Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Germantown
Tennessee
“Great Place”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel since it was one of the closest to Methodist Germantown hospital where my mother was having surgery the next morning. We didn't have a long stay since we didn't check in until about 8:00 that night and had to leave at 5:00am the next morning, but it was a pleasant experience. The lady that checked us in was very kind and being IHG member offered us bottles of water. The room we had was a suite with two beds and was very nice. Beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean and supplied with adequate towels and toiletries. The only complaint I have is it has very thin walls and we were next door to a crying baby and a person that snored VERY loudly. Other than that, I thought this was a great place. Didn't get to try the breakfast the next morning since we had to leave so early. We had express checkout that morning, but the lady was there that checked us in the night before and wished us a pleasant day. I give the place a thumbs up.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
nene5663, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I have passed on the many compliments to the staff. It is our goal to treat every guest as if they were our only one and to say "yes" whenever possible. It seems, in your case, we were able to hit the mark. I am sorry to hear your good nights sleep was interrupted by sounds from near by rooms. I wish you had been able to enjoy our Breakfast. We have many delicious ans nutritious choices to get your day started. We look forward to another visit from you. Your patronage is always appreciated.

Sincerely.
Hospitality Hostess

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had an amazing experience at this hotel. Everyone was super nice and accommodating. This will be our Go-To hotel from now on when we are in Memphis. I cannot say enough about how wonderful everything was.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your amazing review of our property. It's nice to know that you will consider us to be your "home away from home" when you are in the area. Be assured that the staff has been made aware of the generous compliments. We appreciate your continues patronage. You are always welcome.
Reviewed 28 April 2014

this is the 5th time we have stayed at this hotel.my wife has been getting dental work done at the ut dental center.the lady at breakfast has been very helpful and encouraging with her kind words.the maids are very top notch.i would reccommend this hotel if visiting the memphis area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
nene5663, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is always a pleasure to serve you. We are thankful you consider our Hotel your home whenever you have your appointments at UT Dental. It especially means a lot knowing you have a great distance to drive to be with us I have mentioned your compliment to the Housekeepers. Thank you for noticing their hard work. Looking forward to seeing you again in June or July. I really enjoy our conversations at Breakfast. Stay well.

Owasso, Oklahoma
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I am a Platinum member! Upon checking in, Staff was friendly. My door had been jimmied and Staff said they didn't have access and couldn't get into the room so they jimmied the door to obtain entrance. Appears unsafe! Housekeeping was great and honest. I left a $5 tip as I usually do for these hard working ladies. The housekeeper left it on the bed. I commended her honesty at the front desk and ask for her for the next day. I left her a note with an additional $5. Kudos to the housekeepers. Doors slam very hard in this hotel and doors were constantly being slammed shut during my stay. Doors need adjusting to prevent slamming. When I checked out, I left out the end of the building. My truck was blocked in by someone that illegally parked in the handicap parking space. I went in to tell the Staff lady at the front desk and she couldn't break away from her personal conversation with a gentleman to even acknowledge that I was there. I waited 5 minutes right beside the man and she never said a word. She didn't know if I was checking in or out, but that was rude, especially when it was a personal conversation and not pertaining to the hotel's business. I won't stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dale M
nene5663, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your comments about our Housekeeping staff were right on target. They take pride in the amazing work they do. It delights them to know that their hard work has been noticed and appreciated. I personally checked on your room and had no problem entering. It seems once you brought the issue to the attention of management it was corrected. I am sorry for any inconvenience slamming doors may have caused. We have addressed your complaint with the maintenance department and every door is being checked. I sincerely apologize for you not being recognized by our associate when you were ready to check out. This error on her part has been discussed and corrected. One of the main goals of our Hotel is to make each guest feel as if they were our only one. It seems we have really dropped the ball in your case. Your patronage is greatly appreciated and we hope that you will allow us another chance to make up for the short comings you experienced in your last visit. Make no mistake you are very important to us and we would love the opportunity to serve you again.

Grand Ledge, Michigan
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Nice hotel-staff; very friendly and welcoming. The grounds and the hotel were very well maintained. The location can't be beat....access to just about everything on Germantown Pkwy. and only a 20 minute drive to downtown Memphis.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
GM-HolidayInnExpress, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Your kind review of our property was much appreciated. Our location is ideal to many restaurants and attractions and close to the nightlife of Beale Street. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope your travels will bring you back for a visit soon.

Stockport
Reviewed 8 April 2014

It was very nice. Location was out of all the hustle & bustle, so nice & quiet. Very clean and friendly employees. Very nice stay. Would definitely recommend!! Rooms were big clean and comfortable, with a fridge and microwave which was handy. Breakfast was good with lots of choice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
GM-HolidayInnExpress, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Our staff strives to make each of our guests visit a memorable experience. I passed on your compliment about the clean rooms to housekeeping. They appreciate knowing that their hard work is noticed.I was glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast choices. We make it our policy to have a nutritious breakfast available to start our guests day off right. We would welcome a return visit and look forward to serving you again.

Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My mother, sister and I found ourselves in dire straits while in Memphis and had nowhere to turn until the general manager of this hotel helped us out. Everyone from the general manager, front desk staff, housekeeping, and breakfast helper were outstanding to us.

The hotel is clean, well kept, well appointed, and in what I would call a suburbian part of town. Yes, you could find many hotels in this category, but what sets this hotel above is the level of SERVICE they provide. The breakfast helper said it best: "if we can say yes to a customer, that's what we are going to do". This philosophy resonates throughout everyone on staff.

If we find ourselves in Memphis again, we would most definitely stay here again. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
GM-HolidayInnExpress, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
I want you to know that it was our pleasure to serve your family. Your mother's welfare was our only concern. From the time Rick welcomed you to our property until your mom was tucked safely in bed your well being was our only focus. Your compliments about the cleanliness of the Hotel were appreciated by our Housekeeping staff. It is meaningful to them when someone notices their hard work and compliments them. As you could see they take the job seriously. It was paramount to get your mom comfortable and I have complimented them on a job well done. Thank you for all your kind words. They are much appreciated and have been passed on. We hope that your mom has recovered and that all turned out well. If you are ever in the area again we would love to welcome you back.

Hospitality Hostess
Also consider these accommodations in or near Germantown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#8 of 9 in Germantown
Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown? Share your experiences!