“better than anticipated” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Vicksburg MS
“better than anticipated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Ciao Bella and Grisanti's are our Memphis Italian favorites, but our kids opted for Romano's Macaroni Grill, primarily because of location that is more convenient for them. Surprise: our food was excellent. 3 of us had lasagna bolognese, which was terrific, another had wild mushroom ravioli which was delicious, and our fifth party had chicken marsala, which was quite good too. Had zucchini fritti and bruschetta for appetizers, also house chianti. Very happy with it all. Service was good until near the end when our check was brought to us without asking if we wanted dessert or coffee. Did not even get a to-go box for leftovers. Still, overall we were happy with our experience.

• Visited November 2013

Central Florida, Florida
“A personal favorite that was a little off on a mid-afternoon visit..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

I really like the food at Macaroni Grill. However, a busy day caused me to have a late lunch. The staff was minimal, as the lunch staff was gone and the dinner staff had not arrived. The pizza was first-rate and exactly as I requested it, which made up for the slow service.

• Visited August 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Very average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

At one time this was a hot spot not sure that's true anymore, I had Chilean sea bass which for $30 was overcooked, tasteless and tough. Wifey had a dish that was much more likable. Server was fine and drinks were OK. I was especially galled to have a 20% tip added to the bill for a group of 6 or more (I usually tip 20-30%)

Wouldn't be my first choice to go again

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Houston, Texas
“burnt and bulls”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

Let's see,
Shall wee start with a frozen fall special, or the fact that they burn it? No, let's start with the appetizers. We tried to but they took for ever to arrive about the same time as the entrees' 1 freeking hour and thirty painful unattended minutes after we ordered. And they burnt it!! What really amazed me was this manager,/bumbling inconsiderate girl who acted like she was on her last dime.
"Tell you what I'm going to do(as she sat down uninvited) I'm gonna give you a free dessert!" Lets see, If you burned my appetizer froxe and burned my Entree, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I"LL RISK DESSERT? CHECK PLEASE!!!!! and that took another 20 MINUTES

• Visited November 2012
Arlington, Tennessee
“No room on the patio”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

The food is usually pretty good. It's the service that needs help. On my last visit (note last visit) I was told they were cleaning off tables on the patio. After about 20 minutes, and noticing two clean, empty tables, they said they were waiting for other diners to leave, "to ensure my dining pleasure." Obviously they were understaffed. My "dining pleasure" doesn't include sitting for 20 minutes, waiting for someone to "clean a table."

Visited May 2012