“Very disappointing stay.”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Germantown
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
“Very disappointing stay.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We traveled from Oklahoma to Georgia with two dogs and needed an overnight at pet friendly hotel, being a Marriott fan, this seemed like a win/win. We were exhausted and it was late when we arrived. Our room rate was $139, high, but hey, they were pet friendly so I figured it was the price to pay for traveling with dogs. Upon check-in I was rudely informed that in addition to the high room rate, we had to cough up an additional $100 just to have a pet in the room. Didn't I just pay to have pet in the room by staying at a pet friendly hotel and paying more than across the parking lot? The staff were less than helpful at both check in and check out. The shower/tub drained so slow I had to pause mid shower to drain. Nice enough area, not as near a main hwy as I would have liked for ease of travel. Would not recommend.

Green Features: Supposedly pet friendly...more like they bilk you for money.
1 Thank lilsisdee2002
Richie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
I appreciate letting us know about your recent experience at the newly renovated Residence Inn Memphis Germantown. I apologize for the issues you encountered and all have been addressed. It is always our intent for every guest to have a pleasurable stay. I appreciate you being a loyal Marriott Rewards member. We hope to see you again in the near future to let you see issues that were encountered are not indicative of the property.

Richie Gentry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My b/f is a Platinum Elite member and travels 90% of the year. Almost ALL of his and our pleasure stays are with Marriott properties. We have remained loyal to the Marriott brand...until today. This weekend was a pleasure stay for me to meet his family. The large suite we booked into was not the Marriott quality that we are accustomed to. The pull-out sofa (for my girls to sleep on) had old, stained sheets still on the mattress. When we removed the sheets, there was a large urine stain on the mattress. The girls opted to fold it back up and sleep on the couch instead. The bathroom door wouldn't shut properly. The toilet took some jiggling of the handle to flush properly. The breakfast was mediocre at best. The biscuits were hard and the gravy was cold. My b/f and the kids enjoyed the meat and eggs though. The staff was polite and cordial. The outside property appearance was nice. Pool was clean. Nearby train was not bothersome at all.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Richie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Monique, I appreciate you letting us know about your recent stay at the newly renovated Residence Inn Memphis Germantown. I apologize for not meeting your needs, it is always our intent for every guest to have a pleasurable stay. Thank you for being a loyal Marriott Rewards Member. I hope to see you again in the future
Bybee, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Hotel was modern and clean, but walls are thin. Went to sleep with people next door arguing, and woke up to people next door arguing.

A train runs VERY close to the hotel, and I was awakened several times as the train went by.

1 Thank Beth B
Richie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Beth, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the newly renovated Residence Inn Memphis Germantown. It is always our for every guest to have a pleasurable experience. I apologize for the train, which is not typically an issue. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you again soon.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We just had an overnight stay. Staff friendly. First time to stay in a Residence Inn, so unfamiliar with set up. First time to travel with my 90 year old uncle. I didn't think to request a room on first floor or near the elevator, so we ended up on second floor quite a distance from the elevator. He managed to walk the distance. Had a lot of luggage on the rack, and it was a tight squeeze in the elevator. Seemed to be only one. The room was good with two bedrooms so that we both had privacy, but I was close enough in case he needed something. I know I talked about a handicapped room for him, but not sure I got one. The tubs in the room did have grab bars. Didn't use the small kitchen area, but it seemed to have everything someone would need. It seemed like we were in an out of the way place, but I did find a shopping center with a few food choices nearby -- McAlester's Deli, New York Pizza, Dunkin Donuts. I asked the front desk clerk, and he mentioned lots of things, but just frazzled from a long drive, so probably didn't pay attention. There are train tracks across the street from the hotel, but we were on the backside of the hotel, so never heard a train. I did hear a truck hauling a single car carrier loaded park near the room during the night, however. If you are traveling with something like that, ample parking. Several resident type hotels in this area. One note is that the hotel taxes are a little higher than what I expected. I didn't ask, and the cost was not part of the rate given over the phone. I was told I was getting a good rate at the desk, and probably so. Cannot complain as it was comparable to two rooms in a regular hotel, and those would not guarantee adjoining room reservations. .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Richie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience at the newly renovated Residence Inn Memphis Germanown. It was always our intent for every guest to have a pleasurable experience. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Everyone here was so nice and helpful!!! The only thing that I had an issue with was the breakfast. I'm a southerner. I want a southern breakfast . I don't want Canadian bacon. I want bacon. But, the staff was awesome!!! The rooms were great!!!! Clean and so convenient to the show. We will be back in the fall. Have already made our reservations. Just will bring our own breakfast stuff.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the rooms.
Green Features: Very friendly environment. Staff always ready to help. We can't wait to go Germantown again.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the newly renovated Residence Inn Memphis Germantown during the Horseshow. It is always our intent for every guest to have a peasurable experience. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We recently spent 9 days here while coming from out of town for our son's wedding. The staff was super friendly, especially Will at the front desk. The managers were very accomodating and helpful in coordinating rooms for our multiple family members coming for the wedding and got us rooms as near as possible to each other.

The breakfast was good and plentiful. Even though it was sold out with sports teams a lot while we were there, we only had one morning when it wasn't stocked sufficiently but the staff was running around and by the time we were done our breakfast, I noticed a fresh supply of everything so I think we just hit at a low spot and they were working hard to remedy it.

The rooms were clean and the housekeeping staff was friendly and helpful as well. They even sang to the breakfast room before starting their work one morning (maybe they did every morning, but I was only down there at that time one morning).

The location was excellent. Close by..within walking distance...was a nice coffee shop, Fresh Market, Target, Marshalls, Walgreens, etc as well as more shopping and restaurants within an easy drive.

Would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Richie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about recent memorable experience at the newly renovated Residence Inn Memphis Germantown. It is always our intent for every guest to have pleasurable experience. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

The best service and great rooms!!!!! rooms were nice and clean. very close to a lot of things for my family and i to get to. STAY HERE YOU WILL LOVE IT.......I Will be back!! Thanks residence Inn for a great stay

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Richie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
We appreciate you letting us know about your recent memorable experience at the Residence Inn memphis Germantown. It is always our intent for every guest to have a pleasurable stay. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future, and thank you for being a loyal guest.