“Good food but staff needs to do better”

The Franklin Mercantile Co.
Ranked #42 of 382 Restaurants in Franklin
Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

The Franklin Mercantile Co. Good food that was disappointing only by service mistakes.

My wife and I ordered the club sandwich. When we sat down to eat there was no bacon. When we asked "where's the bacon (not beef)" the staff said "oh, we ran out". Why they didn't say anything when we ordered is beside me.

The potato salad was good. My boys got turkey/cheese sandwich with mayo and lettuce. The mayo was basically non existent on their sandwich. I'm not saying there wasn't any mayo it just needed more than a dab.

All of the sandwiches were stacked high with meat but only one slice of cheese.

I also had the fruit tea which was good. I would recommend Franklin Mercantile to others but I would just make sure you tell them exactly what you want on the sandwich (and ask if they still have bacon).

Note to owner: don't let the staff stand around when tables need cleaned. There was 5 tables that sat uncleared the entire tIme we were there and it was not busy.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Everything is wonderful at the Mercantile! Their homemade granola is amazing!! and their bacon?? the BEST in the whole world!

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Great casual and relaxed spot located in a charming old building just off Main Street in downtown Franklin TN. The walls are decorated with works by local artists and photographers. Nothing fancy, just really good and reasonably priced food, great specials, and a nice and attentive wait staff. Recommended!

Reviewed 5 May 2013

While in Franklin Tennessee, we were looking for a place to eat and stumbled across this unique location and after a short conversation with the hostess decided to try their special dinner. The "Spring Special" along with a bottle of the "Wine of the Month" was the order of the day. The food was really good, along with a great dessert, and the $15.00 bottle of wine capped off a great meal in a unique environment. We certainly had an enjoyable experience and highly recommend it!

Reviewed 18 March 2013

If looking for a fresh and healthy place to eat look no further. Not only did I have the best tomato basil soup I have ever had (super fresh and light!) but the decor and feel of this deli was very inviting. The ingredients were fresh and the people extremely friendly. Quick service and great food!