“Outstanding service, and great bedding.”

Courtyard Memphis Germantown
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Germantown
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

The staff went above and beyond to make us comfortable. We grabbed a bite in the bistro, that was very good. When you turn the tv on the sound is muted, a feature I love when I do not want to wake my wife. The rest is pretty much like most Courtyards.

• Stayed: September 2013
Rebecca T, Manager at Courtyard Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Germantown and being a loyal Marriott Rewards Member. We appreciate you taking the time to respond about your stay on Trip Advisor. It is wonderful to see compliments regarding our staff. We hope you come back to visit us at the Courtyard Germantown. Thank you!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is the third Mariott property I have been in in the last 30 days that did not have disinfecting wipes available in the exercise room. It is very common for MRSA infections to be spread on dirty gym equipment so this seriously needs to be remedied. The room we were in had filthy windows, torn bedding, a layer of dust thick enough to write in, and a ring of black mold under the toilet rim. The matress needs to be replaced due to sagging in the middle and the room smelled musty and smoky. All in all, just not up to the standards we expect from Mariott.

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Beth T
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Screen door to deck had been vandalized. Screen ripped open to access the lock. Screen door also left leaning against the glass door. I reported it and it was not repaired. Since housekeeping had turned the a/c down to 60 while the worked and forgot to turn it back up, the room was frigid and, with the broken screen, I couldn't open the door to warm it up. The sliding glass door and window were filthy beyond belief. Surprising condition for a Marriott property.
Housekeeping was woeful. In addition to the a/c being left at 60, there was no bath floor mat one day, and they removed and did not replace shampoo the next.

Room Tip: Simply avoid this hotel. Management asleep at the switch.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I traveled to Memphis for a grandparent 90 birthday party. I stayed here despite the hotel being further away. I would rather travel further and know I will get good service than risk another hotel. I have never been disappointed with Courtyard. I know I will get consistent good service. I am loyal to the chain. We checked in on Friday and the front desk lady (I think josephine was her name) was helpful patient and accomodating. The housekeeping staff always said hello. The bistro was great. I am a big fan of Courtyard and once again I am a satisfied customer.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Rebecca T, Manager at Courtyard Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Germantown and being a loyal Marriott Rewards Member. We appreciate you taking the time to respond about your recent stay on Trip Advisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Germantown and hope to see you the next time you visit Germantown!

Best Regards,
Rebecca Thompson
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed here one night while driving from Dallas to Cleveland, OH. Shares a parking lot with a Walgreens and an Office Depot. Has an upgraded lobby but not an upgraded room. Air conditioning a little underpowered. Wifi too slow for Android tablet and laptop at same time - Friday night, might have been too busy. Very good black out curtains - slept in until 8:45 with room still nighttime black. Good location just down from Germantown and ~10 minutes away from Bartlett (where found Eating Well sushi closed down by health squad - boo!)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Germantown. We appreciate you taking the time on Trip Advisor to respond about your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Germantown. I apologize for the WIFI being slow during your stay. I am glad to inform you that all the rooms will be renovated November 2013. We hope the next time you visit Germantown Tennessee, you will stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Germantown.

Best Regards,

Rebecca Thompson
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 13 March 2013

Stayed here on a driving trip from Detroit to Forth Worth. Very nice place. Everything worked...and was nice. The Internet could get slow at times when all the other business people were hitting it, but otherwise it was fine. The only downside, for me, is having to pay for breakfast..:-(...other places provide a free breakfast...So, 4 out of 5 instead of a top rating of 5

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Nicely remodeled lobby and bistro area.
No microwave/mini refrigerator, small vanity - typical Courtyard rooms
Great water pressure & temp.
Poor WiFi
24 hour fitness center
Breakfast available for sale 6:30-9:30 AM
Difficult to make a left turn onto Wolf River, but discovered I could cut through Walgreens to turn right on Germantown Rd.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 16 shares wall with soda/ice machines Rooms ending in 19 are across from vending ar...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business