“Agree with the last reviewer, Motel 6”

Courtyard Memphis Germantown
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Germantown
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Marriott is my preferred hotel, however, after this stay, I may need to change my alliance! This property is "dirty" and the rooms need major updates! My room smells of old / nasty food odors. I found a bag of "gummy bears" behind a chair that house keeping never noticed! I've been here for 2 days, and it's still here!! Also, on 2 occasions, I tried to order food for the lobby restaurant, after waiting 10 minutes, no one was there to take my order, and the 2 folks at the front desk, just stood there and did nothing to assist me!! I just picked up the Memphis area, and won't be back!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cochisedog

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed there this past weekend, let me tell you this was by far the nastiest hotel i ever stayed at in my life! Where do I begin.... The lobby stink, the bathrooms were horrendous!!! My room had mold on the wall. It took me 15 minutes to get checked in. I asked for a manager then was told no manager on duty at the moment. What!!!!!!!!!!! No managers???? It was so busy in the lobby why wouldnt managers be at the hotel when it's busy. I only have one thing nice to say some of the staff was really nice but its obviously clear that this hotel is ran by poor management! I recommend no one to stay there

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank chris j
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Overall the hotel was ok. However, our room (room 200) was just a little tired. The window didn't close all the way. A slight tear in the sheer over the window. A fork under one of the beds. The air conditioner never really got our room cold. The toilet had a very loud flush. The beds both made noise when moving in them. The lobby is nice and recently renovated. I would just prefer another Marriott property in the future. This one just wasn't up to the standards of most Courtyards.

Stayed: October 2013
Rebecca T, Manager at Courtyard Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Germantown and being a loyal Marriott Rewards Member. We appreciate you taking the time to respond about your recent stay on Trip Advisor. I want to inform you and all guests who stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Germantown about our upcoming renovation. Every floor will be completely renovated beginning November 15, 2013. We are very excited! We hope you give the Courtyard Germantown another try once we have renovated. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

The staff went above and beyond to make us comfortable. We grabbed a bite in the bistro, that was very good. When you turn the tv on the sound is muted, a feature I love when I do not want to wake my wife. The rest is pretty much like most Courtyards.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Germantown and being a loyal Marriott Rewards Member. We appreciate you taking the time to respond about your stay on Trip Advisor. It is wonderful to see compliments regarding our staff. We hope you come back to visit us at the Courtyard Germantown. Thank you!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is the third Mariott property I have been in in the last 30 days that did not have disinfecting wipes available in the exercise room. It is very common for MRSA infections to be spread on dirty gym equipment so this seriously needs to be remedied. The room we were in had filthy windows, torn bedding, a layer of dust thick enough to write in, and a ring of black mold under the toilet rim. The matress needs to be replaced due to sagging in the middle and the room smelled musty and smoky. All in all, just not up to the standards we expect from Mariott.

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Beth T
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Screen door to deck had been vandalized. Screen ripped open to access the lock. Screen door also left leaning against the glass door. I reported it and it was not repaired. Since housekeeping had turned the a/c down to 60 while the worked and forgot to turn it back up, the room was frigid and, with the broken screen, I couldn't open the door to warm it up. The sliding glass door and window were filthy beyond belief. Surprising condition for a Marriott property.
Housekeeping was woeful. In addition to the a/c being left at 60, there was no bath floor mat one day, and they removed and did not replace shampoo the next.

Room Tip: Simply avoid this hotel. Management asleep at the switch.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I traveled to Memphis for a grandparent 90 birthday party. I stayed here despite the hotel being further away. I would rather travel further and know I will get good service than risk another hotel. I have never been disappointed with Courtyard. I know I will get consistent good service. I am loyal to the chain. We checked in on Friday and the front desk lady (I think josephine was her name) was helpful patient and accomodating. The housekeeping staff always said hello. The bistro was great. I am a big fan of Courtyard and once again I am a satisfied customer.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Rebecca T, Manager at Courtyard Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Germantown and being a loyal Marriott Rewards Member. We appreciate you taking the time to respond about your recent stay on Trip Advisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Germantown and hope to see you the next time you visit Germantown!

Best Regards,
Rebecca Thompson
Assistant General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Germantown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown
Hyatt Place Germantown
Hyatt Place Germantown
#3 of 9 in Germantown
Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis Germantown
Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis Germantown
Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Shady Grove Road

Been to Courtyard Memphis Germantown? Share your experiences!