“What a mess and chaos!”
Review of Romano's Macaroni Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Trying to have a double birthday family celebration. We visited this restaurant for a nice meal together. Many times our waitress was not around and our drinks were left empty. After waiting a long wait the waitress announced that they had run out of ingredients for salad prep but they would arrive soon. She also said she delayed our order so we could pace our meal. 2 minutes later, here comes our food. We sent it back. 5 minutes later when we were halfway thru our salads, here come the entrées. Half of the ingredients were missing from our salads and it included chicken which was not supposed to be in it. Also they had run out of bowls so our salads came out in an oval souffle dish! I personally sent my entrée back for a fresh one. It didn't come until everyone was finished and I had words with the manager who looked to be about 18 years old. Ingredients were missing on all of our meals. We didn't find out until the food came. How does an Italian run out of capers when it's in a third of their dishes? Like I said I had words with the manager and our food was comped. But having inadequate service and improperly prepared food just ruined our time with our family.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

I really like the food at Macaroni Grill. However, a busy day caused me to have a late lunch. The staff was minimal, as the lunch staff was gone and the dinner staff had not arrived. The pizza was first-rate and exactly as I requested it, which made up for the slow service.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

At one time this was a hot spot not sure that's true anymore, I had Chilean sea bass which for $30 was overcooked, tasteless and tough. Wifey had a dish that was much more likable. Server was fine and drinks were OK. I was especially galled to have a 20% tip added to the bill for a group of 6 or more (I usually tip 20-30%)

Wouldn't be my first choice to go again

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Let's see,
Shall wee start with a frozen fall special, or the fact that they burn it? No, let's start with the appetizers. We tried to but they took for ever to arrive about the same time as the entrees' 1 freeking hour and thirty painful unattended minutes after we ordered. And they burnt it!! What really amazed me was this manager,/bumbling inconsiderate girl who acted like she was on her last dime.
"Tell you what I'm going to do(as she sat down uninvited) I'm gonna give you a free dessert!" Lets see, If you burned my appetizer froxe and burned my Entree, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I"LL RISK DESSERT? CHECK PLEASE!!!!! and that took another 20 MINUTES

Reviewed 10 December 2012

The food is usually pretty good. It's the service that needs help. On my last visit (note last visit) I was told they were cleaning off tables on the patio. After about 20 minutes, and noticing two clean, empty tables, they said they were waiting for other diners to leave, "to ensure my dining pleasure." Obviously they were understaffed. My "dining pleasure" doesn't include sitting for 20 minutes, waiting for someone to "clean a table."