“Friendly Front Desk - Good Location, Great Sleep”

Franklin Marriott Cool Springs
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Franklin
tennessee
“Friendly Front Desk - Good Location, Great Sleep”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights over this past weekend. I was with a group but booked the room on my own (not within a group block of sleeping rooms). I arrived on Friday afternoon and had asked the front desk (Jeremy) to help connect that night's reservation with a friend's reservation (we were sharing a room Saturday night) for the next night so I would not have to change rooms after the first night. I also asked to also redeem Marriott points on site for the Friday night stay - which I have never requested ON SITE before. Jeremy let me know that I should call central reservations to use the points and get the confirmation number for him to use. He dialed the number and gave them my Marriott number and the dates, etc. If he had booked the room on site it would have cost an extra 5,000 points.
All in all Jeremy went out of his way to make all of this happen with a smile on his face and others waiting in line for check in. I never felt rushed and he provided great customer service.
I had breakfast both mornings in the restaurant. The first morning the service was excellent, quick and drink refills came before the current beverage was emptied - I had the breakfast buffet. My only feedback is I feel that they need to add pancakes, waffles or an omelet option for the $13.95 that they charge.
The second morning I went with a friend - we were seated immediately and had to wait a little while for a waitress. Once she came my friend ordered Diet Coke and was told they carry Pepsie would diet Pepside be okay - she said if you can bring a lime. She was gone a while and returned with a diet coke that she found in the back in a can along with the drink I ordered. My friend was happy! Instead of the breakfast buffet I ordered the crunchy french toast that I read about on the menu in our room. It was a large portion and was very good.
As part of the group we had a mexican buffet on Friday night and a plated Turkey, dressing, green beans, rolls and apple pie on Saturday for lunch. All of the food arrived hot, was replenished on the buffet as needed and overall for a large group the food was good.
I thought that the area was good for access to downtown, retail, the freeway, etc and would definitely stay here when I visit the area next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank twosassyk
Jim K, General Manager at Franklin Marriott Cool Springs, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Twosassyk -

Thank you for providing feedback about your experience at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you recognizing Jeremy as exceedingly helpful with check in and your Rewards points redemption on site. We value you loyalty as a Marriott rewards member to the Marriott family of hotels. We look forward to hosting you on your return visit to Franlin.

Thank you for being our guest. Jim Keller, General Manager 615-261-6101

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Chickamauga, Georgia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The Marriott was the site of a convention I attended this meeting. The lobby was welcoming And the convention area was laid out well. Our room was a decent size and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom had ample counter space and the shower head was great!! I did the stay for breakfast package, and the buffet had a good selection of food to choose from. It is easy to get to from I 65 and close to lots of restaurants and a mall.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tammy P
Jim K, General Manager at Franklin Marriott Cool Springs, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Tammy P -

Thank you for being our guest while attending an event in the Cool Springs Conference Center at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs. Glad you found Marriott's "Stay for Breakfast" a great value and enjoyed our breakfast buffet in Lorraine's restaurant. You can access this package at any of Marriott's full service hotels. Hope to see you back in Franklin and will stay with us again. If I may be of service to you in the future please dont hesitate to connect with me. Regards, Jim Keller General Manager
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our convention at this Franklin Marriott Cool Springs hotel. It is a great getaway place for a vacation. Everyone was so helpful and friendly. The restaurant had a really good breakfast buffet.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Melony R
Dear Melony R. -

Thank you for being our guest while attending a convention in the Cool Springs Conference Center at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs. Appreciate you sharing your experience with others by posting feedback on Trip Advisor. Chef's breakfast buffet is truly outstanding each morning and will make it a point to share your positive comments. We hope to see you again at another convention here in Franklin or maybe on a leisure trip to see beautiful downtown Franklin or Nashville. Thank you. Regards, Jim Keller - General ,Manager
North Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 June 2014

On May 21 and 22, 2014 I had the pleasure of staying, for the first time, at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs Hotel in Franklin, Tennessee. What a treat! Welcoming and comfortable with exceptionally warm and friendly staff, from the housekeepers to the bartender to the front desk. Yes, the front desk was memorable. I came back from an errand having registered at the hotel only an hour before, walked towards the front desk and was greeted with a "WELCOME BACK"...what a sweet and excellent way to greet me. That was Dakota. And then the very best of help from Nicole in finding a restaurant. I discussed what I was looking for and she called my room a short time after to give me her personal recommendations and those of the staff so that I had choices. Certainly the best personal attention in years! Happily recommend this hotel to anyone finding their way into the Nashville area. And kudos to Nicole and Dakota. Whoever hired them was well trained and found the rock stars in a competitive market. They deserve a bonus. I will bring them each flowers next time I come to Nashville. Insert BIG smile here. Had a wonderful conference, in part because of the terrific treatment at the Marriott. Jeff K. No. Andover, MA

Room Tip: Had a fine room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jeff K-

Many thanks for being our guest and posting your feedback on Trip Advisor. Appreciate you recognizing Dakota and Nicole for their outstanding service to you. I will make a point to personally recognize them on your behalf. We look forward to "Welcoming you back" during your next trip to Franklin/Nashville. Big smile! Regards, Jim Keller - General Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I came down to bring my nephew to a hockey camp, and the rooms were not ready when we came. It took a couple of hours to get a room (according to the staff, the guests did not check out early, so this caused problems). However the staff was very nice, and kept our bags in a locked door, and our cold food in a refrigerator while I took my nephew to his hockey events. The room was very nice and we enjoyed out stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank F W
Jim K, General Manager at Franklin Marriott Cool Springs, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear FW -

Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to post your experience at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs on Trip Advisor. Sorry about the wait for rooms and glad to hear the front desk team was making you comfortable. Joe Varnell, our Guest Services Manager, has assembled are outstanding team, all ready to deliver an exceptional stay for our guests. Hope to see you in Franklin at a future hockey tournament and you will consider us again as your hotel of choice. All the best. Regards, Jim Keller - General Manager
Mass
Reviewed 23 May 2014

As a loyal to and preferred Marriott customer - I am always happy to see a full service Marriott (not Residence or Courtyard) be up to date. I was on a business trip and again made to feel like I was staying for a week. Excellent location - out of the hustle and bustle of downtown Nashville but close enough to go enjoy the sites and sounds of the downtown. Wonderful and accommodating staff - service was very good. Grounds were were well kept, pool and workout areas were good. Business meeting details were well attended to by the staff. The food served for buffet was excellent - again service was very good. Friendly folks - earnest to serve - the bartender was working hard with a big crowd - but was attentive. Kudos - wish I got his name! No complaints - room was spacious and clean. Again the location in the suburb area was a nice treat - easy to get to and easy to get to the Nashville downtown! One complaint - what is with the small pillows??? Hate them .. lol

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear PilgrimBelle-

Many thanks for taking the time to post feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs. We value you loyalty to the Marriott family of hotels as a Marriott rewards guest and pleased to see your experience was exemplary. You describle Franklin beautifully away from the hustle and bustle of downtown but close enough and convenient to Nashville. Delighted to hear you found our team of talented serviice professionals to be friendly and masters of their craft! We hope to see you again soon. Please let me know if there is anything else I may do for you. All the best. Regards, Jim Keller - General Manager
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I am a Marriott platinum member and have stayed at Marriotts around the world. This property was chosen because of its location to soccer fields for a soccer tournament in nearby Brentwood. I booked my room at the "stay from breakfast" rate, but when I tried to eat breakfast on the first morning, the hotel and restaurant staff were not equipped to handle the number of guests staying there (largely for the soccer tournament). I waited for at least 15 minutes outside of the breakfast area without even being acknowledged, and then was treated rather rudely by staff in the breakfast area. On the second morning, the hotel decided to shut its breakfast service down early so it could set up for its Mother's Day brunch. No signage was posted announcing the early closure, and once again, I showed up with my daughter and was told that we could not eat there because it was closed. I was charged additionally for breakfast on the first day (which the hotel did correct upon my complaint about it), but given that the hotel was at capacity, I do not think the hotel had enough employees on staff to manage the large influence of guests. I did not find the staff particularly friendly, and quite frankly, the communication about the breakfast serving times was poor. While it may seem like a small detail, I structured my morning around getting my daughter to the breakfast area for food only to get poor service or no service at all.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kim B
Jim K, General Manager at Franklin Marriott Cool Springs, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Kim B -

Thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott family of hotels as a Platinum elite guest and appreciate you taking time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor. Our reputatioin has been built on providing outstanding service to our guests and am dissapointed that we did not exceed your expectations. I apogize that your stay was not exceptional and would like to connect with you and get further details so I can reseach and restore your confidence by explaining what transpired and resolving your concerns.

I can be reached by phone at 615-261-6101 or via email at jim.keller@franklinmarriott.com. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for being our guest.

Jim Keller, General Manager