“Courtyard going to the birds”

Courtyard Nashville Goodlettsville
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Goodlettsville
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

First I will say I am a silver marroit member and rely on marriott for the vast majority if my travels...however this is the second courtyard that has let me down now in the past two weeks and Most lily my last stay at a courtyard...first let me say the room was nice and clean...however just like the one in MS week before last my reservations asked for extra towels and pillows...not there and when I asked for some was told that we could get the towels but had to wait until a runner could show up....3 hours later a call to the desk was made and was told the runner was late to work and that as soon as he showed we would get our pillows...now I will say Todd is a great guy, friendly and all but if in fact that he was the only one around shame on hotel owners and management as this is not only poor customer service but also dangerous....
All in all a nice stay, but courtyard needs to start reviewing your reservations and getting it
Correct and when they don't they should be able to fix it within the hour especially when they are not all that busy in the lobby

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Roger47993
Robby G, General Manager at Courtyard Nashville Goodlettsville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience at our hotel. I am so sorry we did not have the extra towels in your room before you arrived. I can see how you would be frustrated with what seems like a simple request to fill. Our lobby hosts in the morning are supposed to review the special requests of arriving guests and notify housekeeping so we can put the additional amenities in the pre-assigned room. It seems that we did not get this completed for your room or the assignment was later changed and the additional towels were not moved. Either way, it is still not acceptable to wait the length of time you did to have additional towels brought up. We usually do have a manager or supervisor scheduled late, but during your stay we had one on vacation and we are currently recruiting an Operations Manager to fill a vacated position. Again, I am very sorry that you had this problem while you were with us and hope that you will give us another opportunity to make up for it the next time you are in our area.
Best regards, Robby Gilreath, General Manager

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed at this Courtyard in February of 2013 for a friend's wedding that was at the Opryland resort. I was so pleased with the friendliness of the staff and the modern beauty of the room and common areas. I felt at home and comfortable everywhere and it was easy to find my way around and back into Nashville for the wedding.

There was a large family staycationing and the kids pretty much took over the pool -- which was a little upsetting because that's part of my workout regime -- but the staff happily helped me find a local YMCA I could use my membership at. The only suggestion I might make is when something like that happens, perhaps offer to give an individual access to the pool after "closing time" -- so they can just work out. I'm sure there are security cameras for guest safety. That would have been a nice extra touch.

Other than that, I couldn't ask for better service or accommodations. Everyone on staff was helpful and friendly and I loved staying with you. I would stay again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Hey Stefanie, thanks so much for taking the time to tell us abot your stay! We really appreciate the feedback!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Great Property. Close to restaurants and shopping. Friendly and professional staff. Hotel common areas and rooms very clean and nearly new furnishing/ décor. Hotel has bar and limited menu. Two thumbs up!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thanks so much for your kind comments. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Super convenient to I-65 travel yet quiet and in a corporate park.

I checked in 3 hours later than expected due to a fatal accident further to the south on I-65. I had expected to check in, get some dinner, get to bed early, and get up extra early and get a good start towards home in Chicago. Because I arrived so late, no dinner, just bed and I even slept in a couple hours to give my body a bit of extra rest.

The staff was efficient and polite. The room was clean, comfortable, and restful.

I don't usually have problems with Courtyards by Marriott. They seem to be one of those hotels where it is very unusual to have a bad stay, but, I understand, it can happen at ANY hotel. This is one of those occasions where I couldn't afford to have a bad stay and can't say that I have anything negative to report. Wish I could have stayed in the area a little longer.

On a side note, law enforcement seemed to be astute at 7:00 a.m. as an officer on a motorcycle pulled a driver over in the Courtyard parking lot while I was packing up my car. Apparently, they watch for errant drivers closely within that corporate park!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank kpavlik
Robby G, General Manager at Courtyard Nashville Goodlettsville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2014

Thank you for the kind words! We'll hope to see you aain next time you are in town.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

The hotel overall was a good price and location, however during my visit there were many problems with my room. It began with a dirty, sticky ice bucket, which extended to many other unclean items including the soap dish, glasses and ice bucket tray. Obviously housekeeping is lacking at this hotel. When I contacted the front desk, Todd indicated he could replace the items within 20 minutes or put me in another room. I should have chosen a new room as it was over an hour and two phone calls before he was able to bring me the items. By the time he arrived, I had placed all the dirty items outside in the hallway and filled the paper cups with ice to make do and retired for the evening. In addition, the bathroom exhaust fan thumped all night long when the heat was on, which was extremely annoying. The hotel was nice, but room #411 was not!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Robby G, General Manager at Courtyard Nashville Goodlettsville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

I am so sorry that there were items in your room that were not cleaned to our standards. I cannot imagine how uncomfortable you must have been when you found those items that were not cleaned. Our housekeepers usually take great care in servicing rooms and all rooms are inspected prior to making them available to our next guest checking in. It sounds as though we dropped the ball in this case. I am also sorry that Todd was delayed in responding to your requests for new items in your room. This is not the level of service that our guests are accustomed to receiving or that meet the standards we have set for ourselves. I would like to hear more details about your experience, so if you would like to discuss it further, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at 615.851.3000. Best regards, Robby Gilreath, General Manager.

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Recently spent a few nights here. I had to rely on the in house cafe which was adequate for breakfast and some quick dinners. The gym is great. The Executive Board Room was fantastic for our meeting and Barbara was an absolute pleasure to work with.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly about the level of service received from Barbara. I'll be looking forward to sharing your feedback with my team in our next daily meeting. Best Regards, Robby Gilreath, General Manager.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I booked this room in advance becasue it was more reasonably priced than those in Nashville, offered free parking and the tour I was going on picked up at this hotel. It was clean, safe and met my needs. The front desk clerk when I checked in could have been a little more welcoming. Being an older, single, female traveler can often lead to misconceptions by young, female staff.
I do encourage them to offer a free continental breakfast and have coffee available in the lobby.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Robby G, General Manager at Courtyard Nashville Goodlettsville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Hello Josie, thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback about our hotel. We always enjoy hearing from our guests. I would love to hear more about your check-in experience so I may appropriately share it with my team. If you would like to reach out to me, my office number is 615.851.3000 or my email is robby.gilreath@marriott.com. Thank you again for staying with us and we'll look forward to seeing you again. Best regards, Robby Gilreath, General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Goodlettsville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Goodlettsville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Goodlettsville - Nashville
Comfort Suites Goodlettsville
Comfort Suites Goodlettsville
#6 of 18 in Goodlettsville
TownePlace Suites Nashville Goodlettsville
TownePlace Suites Nashville Good...
#4 of 18 in Goodlettsville
Quality Inn Goodlettsville
Quality Inn Goodlettsville
#8 of 18 in Goodlettsville
Hyatt Place Nashville/Hendersonville

Been to Courtyard Nashville Goodlettsville? Share your experiences!