“Perfect staycation getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

Drury Plaza Hotel Nashville Franklin
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Franklin
“Perfect staycation getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

My family lives about fifteen miles from this hotel, and we regularly stay overnight with them for the view, the great breakfast, the indoor/outdoor pool, and the service. That should say it all. Love this place.

Room Tip: North-facing view much better... high floor as far from elevator as possible.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kel W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Enterprise, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

My family & I ( 3 rooms) attended a wedding in Franklin, TN and decided on a stay at The Drury Plaza. We were not disappointed in any way. Friendly and efficient
staff, especially Todd Beene who took special attention to our every need.

Highly recommend this hotel for your next stay in the Nashville, TN area.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Was looking forward to staying 2-nights in this relatively new hotel. A/C was initially on in room, but outside temps dropped unexpectedly and room was an icebox by the time we returned to the room later that night. Switched unit to "heat" and got nothing but more cold air for 20 minutes plus. Called front desk and they initially said it was probably something wrong with the unit and it would be the next day before maintenance could check it. They then told me that they could switch a/c to heat from their master control unit downstairs, but after a few hours it would default back to the original a/c setting. Additionally, I would have to call downstairs all throughout the night each time I needed to adjust the thermostat.
(Gotta be kidding, right?) Decided to go downstairs and talk to the manager and met another guest on the elevator from another floor who's room was also freezing. Manager offered to move me to another room which had the same problem. After much discussion the manager informed me that the guests are not able to switch the thermostats from a/c to heat and vice-verse, in order to "save energy." Manager also said that units are preset by the front desk and monitored for cost purposes, and guests would have to call the front desk EACH time they needed thermostat adjusted, and that after a few hours or so, the unit would always default back to the original preset temp established by the front desk. By this point I felt like some caged animal in a zoo - simply at the mercy of my handlers. I had never experienced such ridiculousness at any other hotel I've visited, so I decided to check out the next morning and take my sniffles, runny nose, and all to a more accommodating establishment. Later learned that the newer hotels are going more energy efficient and this system is to help save hotels money. Why build a hotel just to save money? FYI Not everyone shares the same body chemistry, and whereas a/c may be good for some, heat may be better for others. Suggestion to the Drury: let guests know online that you are an energy efficient hotel so that they can book this hotel at their own risk, and post a small placard or something upon check-in and/or on thermostat to this effect. Give the guest the option to decide whether or not this is something they wish to contend with. Giving sleep quality 2-stars because of inability to maintain a comfortable room temp.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank baby d
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Plaza Hotel Nashville Franklin, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and do want to reassure you that the air conditioning issues have been fixed. It appears we did not explain the HVAC controls to you correctly. All of our guests are able to adjust the room temperature throughout their stay without interruption. The system is designed to return each thermostat to a predetermined setting when the room is vacant. This should only change once a guest checks out of the hotel and keep the room at a constant temperature until the next guest arrives.

If you have any further questions about Drury, please let us know how we can help. And if you have a few moments to discuss the issue you had in your room, please feel free to contact me at the hotel. Again, thanks for your feedback and we do hope we'll have a chance to see you as our guest again soon!

Ryan S.
615-771-6778
Arlington, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Last weekend was our second stay at the Drury Plaza Franklin. We were not disappointed. We took advantage of the free "Kickback" meal as well as the free adult beverages in the evening. Breakfast is even better with hot fresh pancakes, home fries, scrambled eggs, biscuits, waffles, sausage...anything you could ask for. The entire staff is fantastic! The wait staff in the dining room give the place a "nice restaurant" atmosphere...and it's a FREE meal. The lobby, rooms, and even the parking lot are spotless and just lovely. You can't do better at any price!

Room Tip: Ask for a room up high and facing the city. The lights are beautiful at night!
Memphis, Tn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed the weekend for my daughters sports tournament. Very nice hotel with great evening free food and drinks and daily breakfast. Perfect location with easy access to everything. Staff were all very friendly and helpful.

Sleep Quality
1 Thank brian m
Laguna Niguel, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were here for a week as part of a bicycling group. The room was clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced. We were impressed with the friendliness and attentiveness of staff, from the front desk to the restaurant to housekeeping. There was a nice selection of hot and cold breakfast foods, with ample seating. I was surprised by the quantity of evening appetizers and the wide variety of beverages included - hospitality plus ! The elevators were large and we never had to wait very long for service. Our room was quiet, with generally little noise from surrounding rooms. A/C worked efficiently; hot water worked quickly. The one time we went to use the spa, it was foamy, however. We let someone know, but did not go back to see when it was attended to; I imagine it was fairly quickly. There is a very good restaurant next door.
Overall, we had a wonderful stay and we look forward to finding another Drury Plaza in the future.

Room Tip: 10th floor was quiet. Dogs are usually on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Saraland, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I was in Franklin, TN for a meeting, including a recording session recently. We stayed at the Drury Plaza Hotel in Franklin. First, the setting in Franklin was beautiful and classy! There were plenty of restaurants in the area, even a nice one in the hotel. I was not there for long (one night), but enjoyed my stay! Second, my room was clean and the AC kicked! I like a cold room......one in which you can hang meat.....wonderful! Nice shower too!
One added bonus! I was there on a friday night and as I was getting ready to head out to dinner, I looked out my back window and to my delight saw a football game going on under the lights. It was just fun watching the middle school football team fight it out! The school was also beautiful!

Room Tip: All are nice since it is new!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business