Magnuson Hotel Nashville North
Great 4.5/5
US$115
US$112
Good 3.5/5
La Quinta Inn & Suites Goodlettsville - Nashville(Goodlettsville)(Great Value!)
US$97
Rodeway Inn(Goodlettsville)
US$73
RodewayInn
Average 3/5
All reviewsnice sizebeds were comfortablesallyfloridarates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Having read the other reviews I have to really wonder if they were reviewing the same place as I was in. I was there on business, the beds were wonderfully comfortable, rooms decorated nicely. It's clean and comfortable with a great price too. Bathroom had enough towels, no begging for extras. I have nothing but praise for them and will not have to think twice about staying again. I stayed in room 211, no traffic sounds to disrupt your sleep either.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I called and spoke to the manager himself and told him that we were traveling with a baby, a toddler, a teen and 4 adults and that we needed to make sure they could accommodate us comfortably. The first thing I asked about was a crib. He GUARANTEED me that they would have a crib (even though the one that had right then was broken- we booked almost 2 months in advance). When we got there, there was no crib. The gal called him and he told her that there was no crib, and then told me on the phone that there was no crib. The breakfast bar was nasty...as was the breakfast room (a makeshift one from a hotel room). The rooms were gross, very damp (the covers were damp even), footprints in the bathtub, crumbs or something on the floor. When I got home from vacation, I called corporate and they said that he can basically do what he wants and was told that he did not have to refund my money...or really anything. When he called me, he tried to tell me he was at Walmart PURCHASING a crib and that he figured since I was already checked in and was fine without one...he went home without buying it...REALLY?!?!?! DO NOT STAY HERE! Take your money and sleep at Red Roof or some mom and pop crap hole before here!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Craigseller8
Reviewed 17 July 2012

reserved this motel through a seconday site. the pictures on the motels website was not at all like the motel when we got there. was some what clean, beds were not very comfortable and there was no cover on the ironing board. no swimming pool, said we could use the gym down the street, breakfast was alot of packaged food, we ate at McDonalds. luckily we didn't pay much for the room as we got there at 10:00pm and left at 7:00am the next morning. wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank souplady1953
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Granted this was not the best hotel I have stayed in but for $35.00 a night I can't complain. I stayed in rm 214. My room was very clean. And I can truly say for a cheap hotel that it was very clean and was amply stocked with everything we needed. More than enough clean, very clean towels. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets were very clean. After driving almost 7 hours i would have been upset with a hard bed. They even have flat screen tvs. The outside is a little bit for wear but overall the stay was fine.No elevator!!! Staff was very courteous. Another plus, it is right across the street from a shopping mall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I just returned home from this hotel today. In my 20 years of traveling, I have NEVER left a comment, but this hotel is so awful, I felt the need to leave one today. Oh, where to start. When I checked in, the clerk answered the phone "Award winning Baymont Inn, how may I help you", and in just the few minutes I was there, I could tell, it was NOT award winning; It was old and dirty. So I thought, well I am here for the weekend, maybe it is not that bad, it is just old. Well I could not have been more wrong.The walk on the way to our room on the 3rd floor (because there are no elevators) was awful. It was just nasty. Dead bugs everywhere, filth, and just nastiness. I know this area is outside, but it is still part of the of the hotel that we have to use, and needs to be kept up. When we walked in our room it got worse. It smelt so bad, we dropped our luggage and walked down stairs to ask for a new room. It smelt old, damp like, and smoke covered. Ever smelt a trashcan outside a resturant? Well imagine that like a thousand time worse. They offered to move us to a different room that had a broke toilet handle, but I told them I could deal with a broke toilet handle over the smell. The only thing I have ever smelled that was worse than this place was the dead cadaver at college. So we drop our bags in the 2nd room and we left to go eat. On the way to the car, we were asked to move again, due to the toilet. Which we did. I thought 'If they put me in the one room and thought it was okay, and now they don't like this room, it must really be bad.' So finally we are in our 3rd room. It smelt old, but not nasty, so I just decided to deal with it. At supper I was debating on if I should just eat my money and go find a new room. But with the soccer tournaments in town, rooms were hard to find.

When we got back from supper, we looked at our bed and well, it was lumpy. I thought maybe it is just the comforter, but no, it was the mattress. I sent my husband a pic of the bed, to which he replied "what is that", I told him, the mattress with bed sheet, no covers. He could not believe what he was seeing. Of course, with everything else I was seeing, I was not surprised. As you can imagine, we did not sleep well at all.

Well my morning was not any better My eyes were blood shot, and they hurt. It had to be from the smells. I do not have allergies and I do not drink, but I looked drunk with my red eyes. Then my daughter pointed out that if I wanted to take a bath, the broken drain was in the floor. Too which I told her " DO NOT take a bath, shower only." I slipped when walking in shower, the bath mat was so old, it was different colors from stains, it needed replacing. Then the hair dryer`also didn't work, so i had wet hair.

We get ready to go eat the cont breakfast- what a joke. When I walked in, I saw one family leaving because they were not eating it. I poured a cup of coffee, grabbed an apple and yogurt cup. My kid at a "frozen from bag" waffle and cup of milk. and other than the cereal- that pretty much sums up what they have.

When we get to the soccer game, we find out that 2 families had just walked out and found new rooms. That the smell was so bad, they refused to stay. Later on, some more families had decided not to go back and just stay further away. One parent said "I would have expected this, had this been a $25 room." I personally think FREE isn't cheap enough.

Sunday morning, when we are leaving, I was 6 minutes late getting to the breakfast area (It did close at 9, and I never sleep in, but I guess when you can't fall asleep until nearly 6am due to noise and lumpy bed, I must have crashed at that point) so anyway, I was a few minutes late. The workers were in the middle of putting things away. They had food in the bags, in their hands, moving it to the next room, putting it up for the next day. I was told I could not have a yogurt cup for my kid, I didn't ask to bring out frozen waffles and cook. I didn't ask them to pour me a cup of milk, I asked for something in a package that was not hard to get. I could not believe that a place this awful, would not try and take the extra step in customer service.

The so called outside court, was really just a big bird bath (that you can hear all night long) that attracts bugs. They must NEVER clean anything outside. Just like the walk up the stairs, this area is just as nasty.

The remote to the TV didn't work. They had this cord like thing hanging over the TV, and normally I would not mention to anyone about a TV issue, but with everything else that is bad, it just shows, they do not take care of anything.

I noticed the pics above are angled to not be able to see the whole picture. Notice, the bathroom picture? It is the corner of the sink. That should speak for itself. The room they are showing, must be the only room in the entire complex that looks like that, and it was probably made when first built and I am sure it no longer looks that way.

I agree with the one in Ky that wants to know if the workers are posting good reviews. They have to be. There is not way this place ever gets a good review from a paying customer. Our group took 18 rooms, none of us liked our rooms. Some of us dealt with it- but all of us agreed that we would NEVER come back. Some of them are going to complain to AAA, because apparently that have a descent rating there. Some will complain to T3, which is who booked our room for us, I will complain to all that I can, including the health dept and BBB. It doesn't even deserve a full 1 star. There needs to be an option for (-) stars!!!

Room Tip: The dumpster outside would be a better fit. It would smell better and be a more relaxing sleep. I am sure the trash would make a better mattress!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends