“Good food, but service???” 4 of 5 bubbles

Chef's Market
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Creswell
“Good food, but service???”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We recently ate here with our family. Thankfully they had been here before as navigating the food line is a bit confusing. There is an enormous amount and variety of food choices. At first I wasn't sure about ordering the $20.00 all you can eat, but taking into consideration that this includes salads, fruit, several choices of meats, including prime rib, many vegetables, bread and unbelievable desserts, and includes a drink, I decided I would go with this option.My main problem with our visit was a server that was very rude to another server in front of several customers! The poor young man was working just as hard as everyone else behind the counter, he was fixing 2 plates for a patron when this older lady come up to him and said very rudely, shut that door, I've caught you leaving it open 2 times, then wheeled around and walked off! The young man looked very embarrassed, to say the least, the lady that he was fixing the 2 plates for looked shocked! I guess we were both thinking the same thing, it's kinda hard for the young man to fix the plates through closed doors!!! As a business owner myself I know sometime it is necessary to correct employees, however I think it is best not in plain view of the customers especially while they are busy and not doing anything worthy of the correction at that particular time.
In conclusion, our meal was very good, very plentiful, and the desserts are amazing!!!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kim O

Chicago, Illinois
“So Much To Choose From”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

All of the food that I had from here was great. I can't remember what I had (LOL), but I purchased 2 or 3 entrees and maybe 2 desserts and I wanted to get more desserts but I knew that would not be in my best interest :)
I wish there was one near me. I would definitely recommend a visit to this restaurant.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank LHarrisS
Nashville
“One of my favorites!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The food is just outstanding! We go here just about weekly because we crave the hot chicken salad and the snakebite pasta. I highly recommend both! If you have a healthy appetite, visit the restaurant on a Friday or Saturday night. They have an all you can eat option where you can try all of the hot entrees, the cold salads, and they also feature prime rib. A dessert is included as well, but you pretty much have to get that to go because you will be stuffed! I highly recommend their cakes as well. The lemon and key lime are my favorite and my husband likes the strawberry. Don't forget to get the fruit tea. It's delicious!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Amanda A
“Portions so large I didn't have room for dessert!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I was in town on business and looking for something other than fast food to eat but not extravagant. The hotel recommended this place which was conveniently located so I thought I'd give it a try. I went in thinking I'd have a salad but instead had a delicious piece of salmon with a crawfish topping and two sides, one being a salad! I was able to eat outside and had a nice conversation with I'm on there single person at the table next to me. The only drawback was that I couldn't finish my meal as the portions were so large and the desserts looked fabulous! Next time I'll have to have dessert first!

1 Thank Wcb1126
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Nashville's Best kept secret!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Food is fantastic! Great ambiance! Recommend getting the CIT special on your first visit, all you can eat and you get to sample everything. Then, you can determine your favorites for future visits.

• Visited May 2014