“Best service I've had at a Marriott Property”

Franklin Marriott Cool Springs
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I've stayed here off and on over the past year for 8 weeks. As a Platinum Marriott member, I've seen my share of Marriott's over the years. I find all to be clean and tidy. And this one was no exception. Believe me, I check my room well and notice when things are not kept well. What sets the hotel apart is the staff.
In my humble and very well traveled opinion, this staff is the best I have encountered at all of the Marriott's I have stayed at. Not only was I treated and respected well as a Platinum member... I saw the staff treat others who were staying there for their first time very well also. My wife also traveled with me and she noticed the same things I noticed. Other hotel staffs would do well to visit this property and learn a thing or two from the Franklin Marriott hotel about respect, courtesy, and customer service.
Well done Ladies and Gentlemen! Well done!!!

1  Thank Braveheart_777

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Well, it IS a Marriott...
The good- spotlessly clean lobby, elevators, public areas, exceptionally friendly staff (platinum elite member, dont know if that affects the treatment). Very comfortable beds, linens and towels well above average.

There was some sort of area athletic event, with a couple of hundred teenage basketball players and families swarming the place (not their fault but not much fun for a business traveler)

The not-so-good- My room was very dusty, as if it had not been used in some time, Asked for a refigerator and microwave a week ahead of time (was told "no problem you are all set), only to find out "they have no microwaves" except one in the lobby "store" (Yes, I reeaaallly want to lug my leftovers 11 floors to the lobby and than carry my reheated wings 11 floors back to the room) and they "will get the fridge up" (which they did). I asked for extra coffee and supplies at 5 pm and had to call again at 4:30 the next morning (it was promptly delivered). They have a restaurant in the hotel (probably why there are no microwaves) that is overpriced and provides more ambiance than substance.
I can stay here and be relatively comfortable, but I think Marriott is missing their ususal mark with this location. I really did expect more from them in a place like Franklin.

Room Tip: Stay as high as you can
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Jim K, General Manager at Franklin Marriott Cool Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Number1Nolesfan:

Thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott family of hotels as a Platinum elite guest and appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs on Trip Advisor. I apologize that the correct information was not shared with you regarding microwaves. I am also sorry that we did not tell you that you could use the microwave in the conciege lounge on the 10th floor which would have been closer to your room. Please reach out to me directly so I can resolve your concerns and restore your confidence in our hotel. Please call 615-261-6101 or email at jim.keller@franklinmarriott.com Thank you for being our guest and I look forward to speaking with you. Regards, Jim Keller General Manager

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here in June for a conference. This was the second time staying here in about 7 years, and it was just as nice as I remembered. The bathrooms were nice and updated and the beds were comfortable. Bathrooms looked like they could have some grout work done around the tub.

I am also gluten free, so I was happy to hear that the hotel could be accommodating to my allergy will at the conference. Each meal was delicious, and I did not have to worry what I was eating!

Plan to be back in the future!

Dear Imp6224 -

Clean, comfortable, and accomodating is what we like to hear! Thank you for taking time to be our guest again and posting your feedback on Trip Advisor. As you have found, our Chef is at your service to make any of his dishes to our guests requirements. We look forward to your return visit. Thank you for being our guest.

Regards, Jim Keller General Manager

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed here 3 nights in June. The lobby-spotless, room-spacious, restaurants-delicious and meeting areas were all good. Friendly staff, clean rooms, adequate parking, what more could you ask for? This is the first time I've slept on a memory foam mattress; I slept very well but I'm not a fan of that type mattress. Since becoming a trip advisor member I try to look for suggestions for improvement along with positives. The one area I saw that needed improvement is the patio area that is also used as a smoking area. The patio was not swept or blown off the whole time we were there. It didn't look like anyone was responsible for cleaning that area. The chairs and tables didn't seem to get straightened up from the previous evening. Also I think it would be nice if part of it was designated for non-smokers since the area is so large. This is an older property but has been maintained very well. We've stayed here before and will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blgraves

Dear Blgraves:

Thank you for being our guest and posting comments about your experience at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs, just south of Nashville, on Trip Advisor. The smoking area is actually out in front of the hotel under the flag poles and apologize that we did not clean and maintain the patio in a timely fashion. It is a beaurtiful area and one that attracts diners, bar patrons, weddings, etc. and sounds like we dropped the ball this day. Would enjoy knowing the date of your stay so I can research our assignments. You had many nice things to say about our hotel and I thank you for that. We look forward to hosting you again. All the best. Jim Keller General Manager 615-261-6101 or jim.keller@franklinmarriott.com

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I travel to Nashville, TN often for work , and one of my go to hotels is this property. It is located just outside of Nashville in Franklin around several of my Client's Health Systems Corporate Headquarters. This hotel had actually been recommended by one of my Clients several years back, and I was very grateful for the recommendation! In my multiple stays here, I have found the hotel to deliver truly wonderful hospitality each time from check in to check out! As a Marriott Platinum Elite Guest I have always arrived to be upgraded to a Concierge Room Floor, and have always found my room to well appointed, super clean and comfortable! This hotel has mastered the routine taking care of customers by its employees and shows through out the hotel! As a major "Road Warrior" I have come to want a hotel chain that can truly be my home away from home, and allow me to productive as well in getting work done as well as re-charge at the gym/pool or Concierge Club and clearly the Marriott Chain delivers this to me. The Concierge Club Lounge which I have access too , is always well stocked with drinks/ snacks and features a wonderful hot breakfast as well as evening hot food too! I highly recommend this Hotel to fellow travelers who are looking for a property that will deliver excellent value and service each time! Well done Franklin Marriott, well done! See you again soon!

Room Tip: Request or book Concierge Floor Room
1  Thank MEProfenno

Dear MEProfenno:

Thank you for being a loyal guest of the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs and appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott family of hotels as a Platinum Elite Rewards member. Please ask for me in the lobby on the way out one morning so I can personally shake your hand and thank you for your feedback. "Delivering true hospitality each and every time" is a glowing compliment and appreciated very much by our team. Mr. Marriott reminds us that "success is never final" and remain committed each and every day to exceeding your expectations. All the best.

Regards, Jim Keller 615-261-6101

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights over this past weekend. I was with a group but booked the room on my own (not within a group block of sleeping rooms). I arrived on Friday afternoon and had asked the front desk (Jeremy) to help connect that night's reservation with a friend's reservation (we were sharing a room Saturday night) for the next night so I would not have to change rooms after the first night. I also asked to also redeem Marriott points on site for the Friday night stay - which I have never requested ON SITE before. Jeremy let me know that I should call central reservations to use the points and get the confirmation number for him to use. He dialed the number and gave them my Marriott number and the dates, etc. If he had booked the room on site it would have cost an extra 5,000 points.
All in all Jeremy went out of his way to make all of this happen with a smile on his face and others waiting in line for check in. I never felt rushed and he provided great customer service.
I had breakfast both mornings in the restaurant. The first morning the service was excellent, quick and drink refills came before the current beverage was emptied - I had the breakfast buffet. My only feedback is I feel that they need to add pancakes, waffles or an omelet option for the $13.95 that they charge.
The second morning I went with a friend - we were seated immediately and had to wait a little while for a waitress. Once she came my friend ordered Diet Coke and was told they carry Pepsie would diet Pepside be okay - she said if you can bring a lime. She was gone a while and returned with a diet coke that she found in the back in a can along with the drink I ordered. My friend was happy! Instead of the breakfast buffet I ordered the crunchy french toast that I read about on the menu in our room. It was a large portion and was very good.
As part of the group we had a mexican buffet on Friday night and a plated Turkey, dressing, green beans, rolls and apple pie on Saturday for lunch. All of the food arrived hot, was replenished on the buffet as needed and overall for a large group the food was good.
I thought that the area was good for access to downtown, retail, the freeway, etc and would definitely stay here when I visit the area next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank twosassyk

Dear Twosassyk -

Thank you for providing feedback about your experience at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you recognizing Jeremy as exceedingly helpful with check in and your Rewards points redemption on site. We value you loyalty as a Marriott rewards member to the Marriott family of hotels. We look forward to hosting you on your return visit to Franlin.

Thank you for being our guest. Jim Keller, General Manager 615-261-6101

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The Marriott was the site of a convention I attended this meeting. The lobby was welcoming And the convention area was laid out well. Our room was a decent size and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom had ample counter space and the shower head was great!! I did the stay for breakfast package, and the buffet had a good selection of food to choose from. It is easy to get to from I 65 and close to lots of restaurants and a mall.

1  Thank Tammy P
Jim K, General Manager at Franklin Marriott Cool Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Tammy P -

Thank you for being our guest while attending an event in the Cool Springs Conference Center at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs. Glad you found Marriott's "Stay for Breakfast" a great value and enjoyed our breakfast buffet in Lorraine's restaurant. You can access this package at any of Marriott's full service hotels. Hope to see you back in Franklin and will stay with us again. If I may be of service to you in the future please dont hesitate to connect with me. Regards, Jim Keller General Manager