“Stick with the Pizza”

Good for: Child-friendly
Franklin, Tennessee
“Stick with the Pizza”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I decided to get a chicken dish that was so lemony that you couldn't taste anything else. I love lemon but it was like they had poured lemonade on it. We had ordered salads and they forgot to bring them, then brought them after we got our meal and they were warm. No one even said, hey I'm sorry we forgot. I had been there before once with my grandkids and tried the lasagna pizza and it was really good. So my advice is, stick with pizza. They do that well. The atmosphere is nice.. Its in a strip mall type area next to Target but it a nice area with lots of parking. I sorta find it humorous that its in the same area as a Pizza Hut so you smell pizza before you even get to Gina's. I may have just been there on a bad day. But I will definitely go back for pizza not one of their entrees.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank jbun906

Nashville, TN
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were really looking forward to trying this new place in our neighborhood. We were pleasantly surprised when we ate the bread. Very delicious. The waitress was so annoying however. We sat down and got the menus in our hands. She stood there and kept staring at us to order. It's a big menu and we hadn't seen it before so we needed some time and told her so. She did bring our drinks around but seemed out out that we weren't ready to order yet. She popped over about every minute or so and kept talking about this item and that item. We didn't even have time to look at the menu she kept interrupting. After a bit we finally ordered a pizza and a calzone. Then we waited. And waited. And waited. Nearly 45 minutes. Our flirty waitress was way too busy talking to her friends at another table to notice us trying to catch her attention. Finally she came over and told us it was taking so long because we ordered a calzone. They take a long time to make and bake, she explained. We told her we wished we had known this so we could have ordered something else. We then asked her if they could bring out the pizza while we waited. She said yes and went back to the kitchen. Then another waitress, Gina maybe?, came over to apologize for the wait and we had to hear the whole calzone story again. She asked if we were late for a movie or something. Like that was a factor. We told her we would have appreciated knowing that the calzone would take 45 minutes to cook. We asked her, too, to bring out the pizza to eat while we waited. About 15 minutes later the calzone arrived. No pizza. It took another 10 minutes to get the pizza and it did not have the toppings we ordered. The waitress at first started to ague with me about the order then looked at her ticket and saw the ticket was correct. She then stomped off to talk to the cook.
The food was okay. Nothing special from our point of view. The pizza crust was especially disappointing. I expected a crunchy bubbled crust since it was in a stone oven. But no. Almost tasted prefab.
We decided we will wait a month or so for Gina's to work out their issues and we will give them a second chance then.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank ChefKaren7
Georgia, USA
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was in the area for business and Gina's was a great find, I ate there four out of the six days I was in town. I tried their spaghetti, calzones, and pizza. While the spaghetti was alright, and the calzone was good, the pizza was fantastic. The next time I'm in the Nashville area, I will return.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank UGA_Alum
Franklin, Tennessee
1,222 restaurant reviews
“Finally...oh finally really great Italian in middle TN!!!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We are Italian citizens and also lived in an Italian community in New England for decades. We have been down here for 3 plus years and have had zero luck at finding real Italian (American) food. This restaurant is right up there with the great Italian restaurants in the Northeast.
The chicken parm is very good, the eggplant parm done Sicilian style is very good, the pizza is very good but could be better..the reason I say this is because the Southerners don't know pizza and they had to turn down the beautiful wood stove they have and cook it slower..(. Should be cooked on very high 800 plus degree oven and it in 4 minutes but they don't like the crust that way.) it's to bad the southerners don't understand real Itlaian because Gina has had to change recipes and ingredients for the sake of the Southerners lack of taste. IE: antipasto can't have prosciutto because they don't like or know what it is ...and we know how expensive prosciutto is.
The wedding soup was delicious but once again they discontinued because the south don't understand. Gina the owner is great and has that n your face northeast Italian persono...the wine list is poor and could be better and the service needs help..they are friendly but not all knowledgable about the food or their jobs...but the food, atmosphere, Gina make this the Italian restaurant to eat at..we have been multiple times...also the pasta is homemade daily and is excellent and the gravy/sauce is very good..go in and enjoy, you won't be dissapointed..

• Visited May 2014