“Ed and Evy”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Franklin
Butterfly Meadows Inn and Farm
Ranked #2 of 8 Franklin B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights at this inn. It's the best bed and breakfast we ever stayed at. The place was charming. The owner and staff were very nice and friendly. The food was excellent. Highly recommend The inn is on top of a hill just south of Franklin. Secluded but close enough to Franklin to drive in for a pizza

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Found this on trip advisor and we're we lucky. This place is charming. We were going to spend one night and we so enjoyed the peacefull setting up in the trees, with the wonderful breakfast that we stayed another night. The Inn is like a beautiful farmhouse.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 40th anniversary here. This is the 10th bed & breakfast that we have stayed in and Butterfly Meadows rates high on our list. Enjoyed the Frances room with it's large bathroom and comfy bed. We enjoyed the apple tv in our room and the coffee bar that was close by. Everything was very clean and the inn is beautiful. It was very cold outside so we did not get to enjoy the porch or deck. I was very disappointed that they didn't use the fireplace. Not sure what was going on there since it was so cold outside. I would have love to sit and enjoy the fire after breakfast. Both mornings the breakfast was awesome and well presented. We drove over to downtown Franklin one day and it is a neat little town.Lots of shops and great places to eat. We chose the Puckett's Boathouse for dinner and the food was wonderful. Had a relaxing time at Butterfly Meadows and hope to go back again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anita P
NashvilleButterfly, Owner at Butterfly Meadows Inn and Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

What a wonderful milestone to celebrate! Thank you for choosing Butterfly Meadows Inn for your getaway. We are so pleased that you had a nice time and thank you for your kind words. We are sorry that you missed the fireplaces. High winds over the weekend prevented us from having the fireplaces going during your stay. Since we have wonderful wood burning fireplaces, the stiff winds will blow the smoke right back down the flue. Being on the top of the ridge affords great views and catches the winds going through the valleys! Hopefully we will be able to have those fires going for your next visit. There is nothing like a wood burning fire and we stoke one up as often as possible!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

My husband and I went here for a quick getaway and were looking for a relaxing weekend. I had no expectations before arriving since the location of our getaway was a surprise to me. The inn was beyond anything I could have expected. The attention to detail was unbelievable. We arrived late on a Friday evening and had a welcome letter waiting for us at the front door. The instructions for entering the inn and getting to our room were incredibly detailed and much appreciated. As we ventured up the stairs to our room, I could feel the stress of life exiting my body since this place was so warm and inviting. We opened the door to our room to discover fresh cookies and bottled water waiting on our bed that was already turned down for us. We stayed in the Virginia room which offered incredible views of the countryside. The large windows were gorgeous and so nice to crawl up in the bed and look out. Saturday morning we greatly enjoyed our breakfast of a Harvest Egg dish that included potatoes and topped with tomatoes and basil. On the side were the most amazing tea biscuits and a warm carrot spiced muffing with a beautiful garnish. Juices and coffee were offered as well. My husband really enjoyed the house blend of coffee that was offered. Anna, who prepared the meals was very gracious and a perfect hostesses. The Inn Keepers popped in later during breakfast to welcome us and answer any questions we had. They each took time to give directions to our destinations and offer up suggestions for things to do. That evening we returned to a beautifully lit home that again welcomed us and made us feel at home. We opted to watch movies (which the booklet said were housed in the office, but are now offered on Apple TV). We had an issue with accessing the movies, but Norman was very quick to come up and assist us with the issue. It was resolved within moments. Sunday morning we enjoyed Irish Oatmeal served in a brulee style accompanied by cinnamon toast and fruit as well as a banana nut muffin. I don't love oatmeal, but I really enjoyed our meal.

The Virginia room was incredibly spacious. The bathrooms were large and very clean. The library was inviting and engaging. The sitting areas were so comfortable. We loved our two days here at Butterfly Meadow and look to be back in the future. I highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast. It will not disappoint.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We had our wedding at Butterfly Meadows Inn and Farm this Oct (2013) and it was beautiful! My husband and I, along with our family stayed at the Inn and everyone was so pleased with the accomodations and the beautiful setting. We could not have asked for a more beautiful locations for our wedding. The staff is so friendly and helpful and the breakfast that is cooked in the mornings is an added bonus....it was delicious! The rooms are so spacious and comfortable as well as the bathrooms. We had plenty of room for our reception in the meeting room and the outdoor setting for our wedding was just absolutely perfect. I was so happy with our wedding and our stay and I highly recommend a visit and stay for anyone travelling to the Middle TN area.

Room Tip: There is not a fitness center for the B & B but you are surrounded by beauty and it is the perfe...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I had an opportunity to lead a meeting at Butterfly Meadows. The meeting room was spacious and very bright. There were couches for relaxed discussion. The Inn is spotless and just lovely. The rest of the group spent the night and raved about their dinner and the comfort of the rooms. I hope to get back for an overnight stay soon!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband and I have stayed at premium B&B's from Maine to California, with most being listed in Select Registry. We can now add Butterfly Meadows to our list of favorites. My husband kept saying, "...so much attention to detail" which, for me, meant, "...so much consideration to our guests comfort". We reserved both Virginia's and Anna's rooms, as my mother and father were traveling with us. The rooms were VERY spacious and elegantly decorated, as was the bath. I was amazed at how they were able to capture the old farmhouse feel in a relatively new facility. The place was pristine! Since we consider the "B" for "breakfast" just as important as the B for bed, we were not disappointed; the chef's love for her craft came through in the beautiful presentation of truly scrumptious meals. We were delighted with the location. The drive to the inn from Franklin was lovely, and as we drove up the winding drive we were greeted by, not one doe and her fawn, but TWO pair of mom and baby!!! When we stopped to watch as the deer slowly walked up the hill next to the driveway, two bunnies hopped across the road. The wildlife sightings were further appreciated the following morning as we watched the birds and butterflies while enjoying our coffee on the porch. The inn keepers at Butterfly Meadow truly have the gift of hospitality and we are blessed to have experienced their generosity.

Room Tip: I think Virginia's and Anna's rooms are the largest, but I suspect they are all quite spacio...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family