals ready to host you and appreciate you recognizing them. Thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott family of hotels. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Jim Keller - General Manager
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

This weekend was our first time staying at this particular hotel in the Nashville area. As a platinum member and huge fan of Marriott properties, this hotel was a HUGE disappointment! Prior to arriving, I called to confirm my two rooms for the weekend and thirty minutes later, I received a call from the hotel asking if I could give up one of my rooms?! I was shocked and stunned to say the least! I spoke with the manager upon checking in and she just said they were sold out and trying to find rooms--that usually platinum members book more than room and do not need it--I responded back that even after I had just confirmed the rooms--lack of communication! She did not offer an apology-- We had breakfast downstairs the next morning and had to wait 10 minutes before being seated and then another 20 minutes to receive any drinks (I had to go and find someone to ask for coffee and water). That day we departed our rooms at 9am and returned at 3pm to find that neither room had been cleaned (after seeing the cleaning service 4 rooms away when we left for the day). I called and asked if there was a problem and was told that they could clean later that night?! I told them just to bring new towels and take out trash--terrible service! Upon checking out today, we searched everywhere for a cart and was told that the hotel with 250+ rooms only had one cart!? really? A bellman was nowhere to be seen outside or inside at checkin or checkout! I realize that the hotel was crowded this weekend but that is truly no excuse when you have the Marriott name on your door! Clearly, the local management needs new leadership in order to get this hotel up to the Marriott standards. We will not be staying at this hotel again because there are much better choices in the Nashville/Franklin area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lindsay R
Jim K, General Manager at Franklin Marriott Cool Springs, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Lindsay R -

Thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott family of hotels as a Platinum Elite Marriott rewards guest and posting feedback regarding your stay on Trip Advisor. An apology is certainly in order and am so sorry your experience in our hotel was not outstanding. I have much work to do to restore your confidence and trust in our hotel and staff and hope that you will reach out to me directly so i may research, understand, explain, and resolve your challenges. You can reach me at jim.keller@franklinmarriott.com or office direct at 615-261-6101. Regards, Jim Keller General Manager
Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

First of all we arrived at the hotel 1 hour after we were supposed to be able to check in and were told our room hadn't been cleaned yet, then when we did get to go to our room the first thing I did was kill a spider, which the room was dusty so I guess it only gets used when the hotel is full. And our room ended up being a double queen (which were so small my wife and I couldn't even sleep comfortably in one), even though I had asked to have 1 king room and the staff said sorry we're sold out and that I was never guaranteed that. Our experience was no better than a Super 8, Marriott does'nt even leave a extra roll of tp in the bathroom. Needless to say we were highly disappointed for what we paid.

• Stayed March 2014
Jim K, General Manager at Franklin Marriott Cool Springs, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear 2ilbears -

Thank you for staying with us this past weekend during the Family Life conference at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs. We value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. So sorry room was not perfect and you did not get the room type you requested. We have many requests during this conference for king beds and do our best to accomodate all. If you could reach out to me directly I would like to know room # so I can follow up and cleanliness and spider concerns. I can be reached at 615-261-6101 or email at jim.keller@franklinmarriott.com. I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Jim Keller - General Manager
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Appreciate front desk staff (Elizabeth and Billy) professional, attentive and courteous and helpful with our special accommodations. Room service should also be commended on late night snacks. Hotel close to great shopping and restaurants. Will return for the next concert!

Room Tip: Very comfortable beds, great window views
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Laurie c
Thank your for recognizing Elizabeth and Billie Ray two associates on our stellar guest service team! Joe Varnell, our Guest Services Manager, has selected and inspired a outstanding team of hospitality professionals who execute the Marriott brand promise flawlessly, by hosting our guests brilliantly each day. So glad your stay was exceptional and we look forward to seeing you again. Regards, Jim Keller General Manager
Lenoir City, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Conference facilities are very nice with lots of room. Parking is exceptional. Staff is happy and polite. Though it was too cold to use the outdoor area looks nice. I had the bad luck of a crying baby next door and dumpsters being emptied early in the morning. But this could happen anywhere. The hotel is very good but the staff is excellent!

Green Features: They have very good environmentally responsible practices.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear John T -

Thank you for being a recent guest at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs for an event in the conference center and posting feedback about your experience on Trip Advisor. We take a great deal of pride in our hotel and the service we provide and appreciate you recognizing the excellence you experienced. Marriott's "Spririt to Preserve" program features so many green friendly guest initiatives in our hotel and so glad you found them to your liking. The weather is getting warmer and hope you will return and enjoy the outdoor patio for a dinner or hand crafted cocktail under the stars. Please contact me personally when I may be of service. Regards, Jim Keller General Manager