“Clean updated basic hotel”

Courtyard Memphis Germantown
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Germantown
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed one night while passing through. Pleasantly surprised by updated hallway carpet and rooms. Small food counter (would not call it a restaurant) had nice menu but was out of multiple items and painfully slow to deliver a soup and salad (perhaps too focused on serving beer after beer to parents of youth sports teams overrunning the common areas). Food was good once received. Tiny pool. Ask for room on third (top floor) to avoid noise from rooms above.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SLS006
Rebecca T, Manager at Courtyard Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Germantown. I am glad you like our newly renovated rooms. I apologize for the slow service you received at the Bistro. It was a busy soccer weekend, but it should not have taken a long time to receive your food order. We hope you stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Germantown the next time you are in Germantown, TN.

Thank you.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

The staff is very friendly and professional and absolutely no complaints on how well we were greeted and treated. The room was very clean, water was hot and beds were comfortable. We did not use the bistro but it looked nice. We did have to change rooms due to how loud the ac/heater was - it was hard to hear the TV over it. With the second room, the only complaint was that the toilet made a very loud noise upon flushing that seemed to last forever - slightly irritating but nothing else. The walls are very thin at this hotel due to when it was built but earplugs take care of that easily when you are sleeping. Walking distance to Walgreens is a nice extra perk. All in all a safe comfortable clean room that we would stay in again but slightly overpriced for what it is - however, it is Germantown and everything here is costly!

Room Tip: Ground floor room felt safe and was easy access to bistro and vehicle.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cjc38866
Rebecca T, Manager at Courtyard Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Germantown. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We have corrected the issues you experienced while staying at the hotel. We hope you stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Germantown the next time you are in Germantown, TN. Have a wonderful day!

Thank you!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Over the past several years I have stayed here multiple times and have witnessed a change in management from okay, to not so good, to okay and now it seems like things are really moving in a positive directions toward very good! The hotel is in fact under a major renovation when I stayed at end of January...I was pleased to have a room on 2nd floor that was not quite renovated, but was very nice. The staff are great...from check in to the nice young gentleman working in the Bistro at night. It is an older building and therefore walls are on the thin side. But it's in a great location for me/business purposes. Hoping rates do not go up too much when renovations are complete. Pool was under construction while I was there.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has renovated rooms as of end of January 2014.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Germantown. We appreciate you taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor survey. We are excited that renovations are complete! We hope you stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Germantown the next time you are in town.

Thank you.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel on our trip to Memphis for a family get together for Christmas. The room was nice and breakfast was great. the staff was very helpful and friendly. The pool was good but is located at the back door so people were walking through the pool area over and over. This kept the pool area very cold. This of course would only be a problem during the winter months. Everything else was great.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Older and in need of major updating. I am a Marriott platinum member and stay in many Courtyards around the country. This one needs help and fast. I like the location but please get this done. I will be back in area soon and will look at other properties first. Staff very nice and professional.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mark G
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Marriott is my preferred hotel, however, after this stay, I may need to change my alliance! This property is "dirty" and the rooms need major updates! My room smells of old / nasty food odors. I found a bag of "gummy bears" behind a chair that house keeping never noticed! I've been here for 2 days, and it's still here!! Also, on 2 occasions, I tried to order food for the lobby restaurant, after waiting 10 minutes, no one was there to take my order, and the 2 folks at the front desk, just stood there and did nothing to assist me!! I just picked up the Memphis area, and won't be back!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cochisedog
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed there this past weekend, let me tell you this was by far the nastiest hotel i ever stayed at in my life! Where do I begin.... The lobby stink, the bathrooms were horrendous!!! My room had mold on the wall. It took me 15 minutes to get checked in. I asked for a manager then was told no manager on duty at the moment. What!!!!!!!!!!! No managers???? It was so busy in the lobby why wouldnt managers be at the hotel when it's busy. I only have one thing nice to say some of the staff was really nice but its obviously clear that this hotel is ran by poor management! I recommend no one to stay there

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family