“VERY GOOD HOTEL, BUT A COUPLE OF LITTLE NIT” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Franklin / Cool Spring
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Franklin
GreenLeadersGold level
Akron, Ohio
“VERY GOOD HOTEL, BUT A COUPLE OF LITTLE NIT”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Have only stayed at this hotel once before a couple of years ago. Generally, a little more in price then some of the other hotels in the area, but generally on par in terms of service and amenities. Front desk is friendly and helpful. Room was average size, clean and newer. Curious that room was provided with nice Nutragena products, Krug coffee products, and an adjustable comfort bed, but 1 ply inexpensive toilet paper--really! Ordered room service and while never expect great food from room service, the buffalo wings were just plain bad. The buffet breakfast is priced below average and is fine as long as you get there early. Finally, it is in back of a Dunkin Donuts!

1 Thank Evon H
HGI N, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Franklin / Cool Spring, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you, it is only through our guests reviews that we hear where we need to make improvements. I will definately address the single ply toilet paper, totally understand. Sorry about that. As far as those wings, I am discussing this with our food & beverage director and if you paid for those wings we want to buy you dinner the next time you are with us. Please give us another chance to fix these challenges and thank you for taking your time to help us improve.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have stayed here three or four times the past couple of years and our go-to hotel when in the area. The front desk clerks have always been friendly and checked us quickly when we arrived, along with a friendly "hello" each time we passed by. We stayed in a junior suite this time and just a heads up, they are the closest to the elevators on the upper floors. We prefer to stay away from elevators and vending, however this is the only choice if you go with the junior suite. We did not hear any noise at night from the hallways, which is always my main concern, especially being that close to both. We did not have any problems with the room and did eat breakfast both mornings in the restaurant since we had vouchers for it. I believe the price for the full, cooked to order breakfast is $11 plus tax & gratuity. I believe the cook was Chancy that morning and he did a great job serving up. The morning hostess, I believe was Jennifer, was there in the mornings and in the evenings for the bar that weekend. She also did a great job.

The junior suite has the larger living area in the front with a loveseat, coffee table, desk, and chair with an foot rest, if I recall correctly. There is also two TV's, along with a small refrigerator and microwave. Being a junior suite, it does not have a door separating the living room area from the bedroom, like a one bedroom suite, just for those who are not sure of the difference.

They have a nice outdoor sitting area with a gas fire pit for the evenings. The furniture was comfortable to sit in for a while, even though that area is in the front of the hotel, facing West and was hot until the sun went down. We have also been there in the fall and enjoyed the fire pit when most others would not sit outside.

The have Keurig coffee makers in the room and they include two cups. They also have a selection downstairs where you can buy single cups of various flavors. if you have a Keurig at home and like you own flavors, suggest you bring some extras.

Several places to eat near by and a Irish Pub is located in the small strip shopping area in front of the hotel which is in walking distance. Being in walking distance is a big plus for us, since we were riding motorcycles and will not ride after having drinks. We usually eat there as have good pub food & friendly service. I think it was McGuinness Pub.

I uploaded a picture of the 5th floor plan. You can see the 510/512 rooms are the larger junior suites and their location right outside the elevators. It might be helpful when choosing a room if you use eCheckin.

It was a good hotel stay & will continue staying there in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I stay at this hotel weekly for business travel. The front desk staff, breakfast staff, evening bar staff are all exceptional. The best omlettes ever. Beds are so comfy. Great location. All staff recognize me when I am there and go above and beyond to make my stay exceptional. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone!!! I will continue to stay here. Often when I try to make reservations this hotel is booked, but I continue trying until a room is available. This is my first choice.

• Stayed May 2014
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Staff was extremely friendly and knowledgable. My room was actually pretty big and had all the amenities someone would need. Had a pool, business center, and workout area. One of the better hotels to stay at in the area. Only thing I would change is provide an option for a free complimentary breakfast instead of charging for breakfast.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stay at this Hilton Garden Inn every week I am in town for work and enjoy it very much. Every employee here is so friendly and goes above and beyond for me on a regular basis. The rooms are very clean and the food is great! I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Franklin!!

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Hotel location is central to many Franklin activities and mins from the Galleria Mall. Staff is super friendly and accommodating. The bartender Kelly is the best... if you need to know anything, she can tell you. Housekeeping is a challenge: although my room appeared cleaned, when you look in the corners, not so much. I had to repeatedly ask for towels that the housekeeping staff failed to stock. Overall, great hotel for the price point.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you Kelly is wonderful and we will be delighted to share your comments with her. As for housekeeping, we are so sorry. Please know that we do appreciate your comments and will address our cleaning challenges with our new Executive Housekeeper. She prides herself on her clean rooms and will definately address the issues you explained. Please allow us to have you back as our guest and offer you a better experience. Kelly will be happy to see you at her bar with that "Kelly Pretty SMILE" . Thank you again.
ALABAMA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I made this reservation in advance.Upon arrival it was a little hard to find since it is behind a small strip mall.Upon entering the lobby was clean there was water for guests, restaurant was nice.I had to wait approximately 15 minutes to be checked in. there were two desk clerks only 4 people in line total two at the desk, one in front of me.I was not greeted as Hilton Honors Member.I had requested my room NOT be at the end of a hallway or right next to elevator. I cannot walk great distances because of COPD.I was not asked if we wanted just a shower in our room or a tub.I ended up with the very LAST room at the end of the hallway on the floor we were on,and a room with just a shower no tub.I was there with my daughter who was competing in sporting events all weekend and needed a tub.I didn't report it we needed to get to bed.When we tried to use the hot water in the sink it made an awful noise with no water pressure but we had to get to her events so left hurriedly. The internet did work properly We did not get back into the room until 10:00 p.m.,again the sink problem upon further inspection I discovered that the hot water had been almost completely turned off up under the sink which obviously had to be done be a previous guest or staff member, but should have been checked when it was cleaned before I checked in. The bed was supposed to be one of the Garden Sleep System beds it was not working either. I did write an email to the hotel complaining about what had happened since we were in a rush and I couldn't speak to anyone in person, but when I asked at the desk that I not get a room at the end of the hall it should have been met. They were not completely booked, I did ask that also.I would recommend this hotel if you state everything up front at the desk upon check in so that you can follow up.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask if the rooms only have a shower with no tub so you can get your preference.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Expectations - we are so sorry for your not so great experience. I wanted to explain that many hotels now are setup with only showers, this can be found on the hotels website, just so you know for future travelers. Our hotel does list our room types as with shower only or with bathtub/ shower combination so our future travelers know in advance. Our front desk does not ask our guests at check in if they prefer a room with a shower only as all of our king rooms only offer a shower. So sorry, but please know our rooms with two queen beds do offer a tub. I understand the inconvenience of the room at the end of the hallway, as a valued Hilton Honors Traveler we do try very hard to honor guest requests for special room placement, I would be happy to check for you on that night to see if we were indeed sold out or offer a reason why we were unable to place you in a room closer to the elevator location. I do apologize for any inconvenience that made for your stay with us. We all appreciate your taking the time to share your experience as that is the best way for our hotel to learn and fix these type of challenges. We will be reviewing your comments with our entire team to help make for better hosts in the future. Again our sincere apologies.