“A Good Place at a Reasonable Price”

Travelodge Goodlettsville
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Goodlettsville
Louisville, United States
“A Good Place at a Reasonable Price”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were going to Grand Ole Opry. All Hampton Inns closer to the event were fully booked. This was the closest one available. Room and bed were good but hotel seemed a little "dated". The breakfast was very good. All staff people were polite and provided great service. The room was close to $75 per night less expensive than the Hampton Inn rooms close to Opryland. This hotel was about 10-12 minutes from Opryland.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank George R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dayton, United States
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel was clean and comfortable and perfect for my needs. The bed was comfy. It had an ironing board and iron which was good. I like that it has coffee and tea near the front desk and apples and oranges in the lounge area. It was close to the highway. The breakfast was ok… one of those hotel complimentary deals… but it was just fine. Can't go too wrong with oatmeal, fruit, etc.. Parking was good. I don't have any complaints about this hotel. It was perfect for my needs.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Jane C
Signal Mountain, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is, hands down, the worst Hampton Inn I've ever visited.

We were there for 6 nights recently with our sons's baseball team (multiple rooms).

Many things throughout the hotel do not work, and we saw no efforts to fix. For example: leaks in ceilings, the air conditioning in the lobby/breakfast area, the A/C in the elevator, the A/C in the third floor hallway, the A/C in our room toward the end of the stay, the ice machine on the third floor.

My biggest complaint is the dishonesty of the local management. The hotel's website advertises an outdoor pool. Upon check-in, we were told the pool was currently unavailable but was expected to be available "tomorrow." Checking out almost a week later, we overheard the same thing being told to new arrivals.

We never would've booked this hotel had we known the true state of the pool. The hotel manager said he would comp each of us (those booked together from the baseball team) one night; however, upon check-out, they did not comp a room, and tried to convince us that discounting the nightly rate from $103 to $97 for most nights, plus two other discounts, plus related taxes, equated to a comped night. Our rate was $97 for most nights in the original confirmation!

Last but not least, my inlaws came just for one night during the tournament (about halfway through our 6 night stay). Getting them a room was more trouble than it should've been - the first time my husband asked, we were told the hotel had plenty of rooms, then my inlaws were told no rooms, then smoking rooms only, then rooms with double beds only, then, lo and behold, they did have a nonsmoking king room...but when my inlaws got to the room with their luggage and opened the door with the key they had just received from the front desk, the room was occupied by a man and his son ready for bed!!!!

One explanation from hotel management for all the things that didn't work was "Well, the hotel is 18 years old." Give me a break! Poor management! If I were Hilton, I would NOT let this place call itself a Hampton Inn!

Room Tip: 2nd floor a/c worked better than 3rd floor
2 Thank SM_Farr_Family
Gary G, Manager at Travelodge Goodlettsville, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Please get your facts straight before writing a review. This by far was the worst group of ball players we have ever had. Numerous complaints and refunds given to other guest who was disturbed every night with ball playing in the hallways while the parents were indulging in adult behavior outside and not supervising the kids.
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This is not the quality of a Hampton Inn that I expected. The walls are PAPER THIN, the kids screaming down the hall and the constant running of the bathroom toilet makes for a long night when your a light sleeper. Definitely needs an upgrade. Breakfast was so-so. I wouldn't say stay here as a last resort but I am sure there are other places to stay that would be better.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I chose the Hampton out of a list of choices while in town recently for a wedding. Hampton's are generally pretty good so I thought compared to the others, this was a no brainer. I can say it. I was wrong! Arrived for a quick check in just to drop our luggage off and noticed that our door was ajar. Thought that to be a bit odd so carefully walked in. Didn't look like anything was wrong so we dropped things off, immediately RAN to the AC unit to turn it down because the room was so hot and hit the road. Back around 11pm and the room was still not cooled down. Was not happy to climb into a bed where the sheets were muggy and damp feeling. You understand this can happen if you have an oceanfront hotel room but that wasn't the case.

We called the beds our "bouncy beds" because you couldn't make one move without affecting the person next to you. Lighting was good in the room and the bathroom had a nice feature. When you turned the light on, it started out with just a little bit of light and slowly built to full power. Thought that was a nice touch for when people get up in the middle of the night to use the facilities.

The hair in the bathtub was a little disturbing. It happens. Hair is everywhere. But you just hate to see it when you haven't even used it yet!

Now, let's talk about the breakfast buffet. It was a busy Saturday morning so we understand that. What we fail to understand is the amount of water used to make the eggs, waffle mix and oatmeal. The recipe must have called for 1 part real food and 10 parts water. And while we appreciate the attempt at sanitation, having to individually unwrap your juice cups while your hands are already holding a plate or two is really tough.

The coffee bar was great. There were times it needed some attention later in the evening (walked by a couple of times and would never have stopped to help ourselves to anything because it was a mess). The morning we left, we only stopped for coffee because we knew we didn't want to use up calories on the buffet again. As I was preparing the coffees, a young boy was making some hot chocolate. When he went to put the lid on, you can guess....it spilled everywhere, including hitting his bare feet. He was embarrassed, of course but I told him it was okay. The young breakfast attendant was changing the garbage out which is right next to the coffee bar but I still had to ask her for paper towels and showed her the mess. She made a look of disgust and walked off shaking her head. Now, I'm 100% positive that this little boy didn't mean to do this. But I am 100% positive that she made him feel even worse. Not cool!! I told him to make another cup and off he went.

I don't anticipate another stay in Goodlettsville for anything, although it was a very quaint town and we had a great meal at a local restaurant there. But if I did, I really don't think the Hampton would be on our radar and that makes me very sad!

Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The title speaks for itself. Great location! Lots of restaurants nearby. The Hampton was a let down, I figured because it was associated with the Hilton Honors program that it would be really nice...NOT!

Thomasville, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed her for three nights in July 2014. Although the hotel is acceptable it is not up to the usual Hampton Inn quality. When we checked in on a Friday night we noticed right away that there was hair in the bathtub. Not wet, but like it fell off of something. My daughter told the man at the front desk and he said that was unacceptable and since he was there by himself (who is completely by themselves on a Friday night???) he would go clean it while we were out, which he did. The tub itself however was not in the best shape; it had areas that had been refinished and it was obvious that the finish had again worn. The rest of the bathroom was ok but really needed more thorough cleaning. It was surface clean but the grout was various colors due to needing a deep cleaning.

The rest of the room seemed fine and was equipped wit a mini-frig and microwave. As always the bed was comfortable and there were plenty of pillows and the wifi worked well.

There was often no one at the front desk. On our way to the hotel we called to let them know we would be arriving later and we had to call three or four times before we got an answer. Also, we called once from our room to ask a question and no one answered the phone. We also stood at the desk for a couple of minutes one day to ask a question and no one appeared.

My other concern with this hotel has to do with the common areas. The elevator floor had drips (coffee?) on the floor. After two days those spots were gone and there was different dirt. The breakfast area was very small and was not kept tidy. The entire three days we were there the trashcan beside the coffee service had cream dripped down the front. The tables in the breakfast area were not wiped in a timely manner and had sticky places and crumbs on them. The food area was also not tidy and the floor wasn't clean; it had crumbs and small pieces of food on it. The breakfast layout was very awkward with a main area and then a room attached. The room had one small light making it very dark. It was so dim that it was a little difficult at times to read the paper. The quality of the breakfast was fine; hot entrees, yogurt, cereal, boiled eggs, pastries, breads, etc. and the waffle machine. The batter for the waffle maker was very runny but I didn't have a problem making a waffle and it was fine. The fruit was very nice; there was a great variety of sliced fruit and berries each day and they were delicious.

Overall, this hotel is ok. I am very picky and that is why I almost always choose Hampton Inn; they are usually very consistent and they have clean comforter covers. This hotel is in need of updating and more importantly, having the common areas kept clean.

Room Tip: We had a room next to the elevator and you can hear the elevator going up and down, the bell dinging...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business