“Less than mediocre customer service”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cool Springs
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed with a large group for a tournament. When we realized we would be done a day early we thought we would head home. Upon asking about check out times we were informed we could check out by noon but we would still be charged for that nights room. Please keep in mind we were there during spring break. The front desk had already been fielding calls and turning people away because the hotel was "booked". When we asked if there was anything we could do or someone else we could ask we were told that the Manager would not return until after 3pm. With check out looming at noon we has no other option but to stay the night or else allow the hotel the luxury of getting paid for the room twice!!

Other than that major situation I would rate the hotel as average.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank michelle s
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cool Springs

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Title says it all. This hotel did everything right. We picked this based on the location but it turned out to be the best choice we could make. Great room, clean and roomy, great, friendly service and a really good breakfast. It was the right choice for us.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maybepat1
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The room was clean and the bed slept good. I really have no complaints about the stay and it is conveniently located across from the mall. The WiFi was pretty average but, everything else was fine. I would stay here again if passing through.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank torit83
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed here one night and pleased with the hotel. The room was clean, bed was comfortable. The water pressure was good. And the breakfast was good. The WIFI in my room was just so so. But ut worked well enough. I would stay here again and I will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Shayne M
CountryInnCOOL, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cool Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

This is such a generous response with excellent feedback. We appreciate you staying with us and commenting on the qualities you experienced. We work hard so all our guests can have the experience you had. Again, thank you for your kindness. We hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I found this hotel on the internet. I was needing a hotel room for one night, because my son was running in a race in downtown Nashville. I was having problems finding a place with any rooms.
This hotel was very nice, if I was there for shopping it would of been the perfect place. The location was right by the interstate so it was easy for us to get to where we were going. we stayed i a king suite, so we had plenty of room. The hotel was very quite , being that it was completely full that night. THe breakfast was very good, and the beds comfortable. Susan was so nice, kind and helpful in our checking in. If we are ever back in this area we will for sure stay here at this hotel.

1  Thank clairestone
CountryInnCOOL, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cool Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you so much for your kind comments about our Hotels location, breakfast, and comfy beds. It was a packed house that night and I'm glad we had a nice quiet room for you. We strive to serve our guests and treat them the way we would like to be treated. You are like family so it is important to us that you are pleased with your stay. We hope you come back to Franklin and stay with us. We look forward to seeing you. Thank you again.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I'm a Canadian who drove from Ontario to Florida for spring break with my husband and two daughters. This hotel was a little more than halfway and I chose it because Franklin had a lot to offer (thought it would be nice to stretch our legs after the drive at the Cool Springs Mall right next door).

I was leery about staying here to be honest because I'd never heard of this chain of hotel. Well my goodness I'm glad we did. I cannot say enough good things about this lovely hotel. I have never slept in such a comfortable bed and the room (whole hotel) was spotless.

Thank you Country Inn & Suites for the lovely home away from home. Franklin is a beautiful city and I wish we could have stayed longer.

Happy travels!
Karen

1  Thank Wheeze1969
CountryInnCOOL, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cool Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

We are so glad you decided to give us a try and found your experience to be a delight. The entire staff strives to provide a clean, safe, comfortable haven for travelers that come our way. We love our comfy beds too! We do hope you come back to Franklin, it is a charming community with lots to see and do. Thank you for recognizing our Hotel is a compliment to our lovely town.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We recently stayed at Country Inn for a night with our daughter and her best friend here in Franklin/Cool Springs, TN. The front desk manager, Angela, was amazing! We do a lot of traveling around the country, staying in all types of hotels, and I can honestly say that Angela, was one of the most polite, welcoming, and serving to any need we had. It was a busy night, and she was taking care of everyone's needs in a pleasant and humble way. She personally took care of getting us extra pillows, blankets, making change for the vending machine, menus from local restaurants etc. The hotel/rooms were very nice, and the pool was great! I wish all hotel staff could be like Angela! Way to go Angela, and please know you are greatly appreciated!!

2  Thank Bruce W
CountryInnCOOL, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cool Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

We welcome your feedback. Thank you for commenting on our Angela. She works very hard to make sure guests needs are attended to. We are always glad to hear about your positive experience while staying with us. Please come back and see us.