“Inconsistent with usual Comfort Suites experience.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Germantown
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, USA
“Inconsistent with usual Comfort Suites experience.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Workers were nice and facility has a badly needed remodel in progress. They are to be commended for taking some action. However having recognized that improvement is needed they should also recognize that rates should reflect that.
Rates are just a minor consideration. Need for remodel occurs over time but the need for efficient cleaning is every day. Sink stopper in vanity was covered with long standing coating of mold (I do not make a habit of inspecting sink stoppers in hotel rooms when I am in a hurry to get ready to make a meeting). Sink did not hold water but in an attempt to get it to I found that the stopper was not connected to the closer rod, and came out in my hand when I tried to get it to reset. I told the front desk on checkout. Did get a standard "Sorry you were not happy" email as a result of my response to the Comfort Inn & Suites request for a review.

Room Tip: At least a quick cursory inspection of the room at check in is advisable. This is not easy to remem...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ron C
CISManager, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 January 2014

Melanie Thompson
Director of Sales
Comfort Inn & Suites
901-757-7800

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

Very rude workers. Bed inspected after check in for cleanliness and BED BUGS were most definitely present !!!! For those who dont know...if you bring bed bugs home with you it cost around $5000.00 to get rid of them !!! Owner would not speak to us on the phone until we demanded so. They still held our money for 3 days which was ridiculous !! Awful customer service. Holes in the ceilings !! Nasty nasty nasty !!!!

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank pinkmom1
CISManager, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I was not able to find your information in our hotel system. If you did stay here please email us your information on gm.tn398@choicehotels.com. We inspect our rooms regularly and we take cleanliness very seriously. I will look forward to hear from you on above email address.

Thanks,
Manager

Travellers are raving about these Germantown hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed at this location in July for a mini vacation. Melani greeted us as we walked in and was very courteous during our stay. Pool was awesome as was the nice big room we had. It was once an apt and was very roomy. Popcorn and cookies in the evening and breakfast was great too!! We will stay again!!

Room Tip: If u have kids, ask for the apt room for roominess!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your review, Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.
Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in future.

Thanks,
Manager
Saginaw, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Moving from Michigan to Texas stopped at this comfort inn suites hotel for rest. I booked it because they excepted pets and I figured, Comfort Inn can't be bad......they have a reputation to protect. Wrong!! The staff was nice but very unprofessional, they screwed up my reservation so I had to pay for another room. I got the suite at a discount price and it wasn't worth half of that. Room 219 had such a horrible odor it stuck to my cloths. Everything was old and smelly. They need to remodel so so bad. Choice Hotels should be ashamed of this property.

Room Tip: If you have to stay at this place ask for a remodeled room, if they have them.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Quintella J
Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We have stayed in this location several times and had been satisfied. However, this time we were disappointed with the lack of service. The attendant never made eye contact with either of us. He seemed totally disinterested in whom he was serving. We were also disappointed with the appearance of the room (the carpet was very stained with what looked like grease) and the size of the room (very small). At breakfast, the same person was expected to check folks out and keep the food supplied which led to her becoming nervous and not very pleasant. This is a great location for us, so we are hoping for things to improve before we consider staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed here recently for a 3 week business trip. This was booked by my corporate travel agent so I was not given any choices for hotels. The room was very small, but had a fridge, microwave, and coffee. First room had a broken A/C, they came in and fixed it, but it broke again the next day. They moved me to a new room, and this one seemed even smaller. About a week into my stay, there was a fire in the elevator room (in the middle of the night) and there was no elevator for the remainder of my stay. Breakfast was okay, nothing special. Staff was friendly enough. Plenty of food options up and down Germantown Road.

Room Tip: Ask if they've fixed the elevator before taking a room on the third floor!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Destrehan, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Even though "remodeled" a few yrs ago my first room was so musty we asked for another room which wasn't quite as bad, but carpets in halls and rooms really need to be replaced. The room was rather small and mattress wasn't the best. The bath was clean and remodeled. The front desk both pm and am were very nice and helpful and the breakfast was kept well stocked even tho hotel was busy. (no one had an air freshner but clerk did come up and sprayed the carpet) We always stay at Comfort Inns, but will choose another the next time we are Memphis.
And by the way - I always check the reviews so this one was a disappointment - so I had to write my own for the First Time.

Room Tip: Check out the room before you check in.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Evelyn C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Germantown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown
Courtyard Memphis Germantown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown
Hyatt Place Germantown
Hyatt Place Germantown
#2 of 9 in Germantown
Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East
Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis Germantown

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!