“Modern and Attractive” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Goodlettsville
Michigan
“Modern and Attractive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

We took advantage of a weekend special with free breakfast at this attractive hotel, apparently quite new. It is a little hard to find from Interstate 65, but once you have found it the location is very convenient if you are just passing through Nashville or (in our case) visiting friends who live north of the city. A lot of thought has gone into its design, and the rooms and public areas are beautiful. Food service is supplied by a Starbucks right in the lobby, with a somewhat limited menu, but there are restaurants nearby. Staff were all friendly and helpful; internet worked well.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We booked a package that included breakfast this time. So what we got was the ability to pick from a limited menu from the starsucks in the lobby. It still came in cheaper than if we had paid for it separate.

The good new was that our car didn't get broken into this time.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Dayton, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

A beautiful hotel and the staff was some of the most helpful iv'e come across. I was in Nashville for my nieces funeral and the staff was so attentive to our needs. They even mapquested the funeral home for us. We had several rooms as family in the hotel and not one of us had a reason to complain about anything. The rooms were very clean and updated and the coffee in the lobby was the ultimate. Wish I could of brought some back to Ohio with me lol. The one downside was that there was not continental breakfast but even with that , there is dining near the lobby and a gazillion eateries right on Gallatin Road so even with that I still say it was an excellent stay and I highly, highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

This was a great place. Close to the interstate and restaurants. The staff was very friendly and the entire building was clean and appeared to be new. Pool area and fitness center where great as well. Breakfast was not included, but it was reasonably priced and tasted great.
I usually stay at Marriott properties while traveling, and this one was one of the nicer Courtyards I've stayed in.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

I have stayed at this Courtyard by Marriott in Goodlettsville more than once. Let me first off say that this a new hotel not a refurbished older building. Everything in hotel is new and it shows. It looks more like a 5 star world class hotel on the inside. Check in at the lobby is very easy and comfortable. It doesn't have that long counter like at most hotels it has two small knooks where the employee stands and chats with you while checking in or out. The lobby has three divided off areas well four if you count the free computer area where they have desktops so you can check on your email, facebook, etc. Of course there is free wi-fi everywhere in the hotel. The hotel and rooms are decorated with bright colors and art which is totally different from many hotels I've stayed at in the last couple of years. Now on to the room. My kingsize bed has been so comfortable I want to buy one its not to firm but not the sink in tempra stuff either, it is a perfect medium. Bathroom has a large shower tub combo. Shower head is adjustable so you get what you want in you shower flow and power. The room has a large flatscreen which swivels so you can watch from bed and couch comfortably. Has a mini fridge which is already cold when I gotten in room, unlike some hotels. room is very quiet. Also here is a tip for you business travelers or regular travelers like me. The tv has HDMI, and rca jack inputs on the side so you can plug up a DVD or Bluray player to watch a movie while your there. For me I carry a ROKU player with me which is wi-fi so I can stream my netflix account to my hotel tv. If you don't have a ROKU player I would look into it they sell them at Walmart very cheaply and it's about the size of a pack of cigarettes with a remote so its easy to carry anywhere. Oh well, the hotel is great, clean, friendly, great location. Best Courtyard by Marriott I've ever stayed at bar none!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

Spent 1 night here in December 2011. It has been a long time since I have stayed at a courtyard because i feel many are run down products of 20 years ago. This one was either new or gutted and remodeled in the last year. The lobby is huge and very nice with a quasi restaurant / cafe. The room was decorated nicely with a comfortable bed, large bathroom, flat screen TV, etc. Everything was very clean and the bathroom in great shape. The room felt more like a full service Marriott than a discount chain. I also was able to connect quickly and easily to their free wifi. My room was on the ground floor. Didn't bother me. I could not here anything or people outside.

There isn't much in terms of dining nearby - at least from what I could see. The front desk mentioned Cracker Barrel and Shoneys as the best options. Tons of nearby fast food however as well. I forgot to bring toothpaste and went to buy it from their lobby store. But the lady who checked me said it was pricey and instead gave me some free tubes of Colgate to get me through my one night trip. A nice gesture I thought.

I ate breakfast in the cafe. Just had a muffin a coffee. Others were getting more substantive meals and they even have an espresso bar with Starbucks beans. The regular coffee was good. Many colleagues travel to this area for work and everyone stays here. Seems to be the best option around.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
New York NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

Great location on sort of like a hilltop. Very very convenient to the highway without the highway noise or congestion. Courtyard by Marriott is generally very consistent and this is why we very often visit the Marriott app first. This Courtyard is consistent. We've stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in Newark Delaware, Baltimore Maryland, Chicago Illinois, and other locations - definitely like the consistency.

Very easy and convenient for getting into downtown Nashville.

Plenty of shopping and dining options right nearby if you don't want to go downtown.

Rooms seem very new and have a very fresh feel to them. Bed is very comfortable.

Parking is easy and plentiful.

I've noticed some of the earlier reviews mention rude front desk staff. We did not find anybody to be less than friendly but I would say they didn't seem quite as warm and overly-friendly as in some other locations - they're pleasant and helpful. We have absolutely no complaints.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel are actually nicer because the hotel sort of sits up on a bluff...