“Nice for a short stay”

Travelodge Goodlettsville
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Goodlettsville
Reviewed 13 June 2010

I had to travel to take an exam for my license at Meharry Dental School in downtown Nashville. All the hotels in Nashville were booked or way overpriced due to Fanfair the same weekend. This was the closest I could find to where I needed to go at a decent price. FYI: It's about 15-20 minutes from downtown Nashville. Average room. Clean and comfortable. Bathroom was nice and updated however, there was a HUGE crack in the sink that went from end to end. Didn't have any effect of the function of the sink, it just "seemed" gross. I wouldn't want to stay here for an extended stay but for a night or two, it was good. Another FYI: do not use Mapquest to find this place, we did and got VERY lost. I called the hotel and the front desk person was from Kentucky, didn't know the area herself and couldn't get us there from where Mapquest had put us. She recommended we input the address into our GPS....umm, hello? Not everyone has a GPS!! Ugh. Anyway, we were able to find our way back to the interstate that she knew how to come from and finally got there.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank acaribbeandreamer

Reviewed 5 June 2010

This hotel is very nice, very clean and the rooms are great! The front desk clerks were very friendly and helpful (especially Lindsey)!!
I requested a room change because of more family coming in, no problem.
I had to call later with questions about my bill (Lindsey again!)No problem. She was VERY helpful and friendly.
I can't say enough about this hotel. We will stay here again!!!

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank TJA1
Reviewed 4 April 2010

Nice typical room. Some restaurants nearbye which gave you some good food choices.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2009

The beds were so comfortable, I don't think it took me a minute before I fell asleep. The hotel had a clean "fresh linen" smell from the lobby to the room. Rooms were quiet, and clean. The only thing I found wrong was some scratches on the door to our room. I haven't found a Hampton Inn I didn't like yet.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2009

This hotel is convenient to I65 with amenities of a Kroger across the street, various restaurants from fast food to nice sit down, and not too far from shopping mall. The hotel is just far enough from the highway to have a feeling of peace. Hotel is clean with great service. My complaint would be staying with three people is difficult with two small full size beds or one king bed. Recommendation is not to stay in the room by the back door as you will hear the slamming day and night

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2008

We made this the primary hotel for people visiting from out of town when we were married in Nov. 2007. We had previewed other hotels in the area and this seemed to be the cleanest, classiest, and quietest for the money. You might be able to stay for less but some of the other local hotel properties looked distinctly worn out- like the type of places a business would house out-of-town work crews. The Hampton had much nicer property presentation plus rooms opened to a hallway versus outside which could have been necessary in November.

We think we had friends and relatives in about 5 or 6 rooms. Not enough for a discount but good that everyone was in the same place. The hotel rooms, while smallish, seemed like they had been refurbished within the last couple of years. A couple of our relatives are the complaining type and they had no complaints about the Hamptons cleanliness or staff.

The only downside I heard about (and saw) was the lack of any inroom refrigerator. Then again there is a Kroger food store right across the street plus a Kmart nearby also so it was nothing for the complainer to buy a styrofoam cooler for the weekend in which to store their "adult beverages". I actually think that the lack of refrigerators probably keeps the Hampton nicer as they don't end up with the extended stay folks who might wear out the property.

I would definitely recommend it

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank econobiker
Reviewed 9 January 2008

On a recent visit to family and friends in the Nashville area, my husband and I stayed two nights at this Hampton Inn. The front desk was very nice. They quoted a reasonable rate when I walked in asking for a room. The hotel was clean, but the room was just too small for an extended stay. After two nights, we traded hotels and got double the square footage for $20 less. Everything was as expected for a Hampton Inn, but for more thana couple of nights there are better bargains to be had. I'd stop again for one night, but will pass all the Hampton Inn properties by if I need to stay for more than a couple of night.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)