“Good Pizza, Great Atmosphere”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #10 of 382 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My wife and I recently ate at Mellow Mushroom and were not disappointed. The service was prompt and attentive, and the quality of the food was on par with the price point. The location in Franklin is perfect if you are looking to eat and then enjoy historic downtown Franklin.

I would recommend this restaurant to large groups and children's parties due to the spacious seating options, eclectic design, and fun overall atmosphere.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

If you can time your visit during the monthly Saturday outdoor concert of 60s cover-band SixtyFour during warm months, you're in for some of the best outdoor fun in Franklin! Arrive early with chairs, if you have them, & set them up outside then dine inside, or order your food & take it outside to enjoy during the concert. (Can bring alcohol out to the sanctioned area. Franklin police on hand & have never seen problems beyond clueless parents/adults. Dogs allowed outside, FYI & many bring them.) MM formerly had a Caesar salad pizza my girls & I love that I don't think is on the menu any more, but they will still make it if asked. Expect a wait, especially on concert nights/Franklin special events. We typically order 2 pizzas, with hubby preferring pepperoni-combination & we want a white pizza with veggies. Guest was looking for vegan cheese for a sandwich & seemed frustrated when she had to educate the server about it. Will return.

1  Thank CheeryCheryl
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We came into Franklin, Tennessee later than we anticipated arriving, went to the charming downtown and to mellow mushroom to make our 5 year old happy. There was 30 minute wait so we strolled around. Got seated and ordered right away. Salads were delivered promptly. Pretzels took about 15 minutes and pepperoni pizza arrived about 10 minutes later. Pizza is fine but for $50 we prefer eating our Texas favorite Grimaldi's New York style brick oven pizza.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We walked in, and the entire staff was wearing fake mustaches. My kids loved it! We stopped in for a small lunch since we had free hot dogs from the bank across the street. We shared a small pizza, bruschetta, and pretzels with mustard and cheese dip. All of the food was great! Nice little spot to stop in if you are shopping in Franklin. Our waiter knew we were in a hurry, and he helped get us in and out quickly!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Being gluten free has its challenges at times, but I was super excited to see the gluten free pizza choices on the Mellow Mushrooms menu. My sister and I ordered 1 gluten free pizza each and a drink and the bill was about $50.00. Pretty steep for just a lunch. Although they don't upcharge for gluten free, per se, you are charged the same price for a 14" pizza but you get a 12" pizza ( if it is gluten free)

1  Thank 62kat