My family stayed at the Cool Springs Embassy Suites in August. I have stayed at this hotel for probably almost a decade and have been generaly happy. Things have taken a slide backwards in my opinion.
The good: The rooms are spacious and large, typical Embassy. The location is very close to many businesses and restaurants. The breakfast is good, the staff did not say two words to us but I guess that is OK.
The bad: At the current time the hotel lobby/common area is demolished. We checked in at 1:30 am (late flight) and were awoken by extremely loud construction noise at 9 am. If you like to sleep in or enjoy quiet, I would wait until construction is complete.
Smoking: The smoking area is 10 feet from the front door. I walked out the front door with my young children to about 8 people smoking. I don't have a problem with smokers but have a little courtesy and put the "butt hut" around the corner.
Parking: I saved the best for last. According to the front desk in order to create addition revenue, the property is now charging a self parking fee. Just to set the duck, I grew up in the area, the hotel is 30 miles from downtown Nashville. It is surrounded by no less than 500 free parking spots at various office complexes within 100 yards. According to the same front desk clerk who was rude to me, agreed that the policy should be changed, said it was a corporate policy. None of the hotels in the local area charge this free. Not sure why people would pay this fee. Make your hotel so good that you can charge additional per night, don't just put fees on your customers.
Noise: We were awoken at 2 am one night by an obviously drunk person running around the halls of the hotel yelling "whoo". Seriously?
Overall: Good location, some off setting negatives. Probably won't be back next time we visit the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Nashville - South/Cool Springs is only a short drive from the Nashville International Airport, downtown attractions of Music City and local area businesses. Explore Franklin, Tennessee's Historic downtown area, Civil War sites or shop at the Cool Springs Galleria mall. Book your stay now and enjoy our indoor pool, fitness center, on-site restaurant as well as other amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville South/Cool Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Nashville South/Cool Springs Hotel Franklin
- Embassy Suites Cool Springs
- Embassy Suites Franklin
- Franklin Embassy Suites