“Musty and hairy”

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Franklin
Evansville, Indiana
“Musty and hairy”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The hotel appearance is nice... Until you see the inside of the rooms. When I arrived for my almost month-long stay, I found long black hair covering my bathroom floor. Similar to those that were covering the hair dryer ... Gross. Otherwise, my only complaint is the smell. It's very musty and could be what's giving me a headache. I keep my a/c on 68 degrees and purchased air fresheners.

As a positive, the staff is friendly, the breakfast is awesome, and my maid service has been very good.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Sunshine8950

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I am here on a business trip for one night only. As soon as I opened my door the room smelled "musty". The AC was not on, maybe that would have helped. I turned it on and went out to dinner. Came back and still musty smelling. I asked my co-workers about their room. Same response, Musty. Not sure what the problem is but something is wrong. They really need to figure it out and make the rooms correct.

Room Tip: Hope all rooms are not this musty.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Howell D
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My mistake leaving jewelry in the room. When I reported the loss, no communication from the hotel after numerous phone calls. GM would not even speak to me. Rep from hotel did finally reach out to me. The lack of communication and being ignored was over the top. Front desk welcome at check in was not friendly either. I will stay elsewhere when I travel to this area.

Room Tip: Stay at Hampton Inn
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank bacrdstraveler
CountryInnCOOL, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cool Springs, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
I regret you have your jewelry has not been found. We have looked for days, and did attempt to reach you, while still looking. I'm sorry you feel we didn't try to reach you. We still have employees aware and looking. I checked you in and regret you feel I was not attentive. We try our best at the front desk to greet you and make you feel welcome. We are more than happy to continue to look for these lost items. I understand the frustration of not finding items you know you had. All staff including maids have verified no items have been found, but we will continue looking.
Crawfordsville, Indiana
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed with a large group for a tournament. When we realized we would be done a day early we thought we would head home. Upon asking about check out times we were informed we could check out by noon but we would still be charged for that nights room. Please keep in mind we were there during spring break. The front desk had already been fielding calls and turning people away because the hotel was "booked". When we asked if there was anything we could do or someone else we could ask we were told that the Manager would not return until after 3pm. With check out looming at noon we has no other option but to stay the night or else allow the hotel the luxury of getting paid for the room twice!!

Other than that major situation I would rate the hotel as average.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank michelle s
West Bend, WI
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Title says it all. This hotel did everything right. We picked this based on the location but it turned out to be the best choice we could make. Great room, clean and roomy, great, friendly service and a really good breakfast. It was the right choice for us.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maybepat1
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The room was clean and the bed slept good. I really have no complaints about the stay and it is conveniently located across from the mall. The WiFi was pretty average but, everything else was fine. I would stay here again if passing through.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank torit83
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed here one night and pleased with the hotel. The room was clean, bed was comfortable. The water pressure was good. And the breakfast was good. The WIFI in my room was just so so. But ut worked well enough. I would stay here again and I will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Shayne M
CountryInnCOOL, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cool Springs, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
This is such a generous response with excellent feedback. We appreciate you staying with us and commenting on the qualities you experienced. We work hard so all our guests can have the experience you had. Again, thank you for your kindness. We hope to serve you again soon.