“Msg to mgmt: please clean it !”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Franklin
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Franklin
Parker Colorado
“Msg to mgmt: please clean it !”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Pros: pets accepted, good breakfast with hard-boiled eggs, yogurt and fresh fruit, quiet yet close to highway, next door to Cracker Barrel option for dinner, good security, pool looked inviting and was away from rooms so the noise was not annoying, efficient check-in.
But ... I could have written my name in the dust on the headboards, and there was a 4 inch track of solid dirt all the way around the room where the big vacuum cleaners don't reach. The hallway carpet coming out of the housekeeping facility next to front desk was grossly dirty. There was trash left by a guest from McD's on the lamptable near the front door when I arrived at 6, and it was still there when I went through that space at 8:30, clearly within site of the registrar (who was sitting down watching TV or something at 8:30 when I inquired about a refrigerator). I was driving my mom fm FL to Michigan and we stayed in 3 hotel chains - LQ was so, so dirty compared to others. So unfortunate that this property has these housekeeping issues, as they have many plusses going for them.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank MendysMum

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Vincennes, Indiana
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stay here on our way to florida, easily accesible from i-65 south of Nashville. The pool and hot tub are nice and perfect for relaxing in the evening. Breakfast in the morning is basic, but it's enough to get you by until lunch. There always seems to be a large amount of dogs staying here with their owners, but we never had problems with any. Cracker Barrel right next door.

Columbia City, Indiana
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This was our first stay at a La Quinta. It was quiet and nice and clean. My family enjoyed the pool and spa. We left early so did not have breakfast. It was served at 8am which was a little too late for early travellers. They also allow pets. We did see several but were not disturbed by them. Although, my husband wasn't keen on the idea of possibly having slept on a bed a dog may have also used. The beds and pillows were comfortable. One family member is allergic to cigarette smoke and the room was fresh with no hint of smoking noted. We felt safe there. We would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Read all reviews by other consumers--they are invaluable
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We took a family trip to Pigeon Forge (March 2012). We stayed at this hotel overnight on our way out. It was cheap but for obvious reasons.

Things were not up to snuff with what I consider any decent hotel (and I know, I travel a lot for work). We actually had Mold in the shower. The next morning my wife tried to flush the toilet and the handle fell off.

The staff was nice, ill give them that. However, they double billed my room to my check card! I was checking out with my father in law and they for some reason put his room on my card. Luckily it was family so he just cut me a check for the room. Had it not been I would likely have had to call La Quinta and fought for the money back.

This hotel is also a fairly long drive from I-40. You pass several hotels when headed south. If we head back again I will look for another hotel.

Room Tip: Too many hotels in the area to settle. If youre looking for a cheap room and a quick nights sleep y...
1 Thank JeramieOK
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was our first stay at a La Quinta, and we chose it over 3 other hotels in the immediate area because they are pet friendly. We were moving and had to have somewhere to use as our 'home base' until our house opened up.

The location is just off I-65 off of Murfreesboro Rd in Franklin, a little confusing to get into the area but very accessible to the interstate. You're not into the Nashville traffic rush here, so if you're heading south on 65 this is a great location because you've got clear sailing from here south. Heading north is trickier because of the morning rush into Nashville, but the front desk staff helped us with the timing of that as well.

The room was pretty standard, clean and nice enough, but as I said this is a Pet Friendly hotel. If you don't like people with dogs walking through the lobby, on the elevators etc. there are 3 other hotels in a stones' throw from this one.

However, we are dog owners and are sensitive to those who aren't. We never heard any barking, noticed doggy smells, or any other pet related problems even though we knew there were other dogs staying there beside ours. The staff welcomed us and even took a picture of our boarder collie.

The price was good, having booked online and there is a Cracker Barrel restaurant right next to the hotel, and several other restaurants on Murfreesboro Rd. Steak & Shake, McDonalds, Shoneys, the Chop House, and of course the ubiquitous Waffle House, open 24 hrs a day. (You ARE in the south you know).

We recommend this place not only because of the pet friendly policy, but because the staff here was great to us in every instance.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room facing the front, the rooms in the back overlook I-65 and so have traffic n...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family