“Great place to stay.”

Courtyard Nashville Goodlettsville
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Goodlettsville
Reviewed 8 April 2011

We were heading north after a vacation and wanted to stay north of Nashville. Stayed here based on reviews on Trip Advisor. I booked it by calling the Marriott toll free number. The operator gave me a weekend rate and a complimentary hot breakfast. Hotel is very clean, lovely rooms, and the staff was very helpful. Glad we chose this hotel. If you stay here, you should definitely eat at Chef's Market--awesome food!

• Stayed: April 2011

Reviewed 8 April 2011

Recently stayed mid-week in this newer Courtyard property. As you would expect, tons of business travellers here during this time. In terms of the hotel, absolutely no problems. Hotel was exactly as I expected it to be.

Rooms were good--clean, spacious and what you would expect from a newer Courtyard property. did have flat-panel Tv with HD channels. Room included a mini-fridge to store food or drinks if needed.

Bathroom was good, too. Sink and vanity was located in bathroom itself. Decent sized shower. Toilet was located behind a small privacy wall next to sink. Importantly, everything was clean.

We used the indoor pool. My kids wanted to swim. Water was a little cold. Size of pool was fine--probably larger than most indoors. Property had an outdoor area, patio area behind the hotel. we could see this through the windows from the pool area. Also noticed the workout room--small but adequate. did notice they had a treadmill and bike with tv screens on them.

Large sitting area and breakfast/dinner area off from lobby. Everything seemed fine to me.

My only problem was with the front desk service both at check-in and check-out. Check in was slow. Had to wait in line of 2 people for about 3 or 4 minutes. Never could figure out why things were taking so long. We arrived around 9 PM. Only saw 1 person at check-in.

Check-out was ridiculously slow. For some reason, they did not print a receipt and slide it under the door. So I wanted to make sure everything was straight with my account before leaving. I headed to the front to turn in my keys and get a receipt.

As I arrived, the clerk was on the phone--I am assuming with a management person. Another customer was standing and waiting in front of me. After about 2 or 3 minutes on the phone, she hung up and began to wait on us. I gather she couldn't figure out how to work something on their computer.

The customer in front of me was wanting to get a room (at 10 o'clock am). Of course, no reservation. I then proceeded to listen to their conversation about anything and everything as she tried to get him checked in. This took at least 7 or 8 minutes. Once again, only 1 person at the front desk.

Finally, she got him taken care of and I was able to check-out and get a receipt to verify my charges. Thankfully, she was able to print my receipt immediately. But all in all, I stood in the lobby for 15 minutes to get checked out.

I was not very impressed by the customer service at this property. Having said all of this, the hotel itself is fine. I would state it is above-average. I just hate waiting 15 minutes for something that could have been slipped under my door (like 95% of the other Marriott properties I stay in on a regular basis). The wait was so long that my wife calls me on the cell phone from the car to make sure everything is ok.

In the end, nice property, very poor front desk service.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Milbs_40
Reviewed 2 March 2011

This hotel is in north suburban Nashville, near I-65. Has only been open about one year, and is apparently typical of newer Marriott Courtyards. We stayed at one in McDonough, GA on the way to Florida, and this one on the way home to Illinois. A good choice...new, clean, quiet, comfortable, convenient to interstate. Casual restaurants and fast food are within 5 minutes drive time, if the hotel bistro doesn't do it for you. (It's open for light meals until 10 p.m., but we didn't avail ourselves of it.)

The rooms are tastefully decorated, comfortable, and efficiently designed. Their condition reflects the relative newness of the hotel. The beds are standard Marriott...great. Our bathroom featured a tub/shower combination, and was clean and sufficiently spacious. Staff was friendly and helpful. Noticed there was a station in the lobby for printing boarding passes, as well as several PCs for guest use nearby. Wired high speed internet is available in room and is complimentary.

Might be a little more expensive than some of the value oriented motels (we paid $131 for one night, tax included), but in this case, you get what you pay for. In summary, a very good place to stop for a night.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2010

It's new and the owner is obviously cutting corners already. Examples; Only one person at front desk while a line of guests waits to check in. Phone ringing off the hook. Not a relaxing environment. My room had exactly two tissues in the box. The former guest's wash clothes were still hanging in the bathroom. I have the impression that this Marriott property is providing token service while cutting every expense possible. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank BarefootTom
Reviewed 20 October 2010

First the staff was great and all spoke english. When I Checked In right off the bat just like always do I needed to know where to go to eat. And with out taking a breath I was told to go to Woody's Steakhouse. Great Choice. The rooms were very clean, it was quiet which is something I love about a hotel. Location was good for where I had to travel. And again the staff was very helpful. When I needed a cab its was there in no time. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2010

We spent one evening in TN and had a great experience at the Courtyard. I was travelling with 2 teenagers, who were equally impressed with the hotel. We stayed in 5 hotels on our road trip, and we all agreed that this one was our favorite. It still looked new, the beds were very comfortable, and the decorating was very stylish. The bathroom was roomy, well-lit and very clean.

Not having much time to do research on our own, and wanting a different restaurant than what we can find in our city, the receptionist at the front desk was very helpful in recommending a place to eat that was unique to the area. We ended up downtown Nashville and wished we could have stayed to listen to the live music, but the kids were tired and we had an early morning.

I was especially impressed and enjoyed the variety of books available in the lobby. It was such a nice touch! We found a few that made for a fun discussion! Not always an easy thing to do with teenagers!

The only reccomendation I could make to future travellers, is to avoid the breakfast bar if you are in a hurry. We were in a time crunch, so decided to skip breakfast out & grab a quick bite at the hotel. Our order took over 1/2 hour to complete & get to us - causing us to be late picking up family members at the air port. I'm not sure if this is typical, or if the person working was short-handed and it was an off day.

We would most certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2010

We were just passing thru Nashville on our way to Memphis. I chose this hotel based on other reviews, very glad I did. This hotel was beautiful, large spacious room, lobby has a huge touchable computer screen that you can look up area attractions restaurants etc. Staff was exceptional, I asked for a local BBQ place and was given Centerpoint BBQ as a local place to go excellent. I would definately recommend this hotel. Great staff, comfortable rooms not your typical Courtyard.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goodlettsville
Comfort Suites Goodlettsville
#6 of 17 in Goodlettsville
Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North
#4 of 17 in Goodlettsville
Downtown Nashville
The Hermitage Hotel
The Hermitage Hotel
#5 of 157 in Nashville

Been to Courtyard Nashville Goodlettsville? Share your experiences!