“Nice stay!”

Magnuson Hotel Nashville North
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were in Nashville during some sort of marathon, and all hotels anywhere around were booked solid and the rates were ridiculous! We drove into Goodlettsville and stopped at the Quality Inn, which was also booked. A very nice guy from there called the Magnuson and secured a room for my friend and I. We arrived late at night, and though the hotel was not in the most desirable part of town, our stay was very nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. There was a lovely sitting area outside by a very nice fountain, and the hot breakfast the next morning at the tables by that fountain was one of the best breakfasts of its kind that I have ever had. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Magnuson Hotel Nashville North

Reviewed 28 May 2014

i was in town visiting a friend and i stayed here for 4 days. The rates were reasonable and the staff was friendly the rooms were clean and the bed was super comfy. It is in a good location there is a mall and plenty of restraunts located directly across the street from the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I read the previous reviews and was hesitant to keep reservations made by my school for National History Day. When we arrived, the room was clean and there were no signs of any danger or drugs. Our stay was fine.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Also look up - Magnuson Hotel North Nashville.

This hotel is in a slummy part of town. I have stayed at value hotels before and my expectations are not that high. Trust me, this place is not only disgusting, it's dangerous. For one, there are no female guests. They were all males, traveling alone, that seemed really shady and looked like bums. Our car was "keyed" in the parking lot. The rooms are disgusting, the place smells, and it's just not the type of place I would ever recommend to anyone. Stay away, trust me. I was seriously concerned for my safety and slept with one eye opened. My husband and I checked out the day after we arrived and got the hell out of there even though we paid for two nights. I didn't even care about my refund. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank chercaruso
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The lady at the front desk asked for $139/nt plus tax when the published rate (I later learned) was $89. When I tried to walk out she gradually lowered the rate. Two story property without elevator located behind a strip mall. Try the comfort suites closeby if you can, better rates and better quality any how. This Magnuson is not honest, and the management should not condone this type of pricing. While the room is acceptable it did smell of smoke even as they claim non-smoking property.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank HarryIndy
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Wow! Do no even consider booking a room at this hotel. They will book you in this property and then tell you there's a 'mistake' with your reservation and try to put you at their other property, the M-Star Hotel, across town. This hotel, which I would classify as a motel (one story, run-down, junk), is NOT where you want to be staying. Upon pulling up here my husband immediately said "We are NOT staying here!". This hotel was booked for our anniversary weekend and due to every hotel in Nashville and the surrounding area being booked for the Color Run race the following morning we could find nowhere to stay and wound up going back home, over 2 hours away. Rest assured that I will NEVER be booking a room with any of Magnuson's properties again! I have no doubt they overbooked and s old my room for more money with the huge influx of runners looking for rooms. There was no 'mistake' with my reservation. In reading reviews, I see other people who have been done the exact same way! Stay far away from this hotel, and as far as I'm concerned, the Magnuson properties as a whole! They obviously think they can do whatever they want with your reservation and screw how you feel about it.

Room Tip: Don't get one from this hotel!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We found this hotel through one of those coupon books at the rest area just south of Nashville. We were returning to Indiana from Florida and just needed a clean comfortable bed for the night. This place is not the Ritz, but the room was clean and the King bed we had was very comfortable. The kind man in the office let me check the room out before deciding if we wanted to stay, and for the price, we were quite satisfied. He gave us a handicap room on the ground floor. The room was very large and had a nice size desk, flat screen TV, and large bathroom. Would not have been worth more than the $54 + tax we paid.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple