“Clean and good location, but...”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Germantown
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hotel was clean and in a good location for my visit. This is very important to me. But, couple of little things that i found to be off putting... The breakfast lounge is very small and was crowded at the time of my visit. Also, the tv in the room was fixed to the dresser so it could not be turned. I like watching tv from the desk, but the angle made this impossible. Neither of these would be enough to make me go elswhere. I will be back.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
nene5663, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Hotel. I have shown the entire staff your compliments. We appreciate your patronage and never take your loyalty for granted. Thank you for your comments about the TV. I have passed that on to management and we will work on the possibility of swivels to make your TV viewing more enjoyable. Our Breakfast area holds 50 comfortably but I can see it might get crowded if everyone decided to enjoy breakfast at the same time. Since breakfast is from 6;30 to 9:30 this is usually not a problem. I would like to mention we have trays available should you prefer to have breakfast in the quiet of your room next time. Once again, thank you for choosing us and please return soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

From the friendliness of the hotel staff, desk clerks, housekeeping, maintenance and especially Express Breakfast personnel, to the cleanliness of the rooms outside curb appeal and trash and litter free parking lot. The express breakfast was awesome but the item I could not get enough of was the sausage gravy. It was fantastic. After managing hotels for over 20 years, I know what it takes to run a hotel and how difficult it is to maintain a staff of genuinely friendly people who enjoy what they do. Keep up the good work.
Thanks again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
nene5663, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

So... you enjoyed our sausage and gravy ? It's a favorite and always available for our honored guests. We have recently updated our breakfast Bar . Our guests will find many nutritious additions like Greek Yogurt , Turkey sausage, a blend of teas and an oatmeal bar. We will soon add a variety of other items for your pleasure. Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. your patronage is always appreciated. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

The staff at this hotel was awesome. I truly enjoyed the breakfast because it was more than pork. The rooms -- well actually the entire hotel was immaculate. And I must say again, the entire staff, desk clerk, manager on duty, breakfast staff and cleaning staff, were awesome. WILL VISIT AGAIN!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

All of your generous compliments have been shared with our loyal staff. The Housekeepers were especially delighted to know their hard work had been noticed and appreciated. Breakfast is my special area so I always look forward to those comments to see if I can do better. I am glad you enjoyed our new, nutritious selection. You said you would visit again. We are looking forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Loved the quiet, but central location. The rooms were clean,the beds comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast had a wide range to offer, and was very good. The breakfast "hostess" Michelle was friendly and welcoming to all. She was also helpful in regards to information about the area. She represented the tone of this hotel well. It is rare to find a business who still specializes in customer service, but this hotel was all about that. Anything they could do for you they would. ie late checkout, "whatever you need", storing a bike to be picked up later, even though we checked out. Truly customer service that reminded me of times gone by. Good job. I will be back. Also the cost was better than most in the area,( though Memphis tacks on quite a bit of " extra fees")

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank walkgray6

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. All of your positive remarks are greatly appreciated. Our management team, Rick and Hemmy Patel, are the reason we shine. They set the tone for a delightful work environment . I believe this shows in the way we treat our guests and how they respond to us. We would love a return visit so that we may serve you again....ASAP!

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here for extended weekends twice in the past two months. The rooms were spacious, very clean and the air was adjustable (I like a cold room). The breakfast was delicious / best cinnamon rolls ever. For toppers the hostess seemed like family. I highly recommend this location

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Judy B
nene5663, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

I don't know who enjoyed your stay more. Me or you! Conversation in the breakfast room sure was delightful and we appreciate your patronage and kind review. I have passed on your compliments to the staff especially Housekeeping. They take the job of keeping our hotel sparkling and fresh smelling seriously. It means a lot when someone not only notices their hard work but compliments them. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and cinnamon rolls. They are made especially for us and something our guests look forward to. Please come for a visit again soon. We look forward to serving you.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I just had a trip to Memphis and needed a place to stay around 1 am. The staff here, Tony and La-Tricia, were GOD SENT. They held a room for me when I called and asked if they had any left. They only had one left and when I got there I was greeted with genuine hospitality. It was unlike anything I've ever experienced, especially in Memphis. They were so wonderful and helpful and allowed me to have a late checkout with no extra charge. I had been traveling all day and I am 8 months pregnant so I appreciated it more than they will ever know. The room was SO clean, cozy AND quiet. Breakfast was delicious. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I will return. Thanks holiday inn- germantown!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Kelsiebhess

We were delighted to hear your stay with us was a memorable one. I have passed your compliments on to the staff especially Tony and Latricia. She tells me you are expecting a baby girl and we all are praying for an easy delivery and healthy baby. Please jot us a note when she arrives so we can oooh and ahhh over her. We would love to meet her in person so plan another stay with us asap. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The rooms were very clean, beds comfortable and breakfast was good. The staff were nice and very helpful with direction and suggestions to attractions and restaurants. I like that this hotel uses bath & body work products

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank carmelitha

Here, at Holiday Inn Express Germantown, we have a mission. To treat each guest as if they were our "only" one and to say yes whenever we possibly can. From your glowing review it seems that we have reached our goal. Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to your next visit.

Hospitality Hostess

Also consider these accommodations in or near Germantown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown
Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis Germantown
Hyatt Place Germantown
Hyatt Place Germantown
#1 of 9 in Germantown
Courtyard Memphis Germantown
Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Shady Grove Road
Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis Germantown

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown? Share your experiences!