“Good introduction to Indian food”
Review of Bombay Bistro

Bombay Bistro
Ranked #97 of 372 Restaurants in Franklin
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bakers Bridge
Description: High End Fine Dining Restaurant & Bar with Excellent Ambience and soft Lounge Music.
Tennessee
“Good introduction to Indian food”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I've taken several people here who have never had Indian food before. The food is not too spicy, the lunch buffet has a nice variety that has never had the same exact items two times in a row.

A nice change from fast food or from having to cook.

london, england
“Best Indian in Nashville!”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

One of the things I missed most when I moved from London to Nashville was great Indian food...heck, I'd settle for good Indian food! Having searched - and tried - most Indian fare in and around Nashville I settled on Bombay palace (on west end blvd) as my go-to place to satisfy my craving for sag paneer, Dahl, chicken korma and samosas...until I stumbled upon Bombay bistro in cool springs. The food is fresh, authentic and delicious; the space is modern, upscale and elegant; and the service is friendly, efficient and knowledgeable.

I am so happy to have found this gem of a restaurant in franklin (just outside of nashville) and would rate it as good or better than any indian restaurant in London!

• Visited August 2013
Dover
“Buffet was Fair”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This restaurant is really busy for lunch especially after noon time. So get there between 11 and 11:30 am for good seating and a clean shot at the buffet. And, we were there on a Tuesday. The staff brings the naan to the table with butter. If you want the naan without butter please request it after being seated. I enjoyed most of the food, especially the salad and one of the desserts. The vegetables were okay. However, the tandoori chicken had too much oil on it. They also did not have any naan made out of whole wheat. One of the desserts was just watery. I have had much much better. The staff was good. However, the owners just stood around without smiling and acted aloof. I would go back and give it another try.

• Visited August 2013
Collierville, Tennessee
“Good quality Indian food”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

One of my Indian coworkers took me here after work one evening. It was really good and I wanted to eat everything on the menu.

Started with the pani puri and it was tasty. The chicken tandoori was good too, but not a stand-out. Rich flavors and they spice to order (a six was perfect for me).

The service was very good. Pleasant, attentive and prompt. I'll head back next time I'm in the area. It was a good date atmosphere even though I was on a business dinner.

• Visited July 2013
Queens, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad food, high price”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Only thing I like there was decor, Food was terrible. Chicken tikka was hard and tasteless, too salty and didn't seem like it was cooked in tandoor. It felt like it was microwaved. Won't go there again.

Visited July 2013