“I volunteer as a usher. I am there to help the theatre and customers maintaining polite behavior towards all.”
Review of Carmike Cinemas

Carmike Cinemas
Ranked #7 of 17 Fun & Games in Franklin
Reviewed 12 February 2017

I love this place. I would not volunteer my free time if I did not think this was a top notch place. The shows have been great. Plus, many more shows are coming. The Staff is friendly. So are the customers. Everyone wants to enjoy themselves. Let me name drop some of the shows I have ushered for so far: AJ Croce (Jim' son), a Musical Youth performance of Grease, and Ricky Skaggs. I recommend The Franklin Theatre highly. Top Notch.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"remodeling"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 1 February 2017

This movie theater was under construction when we went, but my imagination allows me see that it will be great once they finish. The seats are comfortable, and the employees were courteous and helpful. There is ample seating if you have a large group.

Reviewed 1 January 2017

A group of us went to see Star Wars in IMAX and the experience was great. The theatre is very clean and the viewing experience is hard to beat. The complex is undergoing a renovation so the lobby was all torn up but the staff did a great job of taking care of everyone. We had a fire alarm go off during the film and had to evacuate the show for a few minutes but they asked where we would like the move restarted and we did not miss a thing. Again the staff did a good job.

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

A new design makes things less efficient, and you are left feeling like a relaxing outing just became work. You now have to buy your own tickets at a kiosk and can't find a human if you need help. Then if you want a drink, you get to stand in line to purchase and then another line at the self service stations that take a long time to operate. They do not have enough, some are not working, some have no ice. Guess I will be changing theaters.

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

Thoroughbred 20 is making some major changes. So you won't be confused - have to enter the left of the front doors. You can buy tickets at kiosk or through concessions. Not sure how I feel about that yet? Obvious it is a marketing tactic. We really like the BigD theater!! Hopefully when remodel is complete things will run smooth and be customer friendly. Only two negatives thus the 4 star rating: the young man taking my money was very distracted and engaged in a conversation with a coworker. Not cool - though they are young still should be leadership that is helping workers focus on customers. Lastly, why did they not add more bathrooms!!! Expect long lines - front men's bathroom (one stall and one urinal) really Carmike??